Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: With the 12th pick in the NBA draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I'm down.

I like Clark, sorta surprised on passing on Gerald Henderson though. Seems like a good fit under Larry Brown. Great defensive pressure, sort of Raja Bell Jr, but he leaves a lot to be desired on offense. Pretty much non-existent working off the ball and through screens. Great fit on D, poor on O.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I like Clark, sorta surprised on passing on Gerald Henderson though. Seems like a good fit under Larry Brown. Great defensive pressure, sort of Raja Bell Jr, but he leaves a lot to be desired on offense. Pretty much non-existent working off the ball and through screens. Great fit on D, poor on O.
Henderson can drive right and that's about it offensively. Clark has proven talent but still has a lot of upside. He could be a started on most teams in a few years where as Henderson starts on maybe 5 teams in a few years...
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
Henderson can drive right and that's about it offensively. Clark has proven talent but still has a lot of upside. He could be a started on most teams in a few years where as Henderson starts on maybe 5 teams in a few years...

You're certainly correct there. I didn't mean to give the impression that I think Henderson's a better talent than Clark, I don't. I do think Henderson has more upside than being a starter on 5 or so teams in a few years, it just all depends on what Charlotte does with Felton. Henderson intrigues me because of his defensive abilities, I think he could guard maybe the majority of 1s in the league. Maybe I've just fallen in love with good defensive guards.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #19
CLB1973
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CLB1973 has an OK reputation so far

12th pick - BJ Mullens - Center
#40 - Dionte Christmas - SG
#54 - Tyrese Rice - PG
CLB1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

TYLER HANSBROUGH GO MJ!!!

kidding aside... tyreke evans if he is still available...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #21
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I really love Chad Ford's new mock; we get DeMar DeRozan! And Earl Clark is still available just in case!
Old 05-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #22
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far

12th Pick I See The Bobcats Choosing Demar DeRozan Or Earl Clark
And 40th Pick Probably Derrick Brown Or Damion James (Depending If He Stays In The Draft)
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

This looks to be a pretty deep draft in terms of solid bigs. I think we need to address our SG issue with the 12th
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I kind of like the idea of Clark at 12th and Green with our 2nd (trade 2 2nds for 1 if that isn't high enough). Green's measurements came in strong and I think he'd be a good defensive backup to Raja.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #25
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I been looking at mock drafts and it has the Bobcats taking either Earl Clark who can play both forward positions, Terrence Williams who is a 6'6 swingman who can play the 1,2, and 3 (Point Forward), or Gerald Henderson from Duke.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #26
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Bonnell says he is hearing we may try to move up to take Curry. It wouldn't surprise me at all after hearing LB talk about him after the workout but I don't think it's the best move. We'd have the smallest frontcourt in the league with Augustin, Felton, Curry, and Bell (the only one who isn't undersized) and considering we have to deal with D-Wade and the size of Atlanta and Orlando, I don't think it's the best idea.

Then again, if we could somehow ditch Nazr or another bad contract in the process...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/770887.html
Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #27
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

If we took Curry wouldn't you have to think DJ would be going out? Their skill sets (as well as their weaknesses) are just too similar.

SAC fans like the idea of a trade based around DJ for the 4th pick with fillers. Maybe we'd go that route.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
If we took Curry wouldn't you have to think DJ would be going out? Their skill sets (as well as their weaknesses) are just too similar.

SAC fans like the idea of a trade based around DJ for the 4th pick with fillers. Maybe we'd go that route.
The question there is DJ + what. Do we keep the 12th? We lack so much depth that adding players not named Nazr doesn't seem like a great idea. DJ + 12 might be too much to give up for the 4th. Even then, do we really take Curry @ 4 over Harden, Hill, or Thabeet?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #29
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The stipulation everyone is talking about Curry is that he needs a ball handling guard to play with him so that he can move better and get his own shots....

We have Felton, Augustin and Bell who all do that very well. Pairing Augustin and Curry is perfect because Augustin can handle the ball while Curry moves around. On the flip side, pairing Felton and Curry works well too because, in that situation, Curry can be our PG and find people instead of Felton coming down the court and chucking the ball.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #30
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
The stipulation everyone is talking about Curry is that he needs a ball handling guard to play with him so that he can move better and get his own shots....

We have Felton, Augustin and Bell who all do that very well. Pairing Augustin and Curry is perfect because Augustin can handle the ball while Curry moves around. On the flip side, pairing Felton and Curry works well too because, in that situation, Curry can be our PG and find people instead of Felton coming down the court and chucking the ball.
So you're saying we need 3 lottery PGs? Or do we drop one of the others?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: