Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #871
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: May 26: Cavaliers @ Magic, Game 4 (Round 3)

I have no faith in our supporting cast being able to deliver at this point, but LeBron also deserves some blame. He played a horrible OT.

We just aren't as good as the Magic, and that goes well beyond this series. We have had trouble with those guys for years. Down 3-1, can we come back? The pressure for Orlando to close out this series is immense. When you have a team full of guys who have collectively never been to the finals, winning that final game can be the toughest task of all, but Stan Van Gundy has been up to the task so far.

At this point, I have no faith in the supporting cast. It's really a tremendous disappointment. LeBron will just have to go out there and play out of his mind. This team has our number, and they have an unbelievable amount of confidence right now.

Maybe having game 5 at home, and the whole "do or die" scenerio can help propel us to victory, but we just aren't doing the little things that winning basketball teams do, and sooner or later, Orlando will close this thing out. I predicted the Cavs to win. I ignored recent history. There's no doubt that the Magic are the better team. For us to do anything the rest of the way, we'll have to win with grit and toughness. Not talent. It won't be done that way.
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #872
GUUS
Banned

GUUS has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I have no faith in our supporting cast being able to deliver at this point, but LeBron also deserves some blame. He played a horrible OT.

We just aren't as good as the Magic, and that goes well beyond this series. We have had trouble with those guys for years. Down 3-1, can we come back? The pressure for Orlando to close out this series is immense. When you have a team full of guys who have collectively never been to the finals, winning that final game can be the toughest task of all, but Stan Van Gundy has been up to the task so far.

At this point, I have no faith in the supporting cast. It's really a tremendous disappointment. LeBron will just have to go out there and play out of his mind. This team has our number, and they have an unbelievable amount of confidence right now.

Maybe having game 5 at home, and the whole "do or die" scenerio can help propel us to victory, but we just aren't doing the little things that winning basketball teams do, and sooner or later, Orlando will close this thing out. I predicted the Cavs to win. I ignored recent history. There's no doubt that the Magic are the better team. For us to do anything the rest of the way, we'll have to win with grit and toughness. Not talent. It won't be done that way.
great post repped why cant more cavs fans be like you
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #873
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

ChrisKreager has not been impressing people

For all I hear about 'Orlando should be up 3-0,' they could have been down 3-1 if Rashard Lewis hadn't saved their butts in game 1 and game 4.
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #874
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Mor'Fiyah has decent reputationMor'Fiyah has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Then explain why the Cavs outside of Lberon and maybe Delonte have been shootin bad/below their reg season output all playoffs even against Detroit and Atlanta? Those

The reason the Magic are giving the cavs so many problems is because everything do on defense is negated by the style of Orlandos offense which causes the cavs to make defensive changes that end up hurting their offense. The only way the cavs will/can oversome some of that is by the roll players stepping up their offensive games.

--cavs play a pack it in defense---> pack it in D won't wok against orlando because of the way they shoot 3's

--when the Cavs go small to cut some of that perimeter game away from Orlando ---> their offense/spacing declines because they have to sit Verajao and/or Big Z and play Ben Wallace or they become so small with Paplovic that they get killed with postups

..with all of that being said, Orlando hasn't been able to really put the cavs in a deep hole even with their potent offense. It's just that with the way the cavs are going on offense, the hole seems bigger than it really is. orlando has never had a lead bigger than 10 or 11 and with a bounce/stop hear and there, the cavs would easily be up 3-1 instead. Basically every Orlando player outside of Dwight is playing over their head while the are basically the exact opposite.

Rubbish. Yes the Cavs vaunted defence is not as effective on Orlando for the reasons you mentioned... but then whats your explanation for the poor play of the other Cavs players? They are worse now than in the other games of the playoffs. In addition why would they be so good in the regular season and then terrible every game in the playoffs all of a sudden. Maybe all of this coincides with Lebron's increased domination of the ball, resulting in increased stats etc. It worked against the lesser teams, but it hasn't against the better teams.
Mor'Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #875
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Interesting stat of the day...

Who's #2 behind Kobe in 4th quarter scoring in the playoffs?

(hint: it's not lebron)

Rashard Lewis
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #876
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

So now we are going to blame players who were there for 82 games of the season and suddenly have disappeared in the playoffs? I feel sorry for Lebrons supporting cast... people will forever blame them for not helping Lebron out and choking when they havent even been given the opportunity to succeed. Mo Williams has been reduced to a catch and shoot two guard and everybody else has gotten less burn and/or shots because the Cavs offense has increasingly consisted of Lebron, Lebron, Lebron and more Lebron. Lebron ran out of gas and turned the ball over eight times because the Cavs no longer trust Mo Williams. If I were Mo I would get out of Dodge.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #877
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

The Magic are playing out of their minds right now, what more can the Cavs do?
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #878
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Then explain why the Cavs outside of Lberon and maybe Delonte have been shootin bad/below their reg season output all playoffs even against Detroit and Atlanta? Those

The reason the Magic are giving the cavs so many problems is because everything do on defense is negated by the style of Orlandos offense which causes the cavs to make defensive changes that end up hurting their offense. The only way the cavs will/can oversome some of that is by the roll players stepping up their offensive games.

--cavs play a pack it in defense---> pack it in D won't wok against orlando because of the way they shoot 3's

--when the Cavs go small to cut some of that perimeter game away from Orlando ---> their offense/spacing declines because they have to sit Verajao and/or Big Z and play Ben Wallace or they become so small with Paplovic that they get killed with postups

..with all of that being said, Orlando hasn't been able to really put the cavs in a deep hole even with their potent offense. It's just that with the way the cavs are going on offense, the hole seems bigger than it really is. orlando has never had a lead bigger than 10 or 11 and with a bounce/stop hear and there, the cavs would easily be up 3-1 instead. Basically every Orlando player outside of Dwight is playing over their head while the are basically the exact opposite.

The series could of easily be over by now.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #879
GUUS
Banned

GUUS has decent reputation

only reason magic have never had a big lead is because the refs always keep the cavs in the game with bailouts for bron bron, and freethrows for getting within 5 feet of him
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #880
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
So now we are going to blame players who were there for 82 games of the season and suddenly have disappeared in the playoffs? I feel sorry for Lebrons supporting cast... people will forever blame them for not helping Lebron out and choking when they havent even been given the opportunity to succeed. Mo Williams has been reduced to a catch and shoot two guard and everybody else has gotten less burn and/or shots because the Cavs offense has increasingly consisted of Lebron, Lebron, Lebron and more Lebron. Lebron ran out of gas and turned the ball over eight times because the Cavs no longer trust Mo Williams. If I were Mo I would get out of Dodge.

Blame the F*CKING coach. Geez. The guys offense is so horrible that if Lebron is not helping others by creating then the offense is stagnant. The role players are doing what they are suppose to do which is get the hell out of the way and let Lebron create for them. Unfortunately the only thing they aren't doing is finishing off the play by making their open shots.

I been watching you post throughout this series and it's obvious that you are just mad at Lebron. If you think Lebron needs to be blamed for this series then you must not understand the game of basketball. What bloody more can Lebron do? He is getting rebounds, he is playing defense, he is f*cking averaging 42 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists. You are so full of sh!t.

I'm sorry but the Magic are just a better team than the Cavs. The Magic have exploited the weakness of this Cavs team and that is that their backcourt is too short and that they seriously need to consider their big man situation. For most of the NBA, this was pretty easy to overcome since most teams don't have good big men and Mo and West were hitting their shots, but now they have been exposed against championship teams. Also, their coaching situation does not help their cause. They are a good defensive team against most teams but put them against a team with a good big man and they can't do as well.

Lebron should get some blame, but all the blame, hell no. I don't even know what else he can possibly do besides reducing his turnovers. MLH said that he will need to play out of his mind, well guess what, he has already played out of his mind. Face it NBA fans, the Magic are just not a good match up for the Cavs, plus they are a better team, PLUS their role players are hitting their shots while the Cavs role players have disappeared.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #881
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
The Magic are playing out of their minds right now, what more can the Cavs do?
Stern is going to add a 4th ref for game 5, because 5 on 8 does not appear to be working.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #882
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Blame the F*CKING coach. Geez. The guys offense is so horrible that if Lebron is not helping others by creating then the offense is stagnant. The role players are doing what they are suppose to do which is get the hell out of the way and let Lebron create for them. Unfortunately the only thing they aren't doing is finishing off the play by making their open shots.

I been watching you post throughout this series and it's obvious that you are just mad at Lebron. If you think Lebron needs to be blamed for this series then you must not understand the game of basketball. What bloody more can Lebron do? He is getting rebounds, he is playing defense, he is f*cking averaging 42 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists. You are so full of sh!t.

I'm sorry but the Magic are just a better team than the Cavs. The Magic have exploited the weakness of this Cavs team and that is that their backcourt is too short and that they seriously need to consider their big man situation. For most of the NBA, this was pretty easy to overcome since most teams don't have good big men and Mo and West were hitting their shots, but now they have been exposed against championship teams. Also, their coaching situation does not help their cause. They are a good defensive team against most teams but put them against a team with a good big man and they can't do as well.

Lebron should get some blame, but all the blame, hell no. I don't even know what else he can possibly do besides reducing his turnovers. MLH said that he will need to play out of his mind, well guess what, he has already played out of his mind. Face it NBA fans, the Magic are just not a good match up for the Cavs, plus they are a better team, PLUS their role players are hitting their shots while the Cavs role players have disappeared.

And since when did I say Lebron is all to blame? Listen... I am a Lakers fan. So I know all about one player dominating the ball and how sometimes they have to. I am not putting it all on Lebron anymore than I found it fair when people put it all on Kobe or TMac in the past. These guys do what their coaches tell them to. But they can also give their input during the game, after the game and in practice. As superstars the old Lakers and these Cavs have offenses that flatter their star players and its hard to say no to that especially when you have a coach who only knows how to play that way. Mike Brown is to blame. Lebron is to blame. The whole team is to blame... But right now all I am hearing is how Lebron's teammates suck and they arent helping Lebron out. Thats BS. It especially bothers me when the SAME exact situation happened with Kobe and the arguments were completely different. I love Lebron as a player and he has a chance to go down as the greatest the game has ever seen. And I want him to succeed... but the refs giving him all these calls... and then offenses that are built to give him incredible stats instead of actually winning the whole damn thing... these things are tainting it for me a bit. Cleveland needs to get rid of Mike Brown, create an actual offense that showcases Lebron but has other side pieces that help it work and evolve and get better (poor Boobie was blossoming into a better player), dial down Lebron's PER so that they can dial up the PER of others (give other players more opportunities to rebound the ball and shoot and create and run plays and get plays ran for them), or send Lebron to a franchise that will provide those things...
Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #883
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
This is telling me that LeBron James is a ****ing breast but the problem was Mike Brown
Yep. Brown was just not milking Lebron enough.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #884
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Yep. Brown was just not milking Lebron enough.

lol

TIT for tat I guess...
Old 05-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #885
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

I remember back in Seattle Rashard used to have that afraid of the moment Eddie Jones syndrome but he's done a lot of growing up since then. Good to see him hit all of these clutch shots.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: