Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Observations from the White/black scrimmage.

Charlotte Observer:
Quote:
WILMINGTON - Charlotte Bobcats forward Sean May had a simple goal for this training camp -- get back home in one piece, after a rookie season full of knee problems.

He just about made it. Then Gerald Wallace went soaring for a rebound and the only landing pad was May's forehead.

"I'm suing him for ruining my modeling career," May joked after taking eight stitches above his left eye after the Bobcats' intrasquad scrimmage at UNC Wilmington's Trask Coliseum.

"He came down right on top of my head.''

Actually, May feels he and his team escaped relatively unscathed. Melvin Ely was the only Bobcat to miss the scrimmage, recovering from a left knee strain.

For the record, the white squad beat the black 70-57, with Wallace totaling 17 points and six rebounds for the winners. Matt Carroll led the black squad, with 12 points.

Some impressions:

Right now rookie Adam Morrison is just what you'd anticipate from afar -- a fine shooter who struggles constantly at the defensive end. Considering all the difficulty he had chasing Carroll on Sunday night, I'm not sure how he's supposed to stay close to a Jason Richardson or Tracy McGrady.

Not that he will be asked to guard those guys. Wallace will be assigned the opposing team's top wing scorer. But Morrison will also have trouble against a team's second option.

Carroll quietly had perhaps the best week of training camp. He's making shots, moving well without the ball, dribbling with more authority.

Rookie Ryan Hollins is still learning the game, but he's always fun to watch. He's good for one dunk a game that absolutely drives you out of your seat.

That gruesome foul-shooting performance at the end of a practice early last week might not be such an anomaly. Emeka Okafor threw up an air ball at the foul line Sunday night, drawing smirks from both benches.

For a guy who was signed to be a shooter, Walter Herrmann misses a lot of open shots. He was 3-of-10 from the field, and several of those misses were unguarded. On the other hand, that indicates he's good at getting himself open.

Neither squad shot well (black 38 percent, white 43 percent), but that didn't particularly bother coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff.

He said his players found good shots. As long as that happens, they'll start going in.

Michael Jordan showed up at tipoff and watched the team he's constructing from a midcourt seat in the town where he grew up.
Kinda disappointing. IMO pro's need to be hitting open shots. Hopefully as the season progresses we will start hitting them.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
TCBobcat
I Hit Open Layups

Hopefully the D-gushing G-force can pick up the Stach's slack defense without taking himself out and our entire front-court out of the game/season with him. The kid absolutely launches himself with abandon. Don't get me wrong it's what I love about him, but keep your head on a swivel (May, I'm talking to you).
TCBobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: