Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #46
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: With the 12th pick in the NBA draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Hansbrough, unless he becomes physically disabled, will never be like May. Hansbrough has the potential to be as good as Anderson Varejao - a strong energy guy, strong rebounder, good free throw shooter, and a decent mid-range game.

Ur right about hansbrough i just put it wrong. I meant that he will either be really good for us if we draft him or a big bust.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #47
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

Dejuan Blair worked out with cats on friday it seems like that LB really likes him he might be a pretty good bench player for us if we get him.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #48
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown values quick learners, grownups and defenders.

Louisville swingman Terrence Williams appears to be all of the above. He worked out with four others Monday, and looks like a viable candidate for the 12 {+t}{+h} pick.

The measurables are obvious: His height was 6-5 1/4 without shoes at the NBA combine and he has an impressive 6-10 3/4 wing span. He's strong through the upper body, so he can take the pounding.

And much like Bobcats shooting guard Raja Bell, he takes defense personally.

“I love playing defense (because) it's man-vs.-man, competing,” Williams said. “Your skills versus another man's skills, your footwork and determination versus his.

“He drums that it into your head from Day One. That doesn't leave you.”

The “he” Williams referred to was Louisville coach Rick Pitino. Brown values the priority Pitino places on defense and he sees that in the way Williams plays.

“He's athletic enough, quick enough and comes from a program that preaches that. He has the ability, I think, to be a great defender,” Brown said of Williams.

“He's going to go early in the draft. He plays hard, he passes the ball, he defends and he'll rebound.”

Plus, Williams comes off as smart and savvy, and it's hard to excel for Brown without that. Williams picked up on how different Brown's pre-draft workouts are from other coaches'. Brown emphasized the cerebral; he simulates a practice and measures how quickly players learn from their mistakes.

“He could sit back and say, ‘Hey, you do this drill.'” Williams said. “But he wants your footwork right, he wants the ball high, put it this way off the glass. You get a lot of coaching.

“He's such a hands-on coach. Everybody is engaged. It's like a practice plan; not just, ‘Now we'll do some shooting,' ‘Now we'll do backdoor cuts.'”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/782273.html

I loved terrence williams in college, personally. Great playmaker, athletic, good defender -- i always thought of him as a poor man's dwyane wade. At 6'5'' and with how athletic he is, I would think he could play the SG and SF positions.

I didn't really think of him before, more set on henderson, but now I kinda hope we get williams.

Thoughts?
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #49
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/782273.html

I loved terrence williams in college, personally. Great playmaker, athletic, good defender -- i always thought of him as a poor man's dwyane wade. At 6'5'' and with how athletic he is, I would think he could play the SG and SF positions.

I didn't really think of him before, more set on henderson, but now I kinda hope we get williams.

Thoughts?

FYI, he has a twitter page. He said on there that he went to dinner with Larry Brown the night before and then after the workout after he gets in Jersey:

Quote:
Ps
I think I know who I'm gonna play for also
Yessir

http://m.twitter.com/TheRealTWill

He has my vote fwiw.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #50
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
FYI, he has a twitter page. He said on there that he went to dinner with Larry Brown the night before and then after the workout after he gets in Jersey:

http://m.twitter.com/TheRealTWill

He has my vote fwiw.
Just read that and it looked like New Jersey but that really wouldn't make sense. Maybe it is us. I like him more than Henderson.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #51
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Actually here is what Chad Ford had to say...

"Analysis: I'm not sure if the Wolves will keep this pick -- it appears that a number of teams that want Williams would be willing to trade for it, including the Nets, Knicks, Warriors and Thunder."
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: