Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #31
Rocketsftw
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Rocketsftw has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 26: Cavaliers @ Magic, Game 4 (Round 3)

I desperately want the Magic to win but I feel the Cavs may take this one..
Rocketsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #32
#1SportsFan86
Mavs All Day

#1SportsFan86 has decent reputation

The Magic are gonna get robbed tonight by the refs man I can already tell, expect Howard to be sitting on the bench with 3 fouls in 7 mins because that's the only way he Cavs have a chance.
#1SportsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #33
ANBU21
I brick open layups

ANBU21 has an OK reputation so far

Actually, I don't see this game being called that bad. I think the refs could have gotten a talking to. on 1st and 10 last night they actually talked about game 3 Refs and it wasn't pretty for the League. They pretty much said what everyone is saying. Some players (LeBron) are getting preferential treatment while others (DHoward) are getting screwed. But with that being said, D12 NEEDS to stop picking up stupid fouls. The times he does actually commit a foul its damn right stupid, I always think to myself "WTF!".

Anyways, I really think this one will be much closer but the Magic still pull if off. I don't see Hedo going 1-11 again.
ANBU21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #34
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just want to see more consistent officiating on BOTH sides. Noone wants to watch a free throw contests. From the Cavs' point of view, I hope they run with the smaller lineup, and they have GOT to find a way to close out on those outside shooters.

I hope Mike Brown makes the neccesary adjustments. He's really stuggled from a coaching perspective this series.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #35
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981[B
]I just want to see more consistent officiating on BOTH sides. Noone wants to watch a free throw contests.[/b] From the Cavs' point of view, I hope they run with the smaller lineup, and they have GOT to find a way to close out on those outside shooters.

I hope Mike Brown makes the neccesary adjustments. He's really stuggled from a coaching perspective this series.

Fuckin' 86 free throw attempts last game between both teams. That's ridiculous. Almost half the the Magic's points were freethrows and almost a third were the Cavs.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #36
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Fuckin' 86 free throw attempts last game between both teams. That's ridiculous. Almost half the the Magic's points were freethrows and almost a third were the Cavs.

It's just hard to watch. Games drag on. I can understand how the casual fan can totally lose interest in this kind of stuff. The NBA needs to take a serious look at how games are officiated. I think back to teams like the Knicks/Jazz, etc in the 90s...........teams like that never would've survived in this era.

Just let them play ball. I mean that from both sides, as that foul on Howard at the end of the game was an absolutely terrible call.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #37
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
It's just hard to watch. Games drag on. I can understand how the casual fan can totally lose interest in this kind of stuff. The NBA needs to take a serious look at how games are officiated. I think back to teams like the Knicks/Jazz, etc in the 90s...........teams like that never would've survived in this era.

Just let them play ball. I mean that from both sides, as that foul on Howard at the end of the game was an absolutely terrible call.

I know, I was just like "Jeez, let us lose the game already please." After that foul was called I turned it off. I couldn't stand to watch anymore freethrows, especially in a losing effort.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #38
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Sriracha has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Why the need for bull**** statements like that in a series where Orlando has gotten more foul calls and more freethrows ? The reffing hasn't been good, but it hasn't favored the Cavs unduly either.

If you put the best defensive player on the bench, then the Magic defense isn't as good. This will allow King James to do whatever the hell he wants.

I think Delonte and Big Z being in foul trouble is the same as Dwight. I see the reffing is only good when the Cavs win.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #39
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Why the need for bull**** statements like that in a series where Orlando has gotten more foul calls and more freethrows ? The reffing hasn't been good, but it hasn't favored the Cavs unduly either.

It's because officiating isn't just about who gets more freethrows.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #40
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
The Magic are gonna get robbed tonight by the refs man I can already tell, expect Howard to be sitting on the bench with 3 fouls in 7 mins because that's the only way he Cavs have a chance.

You act like Gortat isn't doing a good job filling in. The only way the Cavs benefit Dwight on the bench is if they can score and as far as the Cavs team goes, it hasn't been happening. COME ON CAVS STOP DISAPPOINTING ME AND PLAY.

Courtney Lee has been a major problem for us.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #41
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember the Lakers / Pistons finals where people kept saying "this game the Lakers will play like they REALLY can" and blow out the Pistons. And it never happened. The Cavs are a day away from Cav fans saying "in Game 5 you will see the real Cavs and we will win 3 straight" and the rest of us knowing they are done.

Everything screams to me CAVS, tha they won't allow themselves to fall down 3-1 BUT the problems the Cavs have are their supporting cast looks absolutely terrified to be out there, Mo included despite his off court fake bravado. There is not necessarily a reason that changes.

The Cavs are one miracle shot away from tonight being the Magic sweeping them.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #42
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation

mo and delonte really need to step up.

i want lebron to only score 30 tonight and one of these guys get 20 and the other gets 15 because thats the only way the cavs can win(you don't get defended against unless ur making ur shots, so stop putting all the pressure on lebron)

and big Z u better defend dwight howard well.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #43
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Tonight is the Cavs season basically. I do not see this team coming back from 3-1 against this Orlando team.

LeBron cannot score 40ish points and win. He doesn't impact the game as much when he scores that much.

But yea, Delonte, Mo, and Big Z need to remember how to shoot a basketball.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #44
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Does anyone think the Cavs will be able to come back if they go down 3-1?

Possible, but not likely. The Magic outplayed us on both ends in 2 of the 3 games so far. If they do that tonight, unless Mike Brown can do a miracle, the series is pretty much over.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #45
Hughes500
I airball my layups

Hughes500 has an OK reputation so far

The orlando sentinel ran a story this morning about the Refs doing tonights game. It's Steve Javie and crew - basically, when they ref, the magic are 7-0.
Hughes500 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: