Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #31
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Official Houston Rockets Offseason Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
We might still have Bob Sura, and Jon Barry on the salary, but that's the only ones I can think of.

Yea I think we have a few others like Loren Woods because he got released, and Gerald Green got released too.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 AM   #32
KillerAvery
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillerAvery has an OK reputation so far

Alright guys, Bear with me since I am not a basketball prodigy of any sort. Just to let you all know I am a 14 year old kid, so during the time of Bob Sura around then I was very young and not able to comprehend about the NBA.

There was this article on Clutchfans I believe that showed the reason why we can't sign a huge big free agent.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #33
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ 14 years old? Heck, what does that matter, half the people here behave like immature 10 year olds anyway (I'm 16, was on ISH when I was 14 as well)

Anyway, I've heard on CCF that the Rockets have had a huge draft preparations, scouting loads of people. The best thing about not having a draft pick is that nobody has any idea where the Rockets might be able to sneak in to buy a pick. Usually, if a team has a pick, other teams can make a very educated guess about who they will pick and how it will affect them. By not having a pick, nobody knows what the Rockets are looking for.

Of course, at the end of the day, I'd much rather have a pick than none, and we don't have a lot of tradable goods to swap for a high pick.

Oh yeah, and rumour has is that the Rockets are gunning for a high tier PG since this draft is crap for centers. This makes me think they are going to try to move Brooks.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #34
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
^^ 14 years old? Heck, what does that matter, half the people here behave like immature 10 year olds anyway (I'm 16, was on ISH when I was 14 as well)

Anyway, I've heard on CCF that the Rockets have had a huge draft preparations, scouting loads of people. The best thing about not having a draft pick is that nobody has any idea where the Rockets might be able to sneak in to buy a pick. Usually, if a team has a pick, other teams can make a very educated guess about who they will pick and how it will affect them. By not having a pick, nobody knows what the Rockets are looking for.

Of course, at the end of the day, I'd much rather have a pick than none, and we don't have a lot of tradable goods to swap for a high pick.

Oh yeah, and rumour has is that the Rockets are gunning for a high tier PG since this draft is crap for centers. This makes me think they are going to try to move Brooks.

I hate that their trying to look for another PG. People say the Rockets are interested in Stephen Curry, but I would try to get Hasheem Thabeet. Supposedly the Memphis Grizzlies don't want their 1st round pick and this would be great if Houston can get it and try to to get this guy. He's about 7'3 and he can run the floor well. He wont be much on offense but Mutombo can get this kid right on D.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #35
Q.E.C
нυєy

BUMP

I was watching My Fox Houston and according to that, Von Wafer wont be returning to the team. I forgot how much Mark Berman said he turned down, but I think it was a 3 million dollar contract, and he also mentioned that he would be replaced. The replacement will probably be James White, and then he mentioned that the Rockets are interested in Gortat, the back up center for Orlando. I liked this guy, he can rebound, he's pretty good at D, and he's a good finisher around the basket. Hopefully we can get him.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #36
Q.E.C
нυєy

Von Wafer turned down 3.5 mil.

Here are some Gortat clips.

Gortat Highlights

^ the clips get better at the end

Gortat on Dalembert

^ Sick Dunk
Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #37
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Aite guys, BUMPING this thing up! We need to talk lol...

But anyways...I can't believe Ron did this to us man I was upset and sad throughout that whole day when I found out, can't believe it! He was soooooooooo good with us, he had a great chemistry with us, the fans liked him, everything, it was going really good, we even got out of the 1st round! Ughhh! Can't believe him! But hey, he's still one of my fav. players, people/my friends are hating me for saying that cuz everyone's saying they hate him now for doing that to us, like he's a traitor now and all that crap, but I still like him, I'm still his biggest fan and I won't stop. So what'd yall think on that???

But hey...we got Ariza though! I still wanted to keep Ron though, I'd take Ron over Ariza any day, but oh well, what happened happened, Ariza is younger and faster, so I guess it don't matter. What'd yall think on us getting Ariza?

Also I was upset and sad all day when I heard about Yao, can't believe that happened! I'm just praying and hoping everything turns out good for him and the Rockets!

So I think the first thing we need to do is find a C lol, thats the first thing we need to do, but the thing is...all the good ones that were available this year are gone! I really really really wish we could've gotten Gortat! I thought we did get him when Morey went to his house at midnight on the first day of free agency, and after what rockets fans did, I really thought we had him! Man! guess not! I guess we're gonna have to go with someone else then! Hope he's good, and I hope Morey does something good and not stupid.

I liked how we got 3 players in the draft w/o even having draft picks, I like Taylor alot, and I also like Buddinger, he's been doing good at the Summer League, hopefully he gets playing time in the season and does good.

But yea...so what'd yall say?
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #38
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Aite guys, BUMPING this thing up! We need to talk lol...

But anyways...I can't believe Ron did this to us man I was upset and sad throughout that whole day when I found out, can't believe it! He was soooooooooo good with us, he had a great chemistry with us, the fans liked him, everything, it was going really good, we even got out of the 1st round! Ughhh! Can't believe him! But hey, he's still one of my fav. players, people/my friends are hating me for saying that cuz everyone's saying they hate him now for doing that to us, like he's a traitor now and all that crap, but I still like him, I'm still his biggest fan and I won't stop. So what'd yall think on that???

But hey...we got Ariza though! I still wanted to keep Ron though, I'd take Ron over Ariza any day, but oh well, what happened happened, Ariza is younger and faster, so I guess it don't matter. What'd yall think on us getting Ariza?

Also I was upset and sad all day when I heard about Yao, can't believe that happened! I'm just praying and hoping everything turns out good for him and the Rockets!

So I think the first thing we need to do is find a C lol, thats the first thing we need to do, but the thing is...all the good ones that were available this year are gone! I really really really wish we could've gotten Gortat! I thought we did get him when Morey went to his house at midnight on the first day of free agency, and after what rockets fans did, I really thought we had him! Man! guess not! I guess we're gonna have to go with someone else then! Hope he's good, and I hope Morey does something good and not stupid.

I liked how we got 3 players in the draft w/o even having draft picks, I like Taylor alot, and I also like Buddinger, he's been doing good at the Summer League, hopefully he gets playing time in the season and does good.

But yea...so what'd yall say?

Umm the Rockets didn't want to resign Artest because he would automatically be the best on our team and they don't like him trying to take over so it wasn't his fault really. If they did resign him it was only going to be for one year, and Artest wanted more than a year. I like signing Ariza, but I agree with you I didn't want to give up Artest and for our big man, Dorsey is doing pretty good in Summer League but of course we need a true Center so it looks like were going to have to go get one. I'm hoping and praying we DON'T get Eddy Curry.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #39
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Umm the Rockets didn't want to resign Artest because he would automatically be the best on our team and they don't like him trying to take over so it wasn't his fault really. If they did resign him it was only going to be for one year, and Artest wanted more than a year. I like signing Ariza, but I agree with you I didn't want to give up Artest and for our big man, Dorsey is doing pretty good in Summer League but of course we need a true Center so it looks like were going to have to go get one. I'm hoping and praying we DON'T get Eddy Curry.
oh damn I didn't know that about Ron, besides that he wanted more than a year, I knew he wanted that. Oh yea def. we need a true Center, and YES I'M PRAYING TOO!!! PLEASE DON'T GET CURRY! I hope those rumors are false lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #40
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Well to be honest, we have started rebuilding preparations. We need to get a center for the season, and when the season is over, hopefully we can get a decent draft pick. And also we'd lose 23 mil from McGrady's contract expiring. Hopefully we can use that to sign someone young and talented. Then the year after that when Yao's deal comes offs the books, this assuming that he took the contract option the year before, we can sign another big free-agent or we could have just traded Yao during his expiring season.

I think Battier will be gone soon as well, and we will overall try to become younger. Scola is a tough situation, I love this guy's game, but he really doesn't fit into a rebuilding plan, so I think unfortunately that he will also be traded, probably to a contender since he is so good for so cheap.

It's time to start from scratch.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #41
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Well to be honest, we have started rebuilding preparations. We need to get a center for the season, and when the season is over, hopefully we can get a decent draft pick. And also we'd lose 23 mil from McGrady's contract expiring. Hopefully we can use that to sign someone young and talented. Then the year after that when Yao's deal comes offs the books, this assuming that he took the contract option the year before, we can sign another big free-agent or we could have just traded Yao during his expiring season.

I think Battier will be gone soon as well, and we will overall try to become younger. Scola is a tough situation, I love this guy's game, but he really doesn't fit into a rebuilding plan, so I think unfortunately that he will also be traded, probably to a contender since he is so good for so cheap.

It's time to start from scratch.

Ehh this is looking ruff! 1 of my bro's said trading Rudy Gay pushed the Rockets back from winning a title 5 years, but it looks like it's going to be longer than 5. (Not saying that we would of won one with him right away)
Old 07-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #42
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Ehh this is looking ruff! 1 of my bro's said trading Rudy Gay pushed the Rockets back from winning a title 5 years, but it looks like it's going to be longer than 5. (Not saying that we would of won one with him right away)
True, if we had Rudy, and all these injuries happened, we'd already have our replacement for McGrady. And maybe gotten further in the playoffs before this year, because we'd have already had a decent 3rd option. Of course we wouldn't be the defensive team we are now, and that helped us get as far as we've gotten, so it's way too hard to figure out how we would've done with Gay instead of Battier.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #43
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Well idk if yall heard this but we already tried this, we tried to trade T-Mac and Battier for Rudy Gay and the 2nd pick during the draft and guess what the Grizzlies said:

HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #44
KillerAvery
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillerAvery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Well idk if yall heard this but we already tried this, we tried to trade T-Mac and Battier for Rudy Gay and the 2nd pick during the draft and guess what the Grizzlies said:

HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol Karma is biting at us, oh well. We are in a very bad situation right now. I do hope that Yao opts out, and if healthy could come back for like 10 million. I think Leslie would think it is worth it since Yao attracts so many Asians out there.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #45
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

So we got this big man from the Aussies today and I hear he's pretty good, what'd yall say? Anyone heard of him or seen his highlights? I'm 'bout to watch his highlights on youtube and link them on here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: