Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default With the 12th pick in the NBA draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: With the 12th pick in the NBA draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select

Gerald Henderson SG Duke. Rufuspaul vomits.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Gerald Henderson SG Duke. Rufuspaul vomits.

I actually like Gerald Henderson a lot. I will just have to overlook the fact that he went to Dook.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

What happens if the team doesn't give a response over the phone in time during the draft day? Will they lose the pick?
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/734512.html

Quote:

Bobcats willing to deal, pick 12th

GM Higgins cites backups at shooting guard, forward as Charlotte's top needs.

By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Wednesday, May. 20, 2009

The Charlotte Bobcats front office has open ears and open minds.
Want to offer them salary-cap relief for the No.12 pick? They'll listen. Want one of their second-round picks? They'll listen.
After the NBA's annual draft lottery slotted the Bobcats 12th in the first round, General Manager Rod Higgins said he'd consider any option.
“If we have the opportunity to do certain things – moving a player or moving a pick – those are things we'd” consider, Higgins said Tuesday night. “I don't think we're afraid of any scenario.”
Under the weighted lottery system, the Bobcats had a 94-percent chance of ending up with the 12th pick. So they were neither helped, nor harmed, by the lottery process.
The Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder claimed the first, second and third picks. Those three picks figure to be some combination of Oklahoma forward Blake Griffin, Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio and Connecticut center Hasheem Thabeet.
Higgins said he anticipates auditioning as many as 12 players in anticipation of selecting 12th in the June25 draft.
The Bobcats also have two second-round picks, 40th and 54th overall, owing to past trades. The Bobcats' own second-round pick – 42nd overall – goes to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Higgins said the Bobcats' primary needs are a backup shooting guard and a reserve forward. He mentioned shooting guard Raja Bell's late-season injury as reason to look for depth at the spot. Higgins said the roster is already strong at center and point guard.
Asked to describe this draft's strength, particularly in the vicinity the Bobcats are choosing, Higgins said perimeter players.
Though Higgins didn't mention specific names, three players from North Carolina schools could fit in the mix at No.12: Duke's Gerald Henderson and North Carolina's Wayne Ellington both figure to be NBA shooting guards, while Wake Forest's James Johnson could play either forward spot at the NBA level.
The question becomes what alternatives emerge between now and draft night.
The Bobcats could benefit from salary-cap relief, particularly if another team was willing to absorb the final two seasons of center Nazr Mohammed's contract.
So the 12th, 40th and 54th picks could all be in play between now and when they're actually exercised in New York in late June.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

sean may....oh wait..........oh wait.....morrison.....oh wait.......??????????
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #7
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

I have a bad feeling that it will be either Henderson or Ellington. Personally, I like both as players but I'm not convinced either will be all that good in the pros. I am praying for Earl Clark b/c of his upside and just insane athleticism or Eric Maynor. I am 99% sure we re-sign Felton so Maynor probably doesn't happen; but I think he will be the steal of this draft if he goes anywhere past 6 or 7.

WARNING, WARNING, THB is starting to dream:
I say we trade Augustin (I don't think I will ever like him), Nazr, the 12th, and a 2nd rounder to Minnesota for 6th, 18th, and Corey Brewer. Then, we trade down b/c the Knicks are always desperate. We take David Lee and the 8th for the 6th and our other 2nd rounder.

Out:
Augustin
Nazr

In:
Brewer
Lee
8th - Maynor
18th - Austin Daye, Sam Young, BJ Mullens, or Gani Lawal (in that order)

Obviously I am dreaming but is it THAT crazy?

PG: Felton, Maynor
SG: Bell, Brewer
SF: Wallace, Brewer, 18th
PF: Diaw, Lee, 18th
C: Okafor, Diop
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #8
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Ok, ok... A little far fetched the next morning but I don't think we should sit tight on draft day. I think we should move down to pick up a piece and still keep a draft pick that can net us a decent player. The thing about this draft is, there isn't anything "spectacular" after Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet, Harden, and Hill. And DeRozan, Jennings, and Curry will all go top 10. After that, I honestly believe any of these players are on the same talent/potential level and would be available anywhere from 10-20: Blair, Clark, Daye, Evans, Flynn, Henderson, Holiday, Johnson, Lawson, Maynor (he's at the top of my list in this group), Mullens, Teague

As of right now we don't need a PG, so that could cut 4 players off that list but you never know... Let's be the Patriots of the NBA draft and move picks as much as possible until we find a player we absolutely love.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I have a bad feeling that it will be either Henderson or Ellington. Personally, I like both as players but I'm not convinced either will be all that good in the pros. I am praying for Earl Clark b/c of his upside and just insane athleticism or Eric Maynor.

I was kind of hoping for Clark too, but I'm now thinking us having Ajinca will keep management from really considering him. Or would you consider Ajinca a 4/5 vs a 3/4?

Quote:
I am 99% sure we re-sign Felton so Maynor probably doesn't happen; but I think he will be the steal of this draft if he goes anywhere past 6 or 7.

Pretty much agree on Felton. Higgins said our "one is solid" when talking about draft prospects; I can't imagine him saying that if we planned on letting Felton go.

Quote:
WARNING, WARNING, THB is starting to dream:
I say we trade Augustin (I don't think I will ever like him), Nazr, the 12th, and a 2nd rounder to Minnesota for 6th, 18th, and Corey Brewer. Then, we trade down b/c the Knicks are always desperate. We take David Lee and the 8th for the 6th and our other 2nd rounder.

Out:
Augustin
Nazr

In:
Brewer
Lee
8th - Maynor
18th - Austin Daye, Sam Young, BJ Mullens, or Gani Lawal (in that order)

Obviously I am dreaming but is it THAT crazy?

PG: Felton, Maynor
SG: Bell, Brewer
SF: Wallace, Brewer, 18th
PF: Diaw, Lee, 18th
C: Okafor, Diop

I'm concerned that Lee wouldn't agree to be traded to us (he has to approve the trade)...he stated that he would NOT re-up if he were traded to Memphis last year.

What do you think of this idea (came from a SAC fan...small tweak by me):

Sacramento out: 4th/Nocioni/Thompson/Udrih
Charlotte out: Crash/DJ/Nazr

Felton/Udrih/Jefferson
Bell/Harden (4th)
Nocioni/Clark (12th)/Vlad
Diaw/Thompson/Ajinca
Mek/Diop

Probably add another wing with our last 42nd.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I think if we're going to make a draft day buster, Wallace cannot be involved if we want to improve. I like THB's plan ALOT, too bad its unrealistic.

Here's my idea:

Charlotte out:
Raymond Felton
Cartier Martin or Dontell Jefferson
12th
One of the 2nd rounders

OKC Out:
3rd pick (Hasheem Thabeet)
Chucky Atkins or Earl Watson

There's my stab. I'd be excited for that.

Augustin/Atkins
Bell/2nd round pick
Wallace/Radman
Diaw/Diop
Okafor/Thabeet
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Augustin/Atkins
Bell/2nd round pick
Wallace/Radman
Diaw/Diop
Okafor/Thabeet

You really want Sagana at the 4?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #12
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Felton can't be involved period as he's a restricted free agent. Besides, I doubt seriously if he along with the 12th could bring in the 3rd pick.

We'd also downgrade the 2 in that scenario; at least Felton can cover the SG spot somewhat. In that trade our only alternative to Raja would be a 2nd round pick.

There's also no way Gana plays the 4. With a lineup of Mek/Gana/Crash/2nd rounder/DJ no one would pass the ball!
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

If we drafted Thabeet, Diop would have to play there in order for Diaw and Okafor to start. We'd have to get rid of Diop if we drafted Thabeet because we'd be loaded at center.

Sean May does not count until he proves he can actually play in a game.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We need a picker for the Bobcats in the ISH mock draft, the original guy's banned now.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=132341
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
We need a picker for the Bobcats in the ISH mock draft, the original guy's banned now.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=132341
I'm down.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: