Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2009, 03:30 AM   #91
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
beasely is like 6'7, but if they are around the same size (like you say) then why does Griff simply smash anything inbetween him and the hoop (in a 2-3 foot radius) while beasely had to settle for hooks and layups in the same situations.

Either

A. Griff is a considerably larger and stronger
B. Griff is a more explosive athlete
C. Both A and B

Beasely is a better perimeter player for sure (by leaps and bounds), but when everything is said and done Griff will be the better player in the paint (which is what most 4's are paid for, working in the paint). Most 4's don't need Beasley's skillset. It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance. It's cool and welcome, but having a bear do bear stuff would probably be the best.

I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game. Same goes for a lot of bigmen. The need that 15 foot jumpshot they can nail consistently. Griffin isn't Shaq, and he won't overpower opponents in the NBA immediately.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #92
BRINKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game.

he's only "criticized" for it because he's built up to be and expected to be a dominant elite superstar. hype and status aside, im quite certain even without a jumper in his arsenal, every team in the league would welcome him into their lineup, and over michael beasley at that.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 AM   #93
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

FULL CLIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game. Same goes for a lot of bigmen. The need that 15 foot jumpshot they can nail consistently. Griffin isn't Shaq, and he won't overpower opponents in the NBA immediately.

True, but as you can see Dwight is very productive with his limited skillset. All Dwight has to do is play defense. When you're as athletic and big as somebody like Dwight you'll get most of your points off of tip-ins, putbacks, lobs, etc.... Dwight doesn't need to hit a jumper, he just needs to rebound and be a decent FT shooter. Beasely is three times as skilled as dwight, but he'll probably never have the impact dwight has in the league.

I'm not saying Blake=Superman, but he's a powerful freak of nature at the 4. He's physically ready for the league and will be one of the more athletic players once he joins. Dude can finish with the best of them and does a good job rebounding and playing "big". As long as griffin can rebound well in the NBA then he's well worth the no.1 pick.
FULL CLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 AM   #94
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Too bad he has to be a reserve for Zach Randolph...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:53 AM   #95
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Too bad he has to be a reserve for Zach Randolph...

I dont buy that for a minute. I think for sure Zach will get the boot either now, or early on in the season.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:53 AM   #96
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINKER
he's only "criticized" for it because he's built up to be and expected to be a dominant elite superstar. hype and status aside, im quite certain even without a jumper in his arsenal, every team in the league would welcome him into their lineup, and over michael beasley at that.

Beasley had one of the best college seasons ever, all in less years then Griffin as well.

I don't see anything that Griffin does better then Beasley apart from rebound.

Beasley was just as dominant in the post when he played in college if not more so.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #97
Clipperboy3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Clipperboy3 has an OK reputation so far

Poor Blake Griffin wow sum poster's Basketball IQ really scare me, anyways c'mon Blake & Beasly are the same age but that's it. After being measured correctly Beasly errored from a so called 6'10 college big man to 6'7 pro small forward trying to play the 4 position. At most I see Blake @ 6'9 clearly out weights Beasly if out muscles him. That said they both play different. Blake @ his stature likes to play on the open court, slash, pick & roll, or alley-op, ending up with a Lebronesce dunk. Beasly rather post up isolated maybe 2 to 3 dribbles quick move & fades away with a jumper, effective against college players not as much on grown men bigger than him. I'll give u this as far a pull up jump shots & free throws Beasly got Blake on those 2 too by far. But I can't see Beasly getting any stronger but maybe adding more finesse to his post moves arsenal. As for Blake if he can develop a descent outside jump shot, free throws, etc more of a project but with all that god given talent his potential is endless. With the right Guard by his side(maybe BD) with his size & speed he can have a Karl Malone type pick & roll type of game. To play in LA, the weather, the girls, the beach , the snow the night life, money in his pocket, endorsements galore come one really POOR BLAKE GRIFFIN??? Dam who knows their geography????? I mean unless he's afraid of earthquakes then yeah i agree Poor BG ha ha ha
Clipperboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:02 AM   #98
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Beasley had one of the best college seasons ever, all in less years then Griffin as well.

Beasley was just as dominant in the post when he played in college if not more so.

He was (statistically), but just wathing them play I thought Blakes sophmore year was nasty. Beasley was a great player, but Griffin was "Humanity Advanced". As a USC bBall fan, I wasn't afraid of beasely. He ended up beating the trojans because of lame ticky tack fouls he drew, but physically he could'nt out muscle Taj gibson. Blake griffin made Taj his ***** for the most part when they played. Too big Too strong.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:03 AM   #100
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance.

Who wouldn't want a Bear that can tap dance?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #101
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Who wouldn't want a Bear that can tap dance?

That's what I'm saying, having a bear that could tap dance would be cool...but a bear that specializes in "bear stuff" (eating people alive, looking for honey, etc..) would probably be the best for the bear.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #102
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Honestly, I think some guys on the Clips now could definitely help develop him. I still don't think they'll make the playoffs next year though. Looks promising though.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #103
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Since when is Griffin a good defender? Beasley was better defensively in college.

Furthermore, he's a terrible FT shooter and Beasley is a better scorer.
+1. im glad someone had the balls to point this out. blake is not a good defender, he is however extremely talented on the offensive end
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #104
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Zach Randolph, Baron Davis, and Mike Dunleavy are not.

This. Griffin is screwed.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #105
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

True, but Beasley played against weaker opponents I thought with weaker competition?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: