Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #121
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Beasley is a better player than griffin and has more moves in the aresenal. Has a good midrange jumpshot that he hits consistently, griffin is just explosive and raw. No alot of options offensive, can dunk but thats about it. If I were the clips I would try to trade the number one pick to a team for a lot of picks so that they can have a bench next year as well.
Griffin shows range up to 15 feet out, hes not consistently hitting them but he shows the ability to do so.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #122
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Griffin would turn into the best player in the league within 4 years if drafted by any other team. Olowokandi would've been way better than KG or Duncan but....Clippers are cursed. You could replace them with the Olympic team and they'd go .500.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #123
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
Griffin would turn into the best player in the league within 4 years if drafted by any other team. Olowokandi would've been way better than KG or Duncan but....Clippers are cursed. You could replace them with the Olympic team and they'd go .500.

Pretty much. I mean, even before Griffin, this is a team that looks pretty good on paper

Baron
Eric Gordon
Thorton
Zach Randolph
Kaman/Camby

with Deandre Jordan and Steve Novak coming off the bench. That's a team that should be good for at least 45 wins, but because of the Clipper Curse or whatever, they win 19 games. I don't get it. Their young guys are good, but they seem to have a knack for acquiring flawed players who can excel in the right system, but then not playing the kind of system they'd excel in.

Last edited by GiveItToBurrito : 05-20-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #124
craiye
Local High School Star

craiye has decent reputation

Does anyone really think Griffin can succeed with Dunleavy coaching? Honest question, I'm not entirely convinced he can.

Will they get a new coach? It seems like Sterling has been more concerned about $$ than putting the team in a position to win, and I'm not sure that will change after he shelled out money for last year's team. Plus the economy can't be helping.

So really, I'm concerned that Dunleavy is going to be coaching Griffin until his contract runs out and will keep with his philosophy of just exploiting mis-matches and slow tempo. I'm not sure either will really help Griffin at this young age. He needs to run.

I could be wrong though, just wondering what everyone else thinks...
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #125
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg

You might be right the Clippers are cursed but even you aren't that dumb. better than Duncan.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #126
BRINKER

The Clippers aren't going to get a new coach this year because of how much contract Dunleavy has left, so either one of two things can happen:

Either the Clippers have a good season this year and contend/qualify for a playoff spot, and Dunleavy keeps his job (which would be acceptable if they actually have success)....

Or, the Clippers have another disastrous season, and Sterling has absolutely no choice but to can Dunleavy and hire new blood.

So really this is the season where something has to give. Either we have success or we get a new coach. Frankly we are at a point where that itself is a win-win scenario.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #127
UCLA - Lakers
The real Jeff

UCLA - Lakers is considered somewhat coolUCLA - Lakers is considered somewhat cool

David Stern: We have a trade. The Los Angeles Clippers trade the number one overall pick to the San Antonio Spurs for Matt Bonner.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the Clippers to **** this up.
UCLA - Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #128
Rose-2-Wolfe
Stop being so stupISH.

Rose-2-Wolfe has an OK reputation so far

I have not read all the posts in this thread but count me in for the "this sucks" category. The playoffs have been mostly boring since the Celtics/Bulls series and although this is a weak draft, I was looking forward to the lottery and seeing what team would get Griffin.

I am sorry but I don't like the Clippers at all. I don't understand why anyone else would like them either. They are one of the most painful teams to watch despite all that damn talent doing nothing each season.

The owner of the team does not care about winning, so why should I care about his team? The Clippers are so fortunate to be in L.A. and piggy-backing the Lakers; they are able to survive like cockroaches after a nuclear war.

There are so many other more deserving teams that could have used the shot in the arm that Griffin would have provided...it's just sad. Some of those teams are nearly dying because of the financial aspects of running a team that is not located in a major-market. Griffin could have done so much for the Kings, Pacers, Grizzlies, Thunder, etc.

I was really looking forward to watching this kid play next season, but now? Who cares. And what the hell are they going to do with Thug Randolph now? Will Blake come off the bench? F#%k the clippers.
Rose-2-Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #129
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Blake Griffin is ****ed, unless they make a trade.

Zach Bo, Kaman, Camby downlow all need 30 minutes each, that leaves nothing for Griffin, one of those is a must trade.

BD
EG
Thornton
Griffin
Camby

Kaman off bench

trade Zbo for whatever
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #130
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by laview
Not calling myself an expert, but after spending some time in Spain and a little bit of online research you will see that Spain in not Italy or France. Spainish cuisine is not internationally famous. It is kind of like England where you will find two or three signature dishes that represent their culture, but overall the food doesn't stand out that much. That being said, very few places are famous for their food like France or Italy or Chinese cuisine. That being said, Spain is an amazing place that I can't wait to go back to visit again.

Lol, you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #131
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Lol, you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

He actually is right.

Fail
Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #132
sodap
Serious playground baller

sodap has an OK reputation so far

I'm spanish and he's VERY wrong
sodap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #133
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Eh? Beasley looks like Jamison. Can put up numbers but looks like a guy that won't make teammates better and can't put in work on the other end.

I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #134
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.

He reminds me of an athletic Z Bo.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #135
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

FULL CLIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
He reminds me of an athletic Z Bo.

Good comparison, but he doesn't rebound aswell as Z.
FULL CLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: