Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Memphis trade proposal

I have a trade scenario that I have been thinking about. I want to get some feedback from you guys on it.

The t'wolves trade picks 18 and 28.

The grizz trade Darko Millic and pick 35.

I think this works for both teams. The T'wolves need a real center to pair with al jefferson in the paint. Millic is a talented big man with good athleticism. The only reason I would be interested in trading him simply for a pick is because I believe the grizz are going to draft thabeet. I think millic is the odd man out here. The t'wolves have alot of good pieces already in place they need expierenced talented players to fill the few holes that they have left. I think miilic would really help minnesota. Not to mention you could draft jennings or derozan with pick six then dionte christmas with pick 35.

I think the grizz have no bench the extra picks would help them fill alot of holes that they currently have.Seeing how the owner dosent want to spend alot of money to win, draft picks are an easy waay to find new talent.

Your line up could be this after draft.

P.G- Jennings/Telfair
S.G.-Foye/Miller
S.F.-Gomes/Brewer or Christmas
P.F.- AL jefferson/ Love
C- Millic/ Craig Smith

Then other fillers.

Any thoughts?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Memphis trade proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I have a trade scenario that I have been thinking about. I want to get some feedback from you guys on it.

I think this works for both teams. The T'wolves need a real center to pair with al jefferson in the paint. Millic is a talented big man with good athleticism. The only reason I would be interested in trading him simply for a pick is because I believe the grizz are going to draft thabeet. I think millic is the odd man out here. The t'wolves have alot of good pieces already in place they need expierenced talented players to fill the few holes that they have left. I think miilic would really help minnesota. Not to mention you could draft jennings or derozan with pick six then dionte christmas with pick 35.

I think the grizz have no bench the extra picks would help them fill alot of holes that they currently have.Seeing how the owner dosent want to spend alot of money to win, draft picks are an easy waay to find new talent.

P.G- Jennings/Telfair
S.G.-Foye/Miller
P.F.- AL jefferson/ Love
C- Millic/ Craig Smith

Then other fillers.

Any thoughts?
your off your rocks if you think thats a fair trade. darko isnt worth much at all
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

You dont think that darko is worth the 18th pick in an admitedly weak draft? Really?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You dont think that darko is worth the 18th pick in an admitedly weak draft? Really?
pretty much.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Ok thats your opinion. I think most teams would take an athletic smart big man that is only 22(about 23), for a mid first round pick.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Quote:
Ok thats your opinion. I think most teams would take an athletic smart big man that is only 22(about 23), for a mid first round pick.
Eh don't want him at all. I'd rather take my chances in the draft. And why the hell would we trade Love after 1 season. It's just flat out not gonna happen, and that trade would never EVER happen.

Btw, Gomes>Warrick
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

P.G- Jennings/Telfair
S.G.-Foye/Miller
P.F.- AL jefferson/ Love
C- Millic/ Craig Smith

Then other fillers.

Any thoughts?
Why not? We need somebody to play the 5 spot, but if we can get something early in the draft then I don't take the deal. What I like about Milicic is that he blocks shots making guys think twice about running into the lane. His contract is kind of big, but we could handle it. If it turns out to be a bad deal; his contract expires after this coming season so we wouldn't have to worry about it. Then if he turns out to be a nice piece, will he stay?

I hope we can find something better in the draft or via trade. Chances are we will trade a player or some picks though. It's pretty much reality with the way tickets are selling and the interest in the team. We are on a low budget.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
Eh don't want him at all. I'd rather take my chances in the draft. And why the hell would we trade Love after 1 season. It's just flat out not gonna happen, and that trade would never EVER happen.

Btw, Gomes>Warrick

What are you talking about? Love and no other player on the t'wolves is mentioned in the trade scenario.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Why not? We need somebody to play the 5 spot, but if we can get something early in the draft then I don't take the deal. What I like about Milicic is that he blocks shots making guys think twice about running into the lane. His contract is kind of big, but we could handle it. If it turns out to be a bad deal; his contract expires after this coming season so we wouldn't have to worry about it. Then if he turns out to be a nice piece, will he stay?

I hope we can find something better in the draft or via trade. Chances are we will trade a player or some picks though. It's pretty much reality with the way tickets are selling and the interest in the team. We are on a low budget.

Darko Millic's contract isnt that big. He only has one year left on it. So he would be a expiring contract for your team as well which at this point in the N.B.A. are great barganing chips. I think he earns a little over 7 million.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
Big Al All day

Quote:
What are you talking about? Love and no other player on the t'wolves is mentioned in the trade scenario.
Oh whoops my bad, I coulda swore that the this was the thread that had something about K-Love to Memphis so we get their draft pick to draft Thabeet.
Musta been someone else's.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
Oh whoops my bad, I coulda swore that the this was the thread that had something about K-Love to Memphis so we get their draft pick to draft Thabeet.
Musta been someone else's.

haha its all good man. I was really confused by your post.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Big Al All day

Quote:
haha its all good man. I was really confused by your post.
Yeah, but i guess I would kind of be down with that trade. I mean we have what 3 or 4 1st round draft picks? I'm not big on Millic but who is lol?

But yeah that would be an alright trade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: