Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jose Canseco KOed in 77 seconds in MMA debut

Canseco got knocked out by some scrub in a Toughman competition a few months ago... now he fights a GIANT K1 fighter?

Choi isn't even a good MMA fighter... and can't even get sanctioned to fight in the States... but he's obviously going to destroy Canseco.

I'm all for Japanese freak show fights, but this one was just dumb. They essentially paid Canseco 50k to go in and take a fall.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, the ratings were hurting in Japan, so they added in some of the old freakshow fights, though Hunt/Mousasi wasn't really a freakshow fight.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #18
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll give Canseco credit. I don't know what he's thinking but if you're going to fight real fighters you at least deserve not to be hated on. He didn't come across as a bad dude in some interviews, just extremely blunt.

Choi fought Fedor, basically was f'in Fedor up until he caught Choi in a arm bar i think. Choi's the biggest person i've ever seen in pro sports.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #19
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well, the ratings were hurting in Japan, so they added in some of the old freakshow fights, though Hunt/Mousasi wasn't really a freakshow fight.
plus he was a baseball player, guess Japanese people enjoy baseball players doing anything
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 AM   #20
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think I might watch clips of Jose getting his ass beat every day for the rest of my life. I think it will be time well spent.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 AM   #21
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Didnt Brock Lesnar get his ass whooped in his MMA debut as well? It might not have been his official debut, but in his first major PPV UFC fight I remember Lesnar getting submitted in less than 30 seconds.

Not that I am trying to compare Conseco to Lesnar, just sayin.....
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 AM   #22
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Didnt Brock Lesnar get his ass whooped in his MMA debut as well? It might not have been his official debut, but in his first major PPV UFC fight I remember Lesnar getting submitted in less than 30 seconds.

Lesnar came into that fight with no ground game and no fundamentals and absolutely NO PATIENCE AT ALL. He tried a takedown too early without defending himself. His ground game still sucks but its so much better now. Hes actually the heavyweight champ right now

Lesnars debut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qod9t...eature=related

Lesner vs Couture for the heavyweight title:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pe2vw5q6RY

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 05-27-2009 at 03:46 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #23
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

magiŠ is considered somewhat coolmagiŠ is considered somewhat cool

Let Jose fight Fedor next; tell him he's just some chubby Russian.
magiŠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #24
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
I'll give Canseco credit. I don't know what he's thinking but if you're going to fight real fighters you at least deserve not to be hated on. He didn't come across as a bad dude in some interviews, just extremely blunt.

Choi fought Fedor, basically was f'in Fedor up until he caught Choi in a arm bar i think. Choi's the biggest person i've ever seen in pro sports.

I wouldn't go that far; the fight lasted 2 minutes.
Choi is so huge, every time Fedor tried to put him on the ground all Choi did was lean forward and fall on top of Fedor. Fedor tried to submit him with an arm bar the first time but couldn't and got a few good punches; then the 2nd time Choi fell on Fedor; Fedor submitted him.

I don't think Fedor was ever rocked in that fight though, he was obviously out muscled because the dude is a monster. But Fedor is one tough SOB, guy's neck should have been broke by Randleman; and he submitted the guy a few seconds later.

Fedor, Machida, GSP, Silva I think are the best P4P fighters in the world right now. I love all 4 of them, especially Lyota and Fedor.

Fedor Vs Choi

Check the 47 second mark, about the greatest thing I have ever seen in MMA; that was just incredible. How on earth does a man not only survive that fall but submit his guy in the next 30 seconds.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #25
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry

Lesnar ****ed Mir up. He's too physically dominating but he's inexperienced, so Mir caught him in a submission and won it from that. Thats really the only way Lesnar can lose imo, nobody is going to out pound him.

And Mir is no slouch, if anything extremely underrated.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #26
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

Mir is also a better fighter since the Brock fight. His last fight was mighty impressive.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiŠ
Mir is also a better fighter since the Brock fight. His last fight was mighty impressive.

I bet you are also waiting for Mir vs Lesnar 2!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #28
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I bet you are also waiting for Mir vs Lesnar 2!

I think Lesnar will dominate personally.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #29
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiŠ
I think Lesnar will dominate personally.

Definitely, he knows how to be patient now. Instead of just charging at his opponent and going for take downs right away, he is reading his opponent and waiting for the right time. Lesnar already has size and strength over everyone else, once he gets his ground game down hes gonna be pretty much unstoppable
Old 05-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #30
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Definitely, he knows how to be patient now. Instead of just charging at his opponent and going for take downs right away, he is reading his opponent and waiting for the right time. Lesnar already has size and strength over everyone else, once he gets his ground game down hes gonna be pretty much unstoppable

Bobby Lashley might have something to say about that. That guy is a MONSTER too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: