Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: National Sales Tax under consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
So are you currently employed????

Yes. At Hutchinson Technology.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We got to pay for that right wing army somehow.

Gotta love Doomsday, Peja, and the rest of the posers who don't act on their convictions. They just come to a basketball forum and *****, *****, *****.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Well the point is, you said you're willing to pay more to help the government out. My point is that nobody is stopping you. You can send as much additional money as you wish to the IRS since you feel so strongly on this issue.

I pretty much have. I've helped pay off my mother's taxes before. Otherwise the IRS wouldn't have seen the money since she was going through health problems and couldn't catch up. I wouldn't say it was a pure donation since it was a debt, but it wasn't my debt to the IRS.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #19
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
We got to pay for that right wing army somehow.

Gotta love Doomsday, Peja, and the rest of the posers who don't act on their convictions. They just come to a basketball forum and *****, *****, *****.

LOL......I got news for you junior. This government has added 10 trillion to our national debt in the past few months and none of it has been from military spending.

By the way, what makes you think that I agree with excess military spending or interventionism in any fashion? More "You can't say anything because you obviously love Bush" rhetoric from mildly retarded Obama backers?

Last edited by PejaNowitzki : 05-27-2009 at 05:35 PM.
PejaNowitzki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

What do you in your career that makes you so willing to give away your money to the government???
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #21
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
I pretty much have. I've helped pay off my mother's taxes before. Otherwise the IRS wouldn't have seen the money since she was going through health problems and couldn't catch up. I wouldn't say it was a pure donation since it was a debt, but it wasn't my debt to the IRS.

Irrelevant. The point is, why aren't you giving more now since you believe so strongly in this. You clearly wish to support the government and what better way than to give them more money? What is stopping you?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
LOL......I got news for you junior. This government has added 10 trillion to our national debt in the past few months and none of it has been from military spending.

By the way, what makes you think that I agree with excess military spending or interventionism in any fashion? More "You can't say anything because you love Bush" rhetoric from mildly retarded Obama backers?

Oh well, that's life man. Do what you think you need to do to prosper in this country man. So far posting it on a basketball forum isn't doing much good I don't think, but to each his own. Good luck on fighting the issue (that is if you're fighting it) since you obviously care so much about it. Or are you one of those people who complain about something the government is doing, but do nothing about it but bitch?

"This is gay, I have to pay more taxes. I don't want to do this, but oh well I'm going to keep posting on ISH because I like to bitch and not act."

This is what it comes off as...
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #23
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Oh well, that's life man. Do what you think you need to do to prosper in this country man. So far posting it on a basketball forum isn't doing much good I don't think, but to each his own. Good luck on fighting the issue (that is if you're fighting it) since you obviously care so much about it. Or are you one of those people who complain about something the government is doing, but do nothing about it but bitch?

"This is gay, I have to pay more taxes. I don't want to do this, but oh well I'm going to keep posting on ISH because I like to bitch and not act."

This is what it comes off as...

I might be fuzzy on this concept, but forums are there for posting information. If you have issue with this thread, why bother posting then???

Also......don't you have better things to be doing, like writing those checks to Uncle Sam since you so clearly believe that they deserve it? Or are you just a bitter hypocrite who prefers to spend OTHER people's money, not your own so much.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

By the way, what makes you think that I agree with excess military spending or interventionism in any fashion? More "You can't say anything because you obviously love Bush" rhetoric from mildly retarded Obama backers?

I'm no junior, and who said that I said, you like military spending? The fact remains it dominates our budget and has to be paid for. I don't mind additional taxes if it means we retain social services and programs for the arts and sciences, because those get cut first in times like these.

Can you even leave the house? Aren't you crippled or some ****? Who are you talk down to everyone like you're some experienced dude living in the real world while everyone else is in their mom's basement?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #26
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Irrelevant. The point is, why aren't you giving more now since you believe so strongly in this. You clearly wish to support the government and what better way than to give them more money? What is stopping you?

The fact that I paid my dues? I've done more than what the government has asked of me. My family has given people to it's military (including one his life), I have no debts to the IRS. I've never cut corners. This in itself is all I need to do to pay the government back, because there's plenty of people out there cutting corners, lying about child support, lying about how their personal business, therefor lessening what taxes they should be paying legitimately.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
I'm no junior, and who said that I said, you like military spending? The fact remains it dominates our budget and has to be paid for. I don't mind additional taxes if it means we retain social services and programs for the arts and sciences, because those get cut first in times like these.

Can you even leave the house? Aren't you crippled or some ****? Who are you talk down to everyone like you're some experienced dude living in the real world while everyone else is in their mom's basement?

Exactly. I guess people expect the debt to just magically go away and for these services to be free.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #28
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
I'm no junior, and who said that I said, you like military spending? The fact remains it dominates our budget and has to be paid for.

Military spending has decreased, not increased. If you think that additional money generated from this ridiculous tax is going to be used on military spending, well you've hit the crack pipe hard one times too many.

Quote:

I don't mind additional taxes if it means we retain social services and programs for the arts and sciences, because those get cut first in times like these.

Oh yes, Washington's got a good track record for responsible spending. In the meantime, people are going to be paying more for everything. Nothing like stifling an economic in the midst of a recession like charging more for basic staples such as milk and eggs, not to mention clothing and so on. That'll be a boost to all those folks who are currently out of work and the businesses that are struggling.

Quote:

Last edited by PejaNowitzki : 05-27-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #29
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
The fact that I paid my dues? I've done more than what the government has asked of me. My family has given people to it's military (including one his life), I have no debts to the IRS. I've never cut corners. This in itself is all I need to do to pay the government back, because there's plenty of people out there cutting corners, lying about child support, lying about how their personal business, therefor lessening what taxes they should be paying legitimately.

You haven't done enough yet. You yourself said it.....or did you mean that "WE should give more", usually hypocrites do when they say things like that.

Now stop being a hypocrite and go pony up, Uncle Sam is waiting.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #30
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I guess people expect the debt to just magically go away and for these services to be free.

Yes, obviously the thing to do is to create new revenues of money, and then increase spending and the defict even further. They're not promoting this tax to pay off the deficit and to balance budgets, they are using it to fund all sorts of new spending that most likely wouldn't even include national healthcare. We're already staring at a trillion dollar yearly deficit for the next 5 years, and at minimum, 500 billion for the 10 after that.

Seriously, I don't believe you about your job anymore. Unless you're like the janitor or something. Nobody can be this dim.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: