Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official Houston Rockets Offseason Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerAvery
Two guys I think that can come over to Houston
1. Rasheed Wallace - If he wants to compete again, and agrees to an MLE.
2. Nenad Krstic - He can get this guy for around 2-4 Million

I really wanted Okafor to be in the Rockets, or even Rashard Lewis when we got the chance to draft him.

Also, where will McGrady fit back in the Houston lineup?
idk 'bout that...cuz I don't feel good about Wallace and Ron together, that just can't work out IMO, also I don't think he can fit in our/Adelman's offense, so yea...and Krstic, what would he do for us? like he's a C right? Is he good? And well...we had the chance to get Lewis last summer but stupid Magic got him!!! I was sooooooooo pissed off when they got him!!! ughhhh! We had 2 chances to get him, the first time when we could've drafted him and then the second time last summer! ughhhhh!!!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #17
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Two guys I think that can come over to Houston
1. Rasheed Wallace - If he wants to compete again, and agrees to an MLE.
2. Nenad Krstic - He can get this guy for around 2-4 Million

I really wanted Okafor to be in the Rockets, or even Rashard Lewis when we got the chance to draft him.

Also, where will McGrady fit back in the Houston lineup?

Nah Rasheed and Artest would be fighting with each other everyday, but I would like to see Krstic come to Houston. He's more of an offensive big man but the guy can score. I would also like to see Okafor come to Houston because he has pretty good D and can make good offensive plays and grab rebounds. I think I would rather have Okafor.

I think once T-Mac comes back healthy, he will be back in the starting line up. Something I've always said is, is that the team was too dependent on him. We have great players on this team and if they move the ball well like they did this season, but you add T-Mac this time, I think we could be one of the best.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:52 AM   #18
KillerAvery
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillerAvery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Nah Rasheed and Artest would be fighting with each other everyday, but I would like to see Krstic come to Houston. He's more of an offensive big man but the guy can score. I would also like to see Okafor come to Houston because he has pretty good D and can make good offensive plays and grab rebounds. I think I would rather have Okafor.

I think once T-Mac comes back healthy, he will be back in the starting line up. Something I've always said is, is that the team was too dependent on him. We have great players on this team and if they move the ball well like they did this season, but you add T-Mac this time, I think we could be one of the best.

Okafor won't be coming to Houston, he has a very long and huge contract with the Bobcats. Sad thing is that we won't be apart of the 2010 Free Agency.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #19
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Okafor won't be coming to Houston, he has a very long and huge contract with the Bobcats. Sad thing is that we won't be apart of the 2010 Free Agency.
why? what'd u mean we won't be a part of the 2010 free agency??? why?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #20
KillerAvery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
why? what'd u mean we won't be a part of the 2010 free agency??? why?

Even when McGrady's huge contract coming off the books, we still won't have any money to sign a huge free agent. We might not be able to keep Wafer next year if he asks more than around $1.5 Million.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #21
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Don't we still have other contracts on our team for players who aren't here?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
KillerAvery

Quote:
Don't we still have other contracts on our team for players who aren't here?

Explain further please? I do not quite get what you are saying.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Let's see, get healthy ()

Get a back up big man, Krstic is a good idea, he would be nice off the bench.

Get some depth on the wings, depending on the Wafer situations. Sine our PGs are so small, I think we should get some size on the 2 guards. McGrady can also help with the PG duties.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Even when McGrady's huge contract coming off the books, we still won't have any money to sign a huge free agent. We might not be able to keep Wafer next year if he asks more than around $1.5 Million.
Well we're not gonna keep Wafer, I already know he's gone, but I'm pretty sure we will have enough money to get like a star, not a superstar, but a star, like a Chris Bosh, Boozer, etc...those type of players, I'm not thinking of the 'Brons, the Kobes, Wades, etc...but I'm talking about like big men who we need we can prolly get.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #25
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:

I think he means like trades, like u know when u trade somebody and their contract is still going on? I think that's what he means.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #26
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Let's see, get healthy ()

Get a back up big man, Krstic is a good idea, he would be nice off the bench.

Get some depth on the wings, depending on the Wafer situations. Sine our PGs are so small, I think we should get some size on the 2 guards. McGrady can also help with the PG duties.
I don't think that's ever gonna happen w/Yao, honestly, like he's too big, has he ever played a full season? And like when it comes to crunch time he's always injured, either him or T-Mac, so that's why we need to find a good backup for Yao now cuz Deke is gone, we need to start finding replacements.

And I think our backup for T-Mac now is James White, that's why we're not gonna re-sign Wafer, cuz we got White.

All I want is T-Mac to play a full season just 1 time and play the whole playoffs, if that happens, then we'll be in really good shape!

Oh and also don't forget we still have Ron Ron, depending on what happens to him this offseason, hopefully we re-sign him, I really really want him to stay here, I think he wants to stay here too, and so does Rick and Daryl, so I'm pretty sure we're gonna have him in the 09-10 season.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #27
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:

Ehh for an example, Daruis Miles was with The Memphis Grizzlies but he was still getting paid from the Blazers because they let him go before his contracted ended. I thought we had someone on our team the we let go of before their contract was out, like Luther Head, but I think they bought his contract out.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #28
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Ehh for an example, Daruis Miles was with The Memphis Grizzlies but he was still getting paid from the Blazers because they let him go before his contracted ended. I thought we had someone on our team the we let go of before their contract was out, like Luther Head, but I think they bought his contract out.
We might still have Bob Sura, and Jon Barry on the salary, but that's the only ones I can think of.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #29
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
We might still have Bob Sura, and Jon Barry on the salary, but that's the only ones I can think of.
lol didn't they retire like 3-5 years ago?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
Rockets(T-mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
lol didn't they retire like 3-5 years ago?
Yeah but I remember something about how we released them, and their contracts hadn't finished yet or something. They might of finished by now though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: