Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 05-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #46
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: May 26: Cavaliers @ Magic, Game 4 (Round 3)

Huge game for the Cavs, a loss here and they are done IMO...Orlando have looked the better team by far in this series.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #47
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Huge game for the Cavs, a loss here and they are done IMO...Orlando have looked the better team by far in this series.

Orlando has played nothing short of perfect so far.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #48
ANBU21
I brick open layups

ANBU21 has an OK reputation so far

^^ That is not true. They've yet to have a great game. Last game they had way too many turn overs, Hedo was 1-11, D12 only played 28min and Rashard was in foul trouble second half of the game. Believe it or not the Magic can do a lot more to improve.

Magic only played two great games so far these playoffs. Game 6 vs Philly and Game 7 vs Boston.

But I still have this bad feeling my Magic might lose tonight. I just don't see the Cavs playing so horrible 4 games in a row... I'm not saying if the Cavs have a good game the Magic can't win. I'm just getting a weird feeling...
ANBU21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #49
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GO CAVS!!!!

Hope LeBron comes through tonight because the rest of his team sure won't.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #50
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Not true. They've played the same way all season.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #51
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBU21
^^ That is not true. They've yet to have a great game. Last game they had way too many turn overs, Hedo was 1-11, D12 only played 28min and Rashard was in foul trouble second half of the game. Believe it or not the Magic can do a lot more to improve.

Magic only played two great games so far these playoffs. Game 6 vs Philly and Game 7 vs Boston.

But I still have this bad feeling my Magic might lose tonight. I just don't see the Cavs playing so horrible 4 games in a row... I'm not saying if the Cavs have a good game the Magic can't win. I'm just getting a weird feeling...

Dwight gets in foul trouble, Hedo struggles, Lewis in foul trouble
=====
Gortat comes up big on D, Lee lights it up, Alston hitting 3s, Pietrus has been consistent the whole series.

The Magic are a very good team that can do away without 1-2 players. The Cavs on the other hand, I can't say yet because we have not showed up to a game this series yet, except Lebron.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #52
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The theory that Orlando is just playing unconcious and Cleveland poorly isn't really true. Orlando is shooting a high pct of 3's becaue they are shooting a ton of open 3's. No one is going off for 30+, etc. And on the Cleveland side the supporting cast is sucking but Lebron is putting in 40-8-8 a game. Even for him that's on the high side.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #53
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23

How on earth can you say that? Dwight hasn't had consistant minutes all series....Defensively they have been very good but overall they can play better. They won 59 games for a reason....
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #54
ANBU21
I brick open layups

[/quote]The Magic are a very good team that can do away without 1-2 players. The Cavs on the other hand, I can't say yet because we have not showed up to a game this series yet, except Lebron.[/quote]

True but even if the Cavs show up, I still don't see them beating the Magic if all the starters are able to have a good game. And those role players have been solid most of the season and all of the Playoffs, although CLee was a big surprise.

Stan is too good of a coach to keep 4 guys on James if he knows the outside shooters are Hot and playing like the have all year long. But even if Mo gets hot it doesn't change the mismatch advantage the Magic have.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #55
ANBU21
I brick open layups

Just heard on the radio, the Refs that are calling the game tonight are the same Refs the Magic are 7-0 with... I wonder if Stern is trying to get some of the heat off of him. lol
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #56
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
True but even if the Cavs show up, I still don't see them beating the Magic if all the starters are able to have a good game. And those role players have been solid most of the season and all of the Playoffs, although CLee was a big surprise.

Stan is too good of a coach to keep 4 guys on James if he knows the outside shooters are Hot and playing like the have all year long. But even if Mo gets hot it doesn't change the mismatch advantage the Magic have.

Yes Magic have a clear mismatch bigger guards, SFs and PFs with guard skills, and Dwight. I even consider Gortat a mismatch for Z, and he does a good job limiting lebron with dwights out.

Games 1 and 2 came down to the wire, and in game 1 this is exactly what I mean by the Cavs not showing up. Same goes in game 3. 3-4 of those open jumpers made and the game swings in the Cavs favor.

I think if both teams played their A+++ game, the Magic would win, but that's not possible. The Cavs A+++ game is defense, which would contradict letting the Magic play their A+++ game. I don't think the Cavs are going to come out with their A+++ game this series, but if they can get their scoring act together they should be able to come back on the Magic for a bit
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #57
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBU21
Just heard on the radio, the Refs that are calling the game tonight are the same Refs the Magic are 7-0 with... I wonder if Stern is trying to get some of the heat off of him. lol

Lol I read about that in the Orlando Sentinel
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #58
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is what people were saying about the Cavs before this series:

--Mo Williams is a legit #2 option, the guy who can take the pressure off LeBron and create his own shot opportunities
--they have an amazing defensive philosophy and are an impenetrable force on that end of the floor
--Mike Brown has improved as a coach
--LeBron has developed his perimeter game and defense to elite levels
--Zydrunas Ilgauskas has that outside jumper that can pull away the other teams big man away from the basket
--Delonte West can get to the rack and get up good shot opportunites
--Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally, etc are all key vets that have tons of experience, as they have started for various teams in their careers

Now, all of a sudden, it's the following. This is what people are discussing:

--Mo Williams is a complete byproduct of playing with LeBron, and is a total joker
--their defense is completely overrated
--LeBron can't shoot from the perimeter, and his defense is overrated
--Z is washed up and should retire
--West can't step it up
-the bench is useless and washed up

The truth is somewhere in the middle here. Cleveland did alot of those wonderful things against average/mediocre teams, but hasn't stepped it up against the elite. I refuse to believe that all of these negative things will continue, because regardless of the competition, you don't win as many games as they did by accident. In years past, they didn't beat the teams that they were supposed to. It says something about their improved mentality that they were able to get motivated on a nightly basis against teams that they were clearly better than.

I know Orlando is a bad matchup for us. That's been shown. However, I know what kind of team the Cavs are. I watched most of their games. They didn't get here by accident. It was a bit too easy for them these first 2 round. Now, they are dealing with some real adversity. I believe that they have the mental makeup and ability to rise up and overcome. This is a tough minded team with veteran players that have been there/done that.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #59
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
This is what people were saying about the Cavs before this series:

--Mo Williams is a legit #2 option, the guy who can take the pressure off LeBron and create his own shot opportunities
--they have an amazing defensive philosophy and are an impenetrable force on that end of the floor
--Mike Brown has improved as a coach
--LeBron has developed his perimeter game and defense to elite levels
--Zydrunas Ilgauskas has that outside jumper that can pull away the other teams big man away from the basket
--Delonte West can get to the rack and get up good shot opportunites
--Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally, etc are all key vets that have tons of experience, as they have started for various teams in their careers

Now, all of a sudden, it's the following. This is what people are discussing:

--Mo Williams is a complete byproduct of playing with LeBron, and is a total joker
--their defense is completely overrated
--LeBron can't shoot from the perimeter, and his defense is overrated
--Z is washed up and should retire
--West can't step it up
-the bench is useless and washed up

The truth is somewhere in the middle here. Cleveland did alot of those wonderful things against average/mediocre teams, but hasn't stepped it up against the elite. I refuse to believe that all of these negative things will continue, because regardless of the competition, you don't win as many games as they did by accident. In years past, they didn't beat the teams that they were supposed to. It says something about their improved mentality that they were able to get motivated on a nightly basis against teams that they were clearly better than.

I know Orlando is a bad matchup for us. That's been shown. However, I know what kind of team the Cavs are. I watched most of their games. They didn't get here by accident. It was a bit too easy for them these first 2 round. Now, they are dealing with some real adversity. I believe that they have the mental makeup and ability to rise up and overcome. This is a tough minded team with veteran players that have been there/done that.

i find it troublesome that Mo allows himself to be so easily distracted. he is constantly involved in extra curricular stupidity. He THREW the ball at Dwight. WTF are you thinking if you do something like that? I understand if after that he just kicked ass, but he didn't. He needs to shut up and play.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #60
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Cavs are super confident about this series.....almost too confident. Lebron needs to chill a bit on scoring so damn much and EVERYBODY else needs to step up. They should be killing the Magic is Dwight is fouling out and Hedo is shooting terrible....not losing by 10.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: