Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #16
Narf
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Narf has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Wont Play For A "Bad" Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan`
This guy is a ****ing idiot
WTF? No, you'd be a ****ing idiot if you were in his place and went to wherever you were drafted without thinking of your future. Any sensible person in his situation would do the ****ing same thing.

Jeez, some americunts should stop feeling hurt because a kid dares reject going to USA to play in a crappy franchise in a ****hole city. Hell, if I was in his place there are only 2 or 3 cities in the USA I'd go instead of staying in Barcelona.
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to OKC. But he could definitely stay in Europe, it's not like he's hurting for cash.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #18
Bodin
Great young streetballer

Bodin has an OK reputation so far

leave the panty waste european kid in Spain where he belongs... what a spoiled brat... needs a damn spanking
Bodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:40 AM   #19
Bodin
Great young streetballer

Bodin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf
WTF? No, you'd be a ****ing idiot if you were in his place and went to wherever you were drafted without thinking of your future. Any sensible person in his situation would do the ****ing same thing.

Jeez, some americunts should stop feeling hurt because a kid dares reject going to USA to play in a crappy franchise in a ****hole city. Hell, if I was in his place there are only 2 or 3 cities in the USA I'd go instead of staying in Barcelona.

please don't have offspring
the world would be a better place without more brats running around thinking they are better than everyone
Bodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Enough with the dumbass bickering.

Say a "bad franchise" drafts him, how long do they hold his rights, indefinitely? That's the case, you draft him just the same and trade his rights.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #21
Narf
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Narf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodin
please don't have offspring
the world would be a better place without more brats running around thinking they are better than everyone
Huh? He ALREADY HAS a good contract. It's not as if he was rejecting playing in Memphis because he believes he's too good for that city and he'd rather be unemployed. He (or his agent, or his parents, I don't know) is rejecting playing in Memphis because he ALREADY HAS SOMETHING HE CONSIDERS BETTER. What would YOU do if you were offered a job that you think it's worse than what you have? Would you be a brat if you said "Sorry, I'll remain where I am unless I'm offered something I consider better for my future"?
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #22
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

So then who are memphis's worst contracts? Who might they want to unload if they were to trade rubio for picks, capspace, and player(s)?

I would love to see rubio on a talented team and think that they could get an overall great deal in a trade even though I think its unlikely he gets traded. A pick or picks this year might be overvalued in a trade
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #23
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
So then who are memphis's worst contracts? Who might they want to unload if they were to trade rubio for picks, capspace, and player(s)?

I would love to see rubio on a talented team and think that they could get an overall great deal in a trade even though I think its unlikely he gets traded. A pick or picks this year might be overvalued in a trade
Jaric, his contract is the ugliest on our team.

Also his buyout isn't as big of a problem considering this
Quote:
But there is no fairness by today's standard in paying a player less than $100,000 and demanding a buyout of $8 million. Joventut president Jordi Villacampa is a former star player who has to realize that he and his club will look monstrously bad if they prevent their young star from fulfilling his NBA dream by holding him to a contract Rubio's parents signed when he was 15. Joventut took advantage of the family -- envisioning Rubio's NBA potential when the family did not -- and NBA sources say Rubio's American agent, Dan Fegan, will pursue legal action if necessary to prevent the club from holding Rubio hostage. In the meantime, Joventut would lose the goodwill of Rubio as an ambassador, turning him into an enemy instead of the ally he could become over the course of his NBA career.

One way or another, this will work itself out because both sides have much to lose if it doesn't.

Let's assume Rubio will be free to enter the draft, even if (by one scenario I've heard) he has to file a court injunction to prevent the club from demanding $8 million he can't afford to pay based on his $97,706 salary.
I dont see how he doesn't win that in court and work with the team to come up with a more convenient buyout for him.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #24
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

This might be a good thing for Memphis. This allows them to draft Rubio and basically auctions him off to "good" franchises while saving face.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #25
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
This might be a good thing for Memphis. This allows them to draft Rubio and basically auctions him off to "good" franchises while saving face.
This has been my thinking all along.

Anyway, Chris Wallace (Grizz GM) and Lionel Hollins (Grizz coach) are currently in Spain watching Rubio play and will be speaking to him and his family in the next couple of days.

So, we'll find out soon enough whether the rumours are true or not.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #26
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since most of you guys have never seen Ricky play apart from the Olympics, here's a stream to his current playoff game against Real.

http://www.justin.tv/djdeavedsi

Last edited by Grinder : 05-23-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone see that?

Joventut goes down 20 so the coach sends Rubio in and within seconds he gets a steal with terrific on ball pressure on Raul Lopez.

Also look out for Sergio Llul on Real and Henk Norel on Joventut.

As I say that, Ricky steals an inbounds pass.

Last edited by Grinder : 05-23-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #28
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hopefully he drops to the knicks at #8.. Or maybe the knicks do some type of trade with the kings. Give up Nate and swap picks? Do you guys think that's possible?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

I heard that the wizards are trying to swap pics with the Thunder and then pick up rubio with number 3
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I love how everyone thinks that these rumors are the facts. The griz are gonna scout rubio and court him and if he is a fit here then they will draft him. But even then im sure the griz will draft him and then trade him.

The grizz are in a great position to get better.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: