Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #211
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Welcome to the Charlotte Bobcats fan forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Hey OWL. At least right now we've got the Panthers to keep us occupied. I too think we won't have an NBA season. It's a shame but it might be necessary to fix the league.

I can't imagine that the league can be 'fixed' any time soon because right now everyone is still self-centered. The players egos are too big. What's wrong with a 50-50 revenue split? What's wrong with enabling the small-market teams to be successful? That will take a salary cap so the Lakers can't spend 20 times what the Cats spend on player salaries, though, but I can just imagine players whining that they just can't live on 20 million dollars a year!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #212
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I can't imagine that the league can be 'fixed' any time soon because right now everyone is still self-centered. The players egos are too big. What's wrong with a 50-50 revenue split? What's wrong with enabling the small-market teams to be successful? That will take a salary cap so the Lakers can't spend 20 times what the Cats spend on player salaries, though, but I can just imagine players whining that they just can't live on 20 million dollars a year!

If what MJ said is true (that 22 out of 30 teams lost money last season), then I don't see the owners backing down any time soon.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #213
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
If what MJ said is true (that 22 out of 30 teams lost money last season), then I don't see the owners backing down any time soon.

Nope.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #214
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I hate it that I'm missin this season.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #215
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Don't worry OWL, I'll catch you up.

We won our first game this year, which got us thinking, "Hey, maybe we won't be as bad as we thought." Then we lost a shitload of games, made national news at least three times for being absolutely awful, and I think the team is on the verge of complete anarchy.

In short, we suck.

Now you're good till the offseason.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #216
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Don't worry OWL, I'll catch you up.

We won our first game this year, which got us thinking, "Hey, maybe we won't be as bad as we thought." Then we lost a shitload of games, made national news at least three times for being absolutely awful, and I think the team is on the verge of complete anarchy.

In short, we suck.

Now you're good till the offseason.

But we have some promising rookies.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #217
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Knew that I could count on all y'all.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #218
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

On another note---Jermario Moon?????
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #219
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

He used to be good...

Now he's with us.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #220
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
On another note---Jermario Moon?????

Season saved.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #221
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Season saved.

You are being facetious, yes???
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #222
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
You are being facetious, yes???

Yes.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #223
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

pray tell where is the best place to get accurate, indepth information about the Bobcats? They're official site is just a bunch of PR crap. I want info and objective analysis. Any ideas, guys? And gal. Where is TarCat these days? She's usually re-joined the forum by this time of the year.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #224
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

If you don't trust the amazing Rick Bonnell and his stealthy reporting, there is a Bobcats blog, Rufus something, I think.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #225
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
If you don't trust the amazing Rick Bonnell and his stealthy reporting, there is a Bobcats blog, Rufus something, I think.
My brain is still so wrapped up with what I'm doing here in California that I didn't even think of the Charlotte Observer website.
Thanks!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: