Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Donatas Motiejunas

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/donatas-motiejunas

Quote:
NBA Comparison: Chris Bosh/Dirk Nowitzki

Strengths: Versatile lefty bigman with a high ceiling ... Has a lot of potential due to his size, agility and offensive development ... A finesse 4-man with excellent versatility, but shows the toughness to play inside with contact ... Shows a strong ability to run the floor and change directions, start and stop ... Has great legs (strong) and feet (quick) ... Has inside/outside ability with the ability to defend inside and play with his back to the basket, as well as knock down shots on the perimeter ... His outside shot has both range and consistency, and he has begun to develop some excellent moves including a jump hook, a turnaround fadeaway as well as fakes to draw opponents off their feet and excellent footwork ... Shows a competitive fire. He has a strong desire to win and improve, he just needs to show that at all times ... Gets off the floor quickly and has solid explosiveness ... A solid shot blocker ... Comfortable handling the ball when necessary to break the press and has solid vision and passing ability ... Has a very good body and appears that he will be able to add upperbody strength and become a solid rebounder and interior post player at the NBA level ...

Weaknesses: Is extremely talented and he knows it. At times he doesn't keep the pedal to the metal, exhibiting some lapses in focus and intensity (laziness) in practices ... Sometimes appears content to be better than others without dominating them the way he's capable ... That's the type of thing that he'll need to mature out of, learning to work hard at all times in order to reach the stature of a Gasol or Nowitzki ... Still needs to add polish on his moves on the perimeter but has excellent potential to do so ... Has thin arms and upperbody, although he has solid strength. He'll need to get stronger to contend with NBA bigs ... Solid length (6-11 wingspan) but nothing extraordinary ... Not as experienced or established as other European talents (such as Gasol or Nowitzki) were when they entered the NBA.

I dont know much about this kid, but they have him ranked as the #3 pick in 2010 over studs like Favors,Cousins,Monroe,and Paul George.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Not sure where I'd rank him, but guy looked like the real deal at the Nike Hoop Summit.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Not sure where I'd rank him, but guy looked like the real deal at the Nike Hoop Summit.
I think a lot of people are just weary of Dirk comparisons, including myself.

He looks like a Lottery Pick though.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I think a lot of people are just weary of Dirk comparisons, including myself.

He looks like a Lottery Pick though.

I didn't really get a Dirk (or especially Pau) vibe from him at all. Granted, it's the only game footage I've seen of him. Much more athletic than either (the kid can RUN), he looked like a lot more of a slasher. If a team took him thinking they were getting a clone of Pau they'd be mistaken.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

I couldn't figure out why he didn't enter this draft- he would have been the 2nd or 3 rd pick - next year he will be a top 3 pick also- moteinjunas, monroe, and aminu would have made this a lot better draft- those 3 and wall, avery bradley are my guesses for next years top 5
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I couldn't figure out why he didn't enter this draft- he would have been the 2nd or 3 rd pick - next year he will be a top 3 pick also- moteinjunas, monroe, and aminu would have made this a lot better draft- those 3 and wall, avery bradley are my guesses for next years top 5
If Donatas entered he this year he wouldn't be top 3.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
If Donatas entered he this year he wouldn't be top 3.

Well there's no way to know, but I really don't think there is any chance hed last past both memphis and okc's picks- besides for being a top 2 or 3 prospect both teams would seem to be interested in a pf

Who besides rubio(who I feel is very eqaul or behind as a prospect to moteijunas) would you select before him?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Well there's no way to know, but I really don't think there is any chance hed last past both memphis and okc's picks- besides for being a top 2 or 3 prospect both teams would seem to be interested in a pf

Who besides rubio(who I feel is very eqaul or behind as a prospect to moteijunas) would you select before him?
Im too tired to name them all.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Im too tired to name them all.

Name them all? you are underrating moteinjunas and/or overrating a lot of other prospects
Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Glo41 has an OK reputation so far

Haha his weakness in that article is that he is extremely talented and he knows it.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1017
nowhere near Dirk in terms of potential and talent..

Donut Motijuana here looks good running for a big man, Dirk moved like a natural SF
If his name is pronounced "Do'nut'eS" I will have a new favorite player.

Donuts would be his given name.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1017
interminator, you're a homosexual idiot....

You know damn well you ckouldn't name 2
You know damn well your a fake gang member, I already got your info cartman.