Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Moore was just dying to be here

Quote:
It was last Jan. 28 at KeyArena in Seattle that a lanky, morose 7-footer sidled over to Lawrence Frank during warm-ups and made a request.
"You gotta get me out of here," Mikki Moore pleaded. "Please, coach."

+

Quote:
"Do you know how long I've been trying to play with Jason Kidd?" Moore said. "I've got to get in the best shape of my career, because I've got to have an impact like Kenyon Martin did. They haven't had an athletic big since he left. That's my focus: If you can get downcourt, you're going to work out. I'm going to get to use my quickness and my jumping ability here."

I like the attitude.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

so do I.

if Moore really wants to be like KMart (minus the showboating) and if he produces results, I see no reason why the Nets can't run two different units. a half court unit, and a fast break unit.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

At least he aspires to be someone that we know helped us.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ya, i like his attitude also. i also like the way frank is really directly challenging people such as he and wright to step up where they're needed.

unfortunately when you don't have the talent to be a starter this kind of has to be your attitude or you simply won't get on the roster. guys like jacques vaughn and robert pack and john thomas seemed to have terrific attitudes and yet it apparantly wasn't enough to stick around. for every chauncy billups there are hundreds of guys who drift from team to team, looking for that golden opportunity to show what they can do and hoping they don't flub the opportunity. even the mediocre starters on mediocre teams apparantly can do something special enough to beat out the 'unwashed masses'.

nevertheless i'm not really cynical about mikki and i truly hope he can give the nets what they (we) need. he certainly brings some dimensions to the table that the other big men are not so strong in...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Mikki is long, athletic, and has good lateral movement, but he doesn't have a lot of basketball IQ. He picks up ticky tack fouls, and doesn't move well off ball. His fundamentals are lacking as well. However, the athleticism is there. So we'll have to see. Kenyon wasn't just athletic, he was surprisingly good at anticipating where to be and how to act in situations.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

KMart was also a tenacious defender who BLOCKED SHOTS
Old 10-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #7
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

K-Mart was also a beast on offensive boards. Thats something he was really smart at knowing where the ball was going to come off so he could grab it and throw it back in the hoop.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

the one thing KMart worked so hard on getting was a baby hook move which he made a fair amount during the 03-04 season.

however, watching him in Denver, how he has atrophied, and how is relying mainly on high post jumpers in the halfcourt scheme really make me wonder...

so Martin's contract expires when he is 31.

i wonder if NJ will look to take him back for a reasonable price?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

When he's 31, I wonder if he can run.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Thats amazing.

That's like many players who wanted to play for Chicago when Jordan played.

Mikki is a good player who just needed to bulk up. I honestly believe he can be a starter if played his cards right.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
K-Mart was also a beast on offensive boards

Kenyon' average ORB per game was 1.93 while he was in Jersey. To put that in perspective, Nenad Krstic averaged 2.2 offensive rebounds per game for his career. Tmac for his career is a 1.8 ORB per game player.

Martin has had some sick put-backs, but he is not a beast on the offensive boards. He is average at best for a big man.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #12
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
When he's 31, I wonder if he can run.
If Denver keeps sitting him. Those legs will be fresh.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: