Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Police break innocent man's neck, leave him in a coma and paralized for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
I bet the cop's defense will be, "well why was he running then?" Sheeit, I see someone coming at me at 100 mph I'm getting the hell out of the way. It's our primitive instincts that take control at that point. Fight or flight. 99% of the time it's gonna be flight.
To me it looks as if the victim was completely unaware of what was going on, that he just continued to jog, not realising that officer was coming for him. If he was guilty and saw a cop running towards him, he would have run in the other direction.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Police break innocent man's neck, leave him in a coma and paralized for life

This video is beyond f*cked up.

Another point I'd like to add to the discussion... This could easily happen during a fight between two civilians, and if it did... Someone would be sued for every penny and thrown in jail for 20+ years...
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guy snapped his neck on the cervical vertebrae, That takes some serious force to do. The cop should be charged but he will most likely walk....discraceful
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Guy snapped his neck on the cervical vertebrae, That takes some serious force to do. The cop should be charged but he will most likely walk....discraceful

Has this video hit the major news networks yet? If not, Fox should grab a hold of this vid and let O'Reilly take care of the rest. Man is responsible for Megan's Law, fired professors, bankrupt newspapers, and crooked cops.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

No likes cops, and this is exactly why.

I remember this story, about this man who was at Vancouver airport. They tasered the man because he was holding a stapler.... a ****ing stapler. And they didn't just taser him once, but 5 times, which killed him. The officers excuse was he didn't go down after one shot, which the airport cameras clearly showed that he did.

If you are a police officer and you can't take down a guy holding a stapler, without using a taser, just resign.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #21
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
No likes cops, and this is exactly why.

I remember this story, about this man who was at Vancouver airport. They tasered the man because he was holding a stapler.... a ****ing stapler. And they didn't just taser him once, but 5 times, which killed him. The officers excuse was he didn't go down after one shot, which the airport cameras clearly showed that he did.

If you are a police officer and you can't take down a guy holding a stapler, without using a taser, just resign.

Was that the one about the Russian guy who had flown over to see his mom for the first time in years, and he got so confused at the airport because he didn't understand the language that he got aggravated and no one was sent in to calm him down and they just tazed him??
Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #22
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Funny thing is, there are people still defending the cops in the comments.

I don't agree with what the cops did but I wanted to offer a different take on your comment. I grew up in Pakistan where the Police cannot be relied on at all and they routinely do worse to people on a normal basis. A lot of times they are in with the local gangs and mafias and get a cut of the loot as well. So having grown up there I'll take police forces like ours in USA any time.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #23
GUUS
Banned

GUUS has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6THfDGy1hN4
more from the G20 riot

woman starts bitching at a cop, he backhands her in the face, she keeps whining, and he slugs her in the stomach with his baton flooring her
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Wow, that is disturbing as hell.

That cop shoud be fired.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #25
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

My god, that's a tad excessive to say the least.

And he'll get off for nothing too. ****en cops.

How could anyone defend that? What if that was you?
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #26
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Was that the one about the Russian guy who had flown over to see his mom for the first time in years, and he got so confused at the airport because he didn't understand the language that he got aggravated and no one was sent in to calm him down and they just tazed him??
Yup, I think he was Polish though. He got aggressive and and 4 RCMP officers, I repeat 4 officers couldn't gain control of him. And the only "weapon" he had was a stapler.

And ofcourse the officers were acquitted.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #27
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Yup, I think he was Polish though. He got aggressive and and 4 RCMP officers, I repeat 4 officers couldn't gain control of him. And the only "weapon" he had was a stapler.

And ofcourse the officers were acquitted.

Yeah but at the airport, where people have tried to use their shoes as bombs?

Try to look at it from their perspective. ANYONE can be a threat. ANYTHING can be a deadly weapon. If that stapler had been filled with plastic explosives and 5 people ended up being killed people would be up-in-arms over security being too lax.

I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point that you shouldn't get "aggressive"(or act out in any way) at an airport.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
Rockets(T-mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

Try to look at it from their perspective. ANYONE can be a threat. ANYTHING can be a deadly weapon. If that stapler had been filled with plastic explosives and 5 people ended up being killed people would be up-in-arms over security being too lax.

I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point that you shouldn't get "aggressive"(or act out in any way) at an airport.
Ok fine even if there was a bomb in the stapler, why was the man shot with the taser 5 times if he went down after 1 shot?

My point is that police now, don't seem to have much physical combat skills, it's see something start to happen, pull out the taser or gun.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #29
PistolPete
The Pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

I guess we failed to mention that it was the first time the guy's ever been on a flight or at an airport in his life. He was only feet away from his mother but because his documents were screwed up, they kept him in a restricted area when all he wanted to do was see his mom for the first time in years. He didn't speak the language and no one obviously spoke his so that's a recipe for disaster I suppose. I don't know man, I just think sometimes you have to make a moral judgment call and forget protocol.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I guess we failed to mention that it was the first time the guy's ever been on a flight or at an airport in his life. He was only feet away from his mother but because his documents were screwed up, they kept him in a restricted area when all he wanted to do was see his mom for the first time in years. He didn't speak the language and no one obviously spoke his so that's a recipe for disaster I suppose. I don't know man, I just think sometimes you have to make a moral judgment call and forget protocol.

I think in this day-and-age most people just inherently know not to act out at the airport, but I can buy that.

They tased him 5 times? lol, yeah that's excessive. That's some sh!t I would do in GTA.

Imagine that you're a cop though. You're on duty at one of the most lusted after targets in the world -- an airport. Some foreign guy's passport is flagged and starts acting a fool. You've been trained to approach every situation while considering the worst. The guy could have a bomb strapped to his chest. Do you believe he does? No, you believe in the inherent goodness of people, but then you recall your comrade who believed the same thing, and was shot point-blank in the face when casually approaching the driver's window after a minor traffic violation.

So, the foreign guy who doesn't speak a lick of English, whose passport has been flagged, who begins to act "aggressive", could potentially have a bomb strapped to his chest. Would you tackle him or tase him?
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: