Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Arrow Champions League Final Thread

It's on at 2:45 EST tomorrow.

The defending champions Manchester United



vs.

Possibly the most prolific scoring team ever Barcelona



Featuring mega star power.

Ronaldo (FIFA player of the year)
Rooney (EPL player of the year contender)
Supersubs: Tevez and Berbatov
The greatest central defense in the world: Ferdinand and Vidic
The old guys: Scholes and Giggs

vs

The unstoppable offensive force: Messi (gonna be the next FIFA player of the year), E'to and Henry
Super talented midfield: Xavi and Iniesta
The man who will have to do everything on defense: Puyol

The legendary coach: Sir Alex Fergusson

vs

The green hometown hero: Guardiola


Suprisingly Man U have become big favorites amongst football fans. I hear the lines are pretty even though.

Barca is missing key players on defense and when you compare that to Man U's great defensive players (since they both have great offenses), that surely is the reason why.

Wonder how healthy the likes of Ferdinand and Iniesta are.

All eyez on Rome.


Last edited by i seen hippos : 05-26-2009 at 05:23 PM.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,769
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

I really don't care what happens as long as Berbatov reigns supreme and scores atleast once.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I really don't care what happens as long as Berbatov reigns supreme and scores atleast once.

Ya, I'd laugh at all of the Tevez nut huggers. Not saying I don't love him. But it's a little too much and not only do they support him, they bash Berbatov at the same time for no reason.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
GUUS
Banned
 
GUUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

i seen hippos are you drunk and high how is Messi an unstoppable force?

He is proven to be easily stopped, all you need is a speedy left back, or even just stick a speedy right back who has never player left back before to guard him.

He is so good because in Spain he is given all the time and space in the world because Spanish football is a joke, they don't play defense and don't close players down.

Messi will do nothing against Man Utd tomorrow like he did nothing against Chelsea, Fergie will have watched the game and seen how easily Messi was stopped by Ashley Cole and just tell Evra to do the same thing.
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,769
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Ya, I'd laugh at all of the Tevez nut huggers. Not saying I don't love him. But it's a little too much and not only do they support him, they bash Berbatov at the same time for no reason.
Yeah, Tevez is a good player, but I'll laugh if they don't bring him back next season. Berbatov is a fantastic player and was really something to watch when he played for the Spurs, but now at ManU, he isn't used as much. However, with a team as stacked as ManU is, you can't really blame them. Some players are going to not get as much playing time as they should.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Bruinlove, I said Messi, E'to and Henry together are an unstoppable force. And I used that as a title, not a fact. Of course teams have found ways to stop them at times.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Bean
Local High School Star
 
Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,359
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread



CLUTCH!

His and Henrys fitness will be crucial.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
GUUS
Banned
 
GUUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean


CLUTCH!

His and Henrys fitness will be crucial.
not clutch, more like fluke, lucky, and barely winners of a rigged game in their favor.

Everyone knows it should be Chelsea vs Man Utd in this, and that game would have been an actual even match, this final while it has potential, I'm pretty sure Barca will get owned.
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave
 
Knuck the Ficks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,163
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

I can't wait, hopefully the game lives up to the massive expectations I have for it.

It's really pointless to try and predict an outcome. We must remember that Chelsea were within one penalty kick of winning it last year so I disagree with the idiot above who said that Barcelona would "get owned."

That said United have to be the favourites because of the state of Barca's back four. I'm reading that Yaya will again play centre-back with Sylvinho (35 years old, used sparingly) replacing Abidal.

Win, lose or draw I would be shocked if United failed to score a goal tomorrow.
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
Raj Da Dodge
We Are Red Nation!
 
Raj Da Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 3,625
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Hell yea!!! Can't wait baby!!! Lets go Man U baby!!!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 20,861
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Oh dude thank you for reminding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've spaced and forgot about it.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,733
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

What channel?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What channel?

For you it should be ESPN. Perhaps ESPN 2, but this is bigger than the Superbowl so I'd say ESPN.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #14
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,024
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Every Champions League game has been on ESPN2, so I'm assuming that's the channel it will be on. And for the U.S. this is not anywhere near as big as the superbowl.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: Champions League Final Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Every Champions League game has been on ESPN2, so I'm assuming that's the channel it will be on. And for the U.S. this is not anywhere near as big as the superbowl.

No **** Sherlocke.

ESPN likes being hip though. They know there's a huge following in the US anyways. I think they'd showcase the biggest sports club event on earth on ESPN.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy