Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #31
zabuza666
Local High School Star
 
zabuza666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
^Bingo. The key difference is that Griffin has legit power forward size. Beasley is a tweener and will need to develop a better J to play the 3.

Proof you don't watch Beasley at all. His smooth jumper is one of the best things he's got going for him, it's money!
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,407
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Proof you don't watch Beasley at all. His smooth jumper is one of the best things he's got going for him, it's money!
Yeah but if he's gonna be a full time 3 that's another level of skill required when teams will be guarding him outside more closely.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #33
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,318
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
^Bingo. The key difference is that Griffin has legit power forward size. Beasley is a tweener and will need to develop a better J to play the 3.

So...shooting 41% from three, 46% on jumpshots and 47% overall isn't good enough since that's what his averages for the season are?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #34
zabuza666
Local High School Star
 
zabuza666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Yeah but if he's gonna be a full time 3 that's another level of skill required when teams will be guarding him outside more closely.

He's the 2nd option on the team and when wade goes off he's the main option. He already gets a decent amount of attention, he usually just uses his first step to generate some room and hits a smooth jumper. Honestly don't comment if you don't watch him play.
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,393
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
So...shooting 41% from three, 46% on jumpshots and 47% overall isn't good enough since that's what his averages for the season are?

He will need to shoot 94% off midrange jumpshots if he wants to be effective at the 3.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #36
zabuza666
Local High School Star
 
zabuza666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
He will need to shoot 94% off midrange jumpshots if he wants to be effective at the 3.

zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #37
unbreakable
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: rucker park
Posts: 2,482
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

at the lack of respect for Blake Griffin in this thread...

Blake Griffin is the most polished post player to come out of college since Tim Duncan.. nevermind the fact that he has Lebron James athleticism..

Beasley is nice.. but I doubt he ever even reaches a Melo-type level. Griffin is gonna be chasing rings by his 3rd year.

Last edited by unbreakable : 05-21-2009 at 09:15 AM.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #38
unbreakable
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: rucker park
Posts: 2,482
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
All Griffin did in college was overpower college kids with his power and athletism. He wont get away with half the shyt he did in college. You're not gonna bully anyone for buckets.

I remember people saying the same thing about Lebron James when he dominated HS.. even Jordan said "Lets see what he does in the NBA"..

Howd that turn out, Gobbie?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #39
zabuza666
Local High School Star
 
zabuza666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
I remember people saying the same thing about Lebron James when he dominated HS.. even Jordan said "Lets see what he does in the NBA"..

Howd that turn out, Gobbie?

But then again Lebron plays at the 3, where he still had the massive size advantage against NBA 3s. Griffin probably won't have an advantage anywhere close to what Lebron has.
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #40
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,393
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

So people are saying next year Griffin will already be a better player then Beasley?

It's a fair comparison. Both the same age, and play the same position. We'll see who does better.

And I'm baffled at how these statements came about proclaiming Griffin a good defender. lol
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #41
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Yeah but if he's gonna be a full time 3 that's another level of skill required when teams will be guarding him outside more closely.
Everyone compared him to Carmelo Anthony as a 3 coming out of HS and at Kansas State.

I will hold true to my Al Harrington comparison for Beasley, the only difference is that Beasley earlier on in his career is more productive and has a bigger role than Harrington did.

As long as Beasley can continue to hit his midrange shot & shoot from 3 he will be successful in the NBA as a tweener SF/PF, if he develops a good pumpfake to attack the basket going to his left he would have a very good Go-To move.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #42
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,393
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
I remember people saying the same thing about Lebron James when he dominated HS.. even Jordan said "Lets see what he does in the NBA"..

Howd that turn out, Gobbie?

Beasley overpowered his opponents in college to. That was one of the factors many GM's considered whether if it would translate to the NBA game. Seeing as they're the same weight, you work it out.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #43
unbreakable
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: rucker park
Posts: 2,482
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Stop saying Beasley and Griffin play the same position.. Beasley is a 3..

Griffin is a legitimate PF.. mix Amare's beastiness with Duncan's skillset and you got Griffin.. the man, the myth, the LEGEND.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #44
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,393
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Everyone compared him to Carmelo Anthony as a 3 coming out of HS and at Kansas State.

I will hold true to my Al Harrington comparison for Beasley, the only difference is that Beasley earlier on in his career is more productive and has a bigger role than Harrington did.

As long as Beasley can continue to hit his midrange shot & shoot from 3 he will be successful in the NBA as a tweener SF/PF, if he develops a good pumpfake to attack the basket going to his left he would have a very good Go-To move.

Beasley is already a better scorer, more efficient scorer, rebounder, defender, athletic, mid range shooter then Harrington ever was.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #45
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,760
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
So people are saying next year Griffin will already be a better player then Beasley?

It's a fair comparison. Both the same age, and play the same position. We'll see who does better.

And I'm baffled at how these statements came about proclaiming Griffin a good defender. lol
Griffin really held back when defending, you could see that he was holding back. He would just stick his arms and not move or make any kind of play on the ball. But when you're the most powerful player in college ball and can just run through anything and everything that gets in your path, you're team is going to need you to stay on the court and play.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy