Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default brian grant diagnosed w/ parkinson's disease

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/05/19/g....ap/index.html

not sure if this has been posted but i really used to like him when he was on the blazers years ago.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: brian grant diagnosed w/ parkinson's disease

Actually this has been posted 3 times previously after it was first posted.

Still sad news.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

loved the way he played bal...... had he not gotten that one huge contract he would have been seen as much more of a basketball player... would take a brian grant on my team any day of the week
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

how's he doing these days?
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

That's very sad. He was a very underappreciated player. Very blue collar type of guy. Hustled a lot and did the little things.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
HighFlyer23
National High School Star

HighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat cool

very sad news
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
very sad news

You realize this happened in 2009?
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
how's he doing these days?

I go to school with his son, but he's just back in Oregon and doing charity for Parkinson's. I believe his charity is called "Shake it till we make it" or something like that...
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I think he was on that old heat team with Caron Butler and Lamar Odom... I think I have his old bobble head...
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I think he was on that old heat team with Caron Butler and Lamar Odom... I think I have his old bobble head...

Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #11
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
I go to school with his son, but he's just back in Oregon and doing charity for Parkinson's. I believe his charity is called "Shake it till we make it" or something like that...

all the best to him.
tell his son that he's still got many fans. the rasta warrior will not be forgotten!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 AM   #12
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He was in attendance at some NBA game I watched a while ago and the commentators talked about his charity work.
You can never tell what a person is like when you see him on tv and stuff, but Grant always struck me as a good guy. The way he has handled his disease (with the charity work and all) shows greatness though
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, I'm honestly not sure if I knew about this. If I did, I completely forgot. I certainly wish him the best.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the doctors and the scientist finally found a cure to Parkinson's disease.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
You can never tell what a person is like when you see him on tv and stuff, but Grant always struck me as a good guy. The way he has handled his disease (with the charity work and all) shows greatness though

surely one of the most likable guys in the nba. his game matched his demeanor. hard work, no bullshit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: