Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far
Default For those who remember...

Who were in the starting line up when the nets went to the finals? And who were the bench players in rotation and what position?

I remember Kidd, Kittles, RJ, Kmart, Van Horn, Collins, etc, but don't remember who started and who were subs. Thanks guys
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Kidd
Kittles
Jefferson
Martin
Collins

Lucious Harris
Rodney Rogers
ATrain
Zoran Planinic

they worked a 5 man frontcourt rotation. ROgers could play 3-5

edit: hmm my bad this is the 03-04 rotation.

01-02
Kidd
Kittles
Van Horn
Martin
McCullough

bench:
Anthony Johnson
Lucious Harris
Richard Jefferson
Aaron Williams
Jason Collins
Brandon Armstrong

(and one more 12th man whom I am forgetting)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Donny Marshall? I'm not sure, just that Donny's wife and Kidd's wife were best friends which is why he stuck around. He also always averaged 20/10/5 in the summer league but didnt do **** in the reg season.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

01-02
Kidd
Kittles
Van Horn
Martin
McCullough

bench:
Anthony Johnson
Lucious Harris
Richard Jefferson
Aaron Williams
Jason Collins
Brandon Armstrong

(and one more 12th man whom I am forgetting)[/quote]

It was Donny Marshall. I remember because he was always on the bench slapping his towel on the ground after dunks and such. I use to love it! He did not contribute but he did get everyone fired up.
Also, didn't Mutombo play on one of those finals teams? I remember being so angry that Frank would not play him more. I remember one final he got in for a few minutes had two blocks and dove on the floor for a loose ball and called a crucial time out. I guess It did not impress Frank enough. Anybody remember that?
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Nets traded McCullough and Van horn for mutumbo and a draft pick I think.

Mutumbo was supposed to be the defensive force they needed to get past Tim Duncan and Shaq.

but he was injured most of the way, so that paved the way for Jason Collins starting.

then when Mutumbo came back during the spring before the postseason, he was exposed as he could not keep up with the Nets fast paced system, and he was even slowing down the fast break.

aside from a few spot moments such as excellent defense on Tim Duncan in the Finals, Mutumbo was mainly a liability.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

Do you guys think the current roster compares to the aforementioned title-contending rosters? Is it good enough to beat Miami?
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

if you look at Miami, on paper, they seem to be nothing more than egos colliding and basically a Shaq and Wade dominated team.

durin the regular season when teh Nets went 3-1 against the Heat, it was essentially ALL Wade, as the other players, including Shaq, were contained or even stopped.

much of that was on display in GAme 1 in their semifinals.

Game 3 was almost a done deal for the Nets if not for a critical VC turnover. in much of that game, it was ALL Wade, with little of anyone else.

however, Game 4 is when Antoine walker and Jason Williams decided to finally show up.

Game 5 was a pretty even thing, with good defense sealing a tight one point victory for the Heat. (Nets fought back from 8 down with 35 seconds left)

what do I think about this MIami roster? it's not going to the title.

compared to the Net roster? i think that is yet to be seen since there are so many new pieces that need to be integrated. but I am optimisitic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: