Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder just won the 2009 Draft Lottery -- Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
What a f*cking idiot this guy is.

Just an amazingly consistent level of of idiotcy he displays on a daily basis. I mean, he does it so easily.

I'm astonished.
Says the LeBron troll, who even himself admits hes a troll.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #17
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder just won the 2009 Draft Lottery -- Congrats!!!

Quote:
I dont know if you live under a tree but Russell Westbrook naturally fits better at SG because he isn't a PG and doesn't have good PG skills.

Westbrook would actually excel as a SG similar to how Randy Foye began to excel when he was finally moved from PG to SG.

Thunder trade up to #1 to draft Blake Griffin, their fans want it and they have the picks to do it.

Seriously, I understand that but do they want to put a 6'3 at best Westbrook without a jumper at the two? I live in a land where two guards need to shoot to survive in the NBA.

Trading up is ludicrous, much more off the wall than anything I said.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
bomber
Good college starter

Clearly you are the stereotypical Memphis/Tennessee type.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Seriously, I understand that but do they want to put a 6'3 at best Westbrook without a jumper at the two? I live in a land where two guards need to shoot to survive in the NBA.

Trading up is ludicrous, much more off the wall than anything I said.
Westbrook is a natural slasher, he is explosive and finishes well at the basket.

Although he is undersized at the 2 and doesn't have an outside shot, he just doesn't have any PG skills or show any potential to develop PG skills, at this point hes nothing more than an undersized SG playing PG.

You can't give up on him because he does provide production when on the court, it just makes sense to have him at the 2 primarily so he doesn't have the ball in his hands so much or be forced to run an offense.

Ill be the first to admit that I dont watch every Thunder game, but the games I caught of the Thunder this past season he began to have a bigger impact when Earl Watson came into the lineup at PG and he moved over to SG.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Clearly you are the stereotypical Memphis/Tennessee type.
Funny because I've been to Memphis once in my life.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #21
bomber
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Funny because I've been to Memphis once in my life.

Type. I don't know where your from. How many undersized two slashers
are their in the NBA with jumpers as bad as Westbrook? I can't think of any.

Point Guards with a similar skill set:
Rondo
Parker (younger Tony Parker that is)
Monta Ellis
Derick Rose

Maybe he doesn't have an NBA point guard's skillset yet, but much like rookie quarterbacks, it usually takes a few years. Rondo only showed flashes in his rookie year and compares favorably to Russell.

Essentially, players with the size/skill set we both seem to agree upon tend to wind up as point guards instead of twos.

I think it could workout with Rubio running the show but not for the long term.

Explain how they could move up realistically? I could see moving for Camby and #1 for #2 and some package of future picks and some young players but whats really in it for LAC?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #22
bomber
Good college starter

I mean, they have serious cash committed to Baron as their point guard. No need for Rubio. Probably the most talented, albeit lazy/injury prone/unpredictable trio of bigs. No need for Hasheem.

Why move down?

Just take Blake and move a big.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: