Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far
Question Should I Drop Speedy Claxton For Brevin Knight??

I Had Brevin Knight last year and he was awesome for Steals and Assists

Heres my team its a 12 Team League on Yahoo

PG - D. Wade

SG - T. McGrady

SF - R. Artest

PF - D. Howard

C - T. Chandler

Util - L. Ridnour

Util - A. Harrington

BN - W. Szczerbiak

BN - K. Martin (Den)

BN - J. Magloire
BN - S. Claxton

BN - S. Abdur-Rahim

Last edited by Trade : 10-13-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't. Speedy can steal the ball as well as Brevin and now he'll be getting starters minutes. You'll get more points with Speedy as well.
Brevin's a backup and I don't think Charlotte is going to use that two point guard lineup they used last year.

I would also keep an eye on Sonics training camp to see if Earl Watson gets the starting nod over Luke Ridnour.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
I wouldn't. Speedy can steal the ball as well as Brevin and now he'll be getting starters minutes. You'll get more points with Speedy as well.
Brevin's a backup and I don't think Charlotte is going to use that two point guard lineup they used last year.

I would also keep an eye on Sonics training camp to see if Earl Watson gets the starting nod over Luke Ridnour.
who should i drop for him
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

JoyOfSlobe?? Is that really you Earl? LOL

I think its funny how much you jock Earl this pre-season. I dig it though. I like how he is a remedy for everyone's team per you. Kinda like Sheldon Williams and Bonzi Wells w/me. Also kinda opposite like how I am anti - JR Smith.

Stick with your gunz. I don't see Earl taking that starting spot from a healthy Luke Ridnour even if he can't D. The reports that Pearl Watson is competing for the spot is just to light a fire under Luke. But whichever PG falls into that starting roll will be irrelevant as they will both level out to splitting even time (20-25 mpg each). Thats what u get with the Pearl. Even when he was playin behind Andre Miller in Denver for half the season after one of AM's best seasons, Watson still got over 20 min's a game.

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-13-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

You know I think they are pretty even. Brevin probabyl wont repeat his numbers from last year but he will still get a good chunk of minutes. I would drop Magloire. Hes pretty much useless.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

I would drop Magloire. Hes pretty much useless.

I'd just stick with what u got for now. Definitely don't drop Magloire because he's the most talented center the Blazers got and he'll end up starting over Przybilla sooner or later. Sometimes people out-think themselves when dropping/adding players. Unless there's a player on the FA list that is a big time sleeper or somethin', stick with what u got. Brevin Knight doesn't fall under that category... Speedy will give u much better all-around #'s this year.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Also, is this a roto or H2H league?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #8
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Squad
JoyOfSlobe?? Is that really you Earl? LOL

I think its funny how much you jock Earl this pre-season. I dig it though. I like how he is a remedy for everyone's team per you. Kinda like Sheldon Williams and Bonzi Wells w/me. Also kinda opposite like how I am anti - JR Smith.

Stick with your gunz. I don't see Earl taking that starting spot from a healthy Luke Ridnour even if he can't D. The reports that Pearl Watson is competing for the spot is just to light a fire under Luke. But whichever PG falls into that starting roll will be irrelevant as they will both level out to splitting even time (20-25 mpg each). Thats what u get with the Pearl. Even when he was playin behind Andre Miller in Denver for half the season after one of AM's best seasons, Watson still got over 20 min's a game.
I think my fixation wil Earl has its roots that I have my hands tied in my roto league. It's a nine team, 14-man roster so there's plenty of talent still out there. I've been trying to move Andre Miller for a decent forward then pick up Earl to make my team dominant in assists, threes and steals in addition to by dominance in blocks and well-above average rebounding (I would say dominant but one manager drafted almost exclusively rebounders that can't really block shots). I can't just drop Andre Miller and I already had a fascist commissioner veto my trade of getting Carmelo Anthony for Antoine Walker and Andre Miller. I'm just frustrated that nobody in my league seems to appreciate that Andre Miller has missed all of 3 games in his seven season career and averaged 12, 8 and 1.3 last with the very real possibility to increase his assist average to 10 with Denver's planned shift to a more uptempo offense.
I'm just high on Watson because he put up comparable stats to Ridnour in Seattle last year with less playing time and he isn't such a defensive liability like Ridnour. Earl cut majorly into Ridnour's minutes after he was traded and I'm buying into that he will eventually get 30mpg and average 2 3PTM, 14 PTS, 6 AST and 1.5 STL.
I think another reason I keep mentioning Earl is that quite often he is the best available point guard in most leagues and I tend to place a lot of emphasis (sometimes too much) on the 3PTM, AST and STL categories. Just wait for me to hop on the Rajon Rondo bandwagon.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-13-2006 at 09:14 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: