Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sacramento Kings should draft Brandon Jennings

Brandon Jennings and Kevin Martin = Best Scoring Duo in the League.

And they have a solid starting lineup.

C- Spencer Hawes
F- Jason Thompson
F- Andres Nocioni
G- Kevin Martin
G- Brandon Jennings

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: Sacramento Kings should draft Brandon Jennings

Makes sense. They're big holes are small forward and point guard, so if it's not Jennings, it should be Lawson, Derozan, or Johnny Flynn, none of which is worthy of the fourth pick in the draft. If they're going to keep on running the Princeton or some modified version of it, Curry would work well, too.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

You didn't pay attention to Jennings in Europe did you? He shouldn't have come out this year.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Agreed. Guy looks great. I feel bad for the Kings though wish they would have got 2nd or 3rd pick.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
You didn't pay attention to Jennings in Europe did you? He shouldn't have come out this year.

He's going to be a more effective player in the NBA. He's only 19 yrs.old, and he was the best HS prospect last year.

Jennings is only playing 17 mpg in the Euro league, and he still able to averaged almost 8 ppg while coming off the bench.

By the way the Martin and Jennings duo reminded me of Allen Iverson and Jerry Stackhouse, when they were playing with the Sixers.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

i'm in shock but i'm gona be optimistic in that the kings will pull something off during the draft that will benefit the team.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Alex
i'm in shock but i'm gona be optimistic in that the kings will pull something off during the draft that will benefit the team.
If they don't attempt to trade up, I'm not going to a single game next year.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Can somebody please explain to me what looked so great about Brandon Jennings this past year?

Yes, he has potential so he would be a project player and you shouldn't draft project players in the lottery unless you're a fluke lottery team.

The guy shot 21% from the Euro three point line which is a NBA mid range jumper and had 2.3 assists compared to 1.6 turnovers per game.

How is a guy who failed in Europe going to explode in the NBA? Didn't we already see guys who put up subpar numbers in Europe (Darko) come to the NBA and fail with all the expectations in the World.

Brandon Jennings is this years over hyped player of the draft.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
If they don't attempt to trade up, I'm not going to a single game next year.
i'm guessing you live in sacramento, i wish i lived near there, i'd be going to a bunch of kings games. i still have faith in the 4th pick, we can get a good pg, we don't necessarily need rubio. harden or jennings will do for me in terms of pg. i don't want to think of the pf/c possibility...
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Can somebody please explain to me what looked so great about Brandon Jennings this past year?

Yes, he has potential so he would be a project player and you shouldn't draft project players in the lottery unless you're a fluke lottery team.

The guy shot 21% from the Euro three point line which is a NBA mid range jumper and had 2.3 assists compared to 1.6 turnovers per game.

How is a guy who failed in Europe going to explode in the NBA? Didn't we already see guys who put up subpar numbers in Europe (Darko) come to the NBA and fail with all the expectations in the World.

Brandon Jennings is this years over hyped player of the draft.

Because he has the potential to become a Scoring Machine in the NBA. He's one of the most athletic PG's in the 2009 NBA Draft Class, and if he played 1 year in College I think he's capable of putting up better numbers than Jeff Teague.

I don't think he's overrated he made a good decision playing in the Euroleague, and I am sure he learned from his veteran teammates.

Just look at his past accomplishments. This kid has the potential to have a better NBA career than Greg Aden and Jerryd Bayless.

Quote:
* 2005 Press Telegram Freshmen Player of the Year
* Named the Most Valuable Player of the 2006 Les Schwab Invitational Tournament
* Co-MVP of the 2006 Elite 24 Hoops Classic
* Co-MVP of the 2007 Elite 24 Hoops Classic (with Tyreke Evans)
* 2007 Las Vegas Easter Classic Most Valuable Player
* 2007 NBAPS Top 100 High School Camp Best Playmaker
* 2007 The Goazcats.com Showdown Most Valuable Player
* 2008 Naismith Male Player of the year
* 2007-08 Gatorade Player of the year Virginia
* 2008 Parade Magazine Player of the Year
* 2008 EA SPORTS National Player of the Year
* 2007-08 MaxPreps National Player of the Year
* 2008 Jordan Brand Classic Most Valuable Player for the East
* No. 1 rated senior by ESPN (2008)
* No. 1 rated senior by Van Coleman Hoopmaster (2008)
* No. 1 rated senior by Clark Franics Hoopscoop (2007 and 2008)
* No. 1 rated senior by Dave Telep Scout.com 2008
Old 05-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
He's going to be a more effective player in the NBA. He's only 19 yrs.old, and he was the best HS prospect last year.

Jennings is only playing 17 mpg in the Euro league, and he still able to averaged almost 8 ppg while coming off the bench.

By the way the Martin and Jennings duo reminded me of Allen Iverson and Jerry Stackhouse, when they were playing with the Sixers.

Damn, that picture brings back memories. I used to think that was the team of the future.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

This is the first post of yours I agree with.

Brandon Jennings will be very good in the NBA, he's a good athlete and his playing style reminds me a lot of a young Stephon Marbury.

Jennings is marketable out west, he can put fans into the seats there at Arco.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Because he has the potential to become a Scoring Machine in the NBA. He's one of the most athletic PG's in the 2009 NBA Draft Class, and if he played 1 year in College I think he's capable of putting up better numbers than Jeff Teague.

I don't think he's overrated he made a good decision playing in the Euroleague, and I am sure he learned from his veteran teammates.

Just look at his past accomplishments. This kid has the potential to have a better NBA career than Greg Aden and Jerryd Bayless.

How? You keep saying that as if that is in fact the reason. That's not a reason, that's just saying the same thing over and over.

Being athletic and shooting 20% from Euro three isn't enough to translate into a good NBA player, let alone average.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
How? You keep saying that as if that is in fact the reason. That's not a reason, that's just saying the same thing over and over.
Brandon Jennings is a natural scoring machine at PG, I watched this guy in HS and he dominates the ball but can carry his team if he has to.

I previously compared him to Iverson, but that was too much credit.

A prime Stephon Marbury is a good comparison, because both play hard, both are very athletic, and both have this same idea of getting others involved by powering the offense on their own without actually running the offense.Its complicated but it was Marbury's unique knock on him throughout his career.

Quote:
Being athletic and shooting 20% from Euro three isn't enough to translate into a good NBA player, let alone average.
Brandon didn't fit in Europe from the beginning, and he was placed on a veteran team with veteran Euroleague players, and had to try and earn minutes on their team as a young kid without any professional experience.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #15
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Best scoring duo in the league?
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: