Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Derrick Rose vs Ricky Rubio

The best point guard prospects in the latest drafts.

1) Who do you think will have a better rookie season?
2) Who do you think will have a better career?
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation
Default Re: Derrick Rose vs Ricky Rubio

I think Rubio will have a better rookie campaign, but I think Rose will have a better career. He just has so much potential.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
The best point guard prospects in the latest drafts.

I believe Rose will have had a better rookie season offensively, but I could see Rubio having better court vision. I would imagine Rubio will stuggle defensively aswell. I expect Rubio to have an 11 point, 7 assist rookie season while having a FG% around 49%.

We'll see. There are too many things outside of actual basketball that could determine this question.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Jinxed has an OK reputation so far

Not really a fair comparison as Rose was over a year older than Rubio will be as a rookie. You should give Ricky two years.

It all depends on where Ricky goes and if he starts.
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Rose is a far better player, and his rookie season and career will surpass Rubio's by miles. I fully expect to see Rubio back in Europe in the next 5 years. He won't last in the League.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow.
ricky rubio is so overrated...
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
gxL
Decent playground baller

gxL has not been impressing people

it's kinda hard to top rose's season as he elevated a to a legendary rookie debut.
gxL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
GiveItToBurrito

I think that Rubio has a 50-50 shot at being the next Jason Kidd, otherwise he's the next Jayson Williams (I think I spelled the name of the white dude from the Kings and Heat right). I think Rose will have the better rookie year, especially if you take into account the playoffs, but Rubio will have a slightly better career. Could go either way, though, since Rubio's more of a pass-first guy while Rose seems like he's more likely to average 24 and 8 or something.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Rose. He set the bar pretty high. Another thing is that a stat frequently recurred to measure success is ppg, and Rubio isn't expected to be a prolific scorer, much less in his rookie season. And we still have to see if he is going to share minutes with Conley.

Rubio's main strengths as a prospect are his court vision and his defense. I think Rubio won't take long to play decent defense, but this is an area that Rose also looked great. I do think he will display better court vision than Rose as a rookie -not to say Rose's court vision is bad at all-.

Agree with undisputed, too many factors remain uncertain at this point. You often have to wait 3~4 years before giving the jury on a player. And people are often wrong even then. A kid who has yet to play an NBA game? Too early even for a quick guess.

I could say that if Rose stays on the track he is, without major problems, will have a great career, and that's just because his rookie season was really terrific.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
lilderrickrose
Banned

lilderrickrose has an OK reputation so far

This has to be the worst thread of the year. Derrick Rose has the potential to be better than Magic Johnson. We will leave it at that.
lilderrickrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way Ricky has a better rookie season than Rose's, but as for their careers, anything can happen.
Ricky will take time to develop, give him time.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:26 AM   #12
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilderrickrose
This has to be the worst thread of the year. Derrick Rose has the potential to be better than Magic Johnson. We will leave it at that.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 AM   #13
lilderrickrose
Banned

lilderrickrose has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

Why are you laughing. Derrick Rose will be better than Magic Johnson mark it down.
lilderrickrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #14
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Derrick Rose has weak passing skills. Magic Johnson he ain't. A better and more athletic version of Stephon Marbury is what I see. And maybe not a cancer like Steph either.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #15
asu77golf
Your momma so fat...

asu77golf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilderrickrose
Why are you laughing. Derrick Rose will be better than Magic Johnson mark it down.

You hear that everyone? MARK IT DOWN
asu77golf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: