Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #16
liljjbarrea

Default Re: Cant play ball anymore at the park closest to my house...

Unless they're idiots, they're not gon merk you right in front of a bunch of witnesses..
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
Me and my boys go to this park down the street to play some pickup once or twice a week.. FYI we are college educated mexicans..

Anyways, the other night we are playing a good game but things start to get physical with these ghetto black dudes and they start calling some BS (but everyone is calling BS at this point its a crucial time of the ballgame)..

well anyways my boy calls out one of the black dudes for calling phantom fouls and shlt.. black dudes start getting mad and are about to fight..

now I aint one to backdown from a fair fight, but something tells me these are the types of dudes that carry guns, knives and all that BS.. so what am I supposed to do? I cant guard the main player hard for fear of fouling him now and starting a fight that brings in guns..
so basically Im losing on purpose. Its a shltty feeling that I dont wanna go through anymore. 5on5 organized ball we wreck on these dudes.

Realistically, its very easy to carry a gun nowadays. Am I bltchmade for not getting into with these dudes? Id think not. But let me know.

I remember a day when black dudes were good at hoops. It is a shame they can no longer win without resorting to these tactics.

Taking the path of least resistance is a smart move when you are up against unstable people (guys who bring weapons to the court are yes, unstable).

Kinda sucks though because you wanna play ahrd, but now you can't.

Maybe you could be like Ed Norton and his skinhead buddies and challenge them to a game for the court.

Can you do a two hand reverse off one leg?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #18
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I remember a day when black dudes were good at hoops. It is a shame they can no longer win without resorting to these tactics.

I remember a day when the basketball court had value, integrity, and honor. People show up, play hard, and go home happy, regardless of race. If theres a confrontation, fine.. every now and then even a fight may break out, but always 1on1, always fair, always honorable..

Now you got people showing up to courts with their thuggery and bullshlt antics.. its not right. Whatever.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

I have a similar story. My friends and I hooped at this court for a decade. It was basically OUR court. We always had good bball there, no matter how intense everyone always had respect for each other. Tempers over blown occasionaly, but no ones safety was ever at question.

Then they dudes who moved up from Seattle started coming around (this is in Vancouver btw) and these guys started ruining bball for everyone. I hate throwing games, but we didnt feel like switching our court of 10 years so we had to dog it. Play competitively enough to make it interesting for these guys, but not play to ****ty either, or it wasnt worth their time. It sucked cuz we knew full well we could roll these guys at the drop of a hat.

And then finally my friends older brother and his friends came to ball and we all sat back and watched what we knew was gunna happen. The gang fellas got massacred (friends bro's crew were some flat ballers) and surprise surprise a huge 5 on 5 brawl broke out.

A lot of blood shed a few broken noses, but on the brightside it stopped those guys from coming around.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #20
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
FYI we are college educated mexicans..
There's your problem right there. Street-educated Mexicans would have known the answer to this right away, and you'd still have your court.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Can't be scared out there on the court unless you're in your teens or early 20's. If you're older than that, you have to come hard at these guys or not come at all. If they want to fight you, then you walk away, but don't let them chump you on the court. You play your game, let them play theirs. Again, if it comes down to them wanting to fight, then you walk away because you are obviously smarter than these guys, but if they're just whining and complaining, use that as motivation to hit the game winning shot and running their sorry asses off the court.

Bottom line, you CANNOT live in fear
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
There's your problem right there. Street-educated Mexicans would have known the answer to this right away, and you'd still have your court.

Actually that's not his problem, that's what gave the story away as being false. There's no such thing as college educated Mexicans.

And if you were a self-respecting Mexican, you'd have your own shank or gun or some weapon of mass destruction on you to readily deal with these supposed "thugs"
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
I remember a day when the basketball court had value, integrity, and honor. People show up, play hard, and go home happy, regardless of race. If theres a confrontation, fine.. every now and then even a fight may break out, but always 1on1, always fair, always honorable..

Now you got people showing up to courts with their thuggery and bullshlt antics.. its not right. Whatever.

I agree.....

I play ball at a gym about 3 times a week....always got some guys whinning about losing or people not making good shots....irks me...Im like were not the NBA..where it matters...its just a pick up game...people are going to miss shots..its part of the game.....I just hate the cry-baby "ballers" I mean I wanna win just like the next guy...but I dont act like a b**tch about it.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My one black story took place in highschool.

We went up against an undefeated team the last game of the season on their home court. We win. The school has a lot of blacks for that part of town.

Anyways we're getting heckled the entire game. We win in the end. Back in the dressing room three black girls come in and start talking ****. Right in our dressing room. Now my team had one black guy and the rest of us are white. So one of the chicks takes one of our guys gatorade, poors it on the floor and throws it at my buddy next to me. He chucks it back right as the black dudes walk in and it hits him. lol

My buddy nearly pissed his pants, but he was actually level headed and once my buddy explained it, he ripped into the girl and they left.

So their principal comes in to congratulate us, and our captain tells him what happened. His response was "I come in here to congratulate you guys and you're complaining?" lol

At that point we just wanted to get out of the ghetto (not really a ghetto...just an average neighbourhood, but our school was the prep/snob school according to anyone I've ever met).
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #25
Darkwing Duck
Get on my level

Darkwing Duck has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
how bad of an area do you live in? there are only a couple places where you genuinely gotta worry about getting shot over a basketball game. at that point, i wouldn't have made it look like i was playing while i was losing on purpose, but i woulda made it obvious that i was losing on purpose. in this case, i woulda done stuff like puttin' my hands behind my back while strafing on defense, and once they was like "why you ain't playin' real D" then just be like "i'm tryin' not to foul you" in a sarcastic tone. but yeah, story of my life. black people getting mad when you beat them at basketball.

for real.
Darkwing Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #26
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I dont mind people whining and complaining and calling bullshlt fouls.. but starting fights over a freakin pickup game? No matter how intense the game gets, there shouldnt be a fight unless a flagrant 2 type foul is committed..

Im talkin we are just reaching and going for the rock on their drives/shots, we accidently foul or get body and then theyre tryna fight us? That ****s wack.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #27
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan

I agree.....

I play ball at a gym about 3 times a week....always got some guys whinning about losing or people not making good shots....irks me...Im like were not the NBA..where it matters...its just a pick up game...people are going to miss shots..its part of the game.....I just hate the cry-baby "ballers" I mean I wanna win just like the next guy...but I dont act like a b**tch about it.

I literally decided not to complain about anything while playing ball. Im just there now to get exercise first then win second. Its not a big deal too me, its just that some guys get pissed when you show them up.

A couple of players from the nearby hs just hopped on the court and thought they were hotshots yesterday. I pinned the bigmans dropstep on the backboard and blocked one of there guards...They took it as if I was talking **** to them and started getting pretty pissed especially the big man(I scored on him a decent amount too). Then I tried to help the young buck then he got even more angry. I dont get why kids would want to come play ball on a court they expect to just dominate, isnt the point to get better?

There was a time when I went to these very same courts and the older players helped with my game. Now the kids just think they are better then they are, and want to fight when they lose or start calling bs. I dont even call fouls anymore, unless someone just intentionally fouls me. Its sad that kids would rather win by calling more fouls then playing better basketball.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #28
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man fuck that... I hate that sh!t... all you are trying to do is ball and then ppl are trying to start a fight?

I hate it when ppl start calling some BS calls and then the whole game they are fouling you and sh!t... and its like "bro, are you serious? I'm not calling anything"

The only time I'll usually call a foul is when im just tired of getting fouled, so I'll call it so that they could calm down with the fouls and so that iim not allowing them to think they are getting me clean. If they keep on fouling, im not going to call the fould EVERYTIME.. so I'll just be like "A, bro.. clean it up a little man, your hacking me"

and if someone doesnt repect that, and they want to fight then **** it. keep on playing and win the next game..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #29
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yes you can!
bring your own gun.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #30
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boy do I hate people that call ***** ass calls on the court. I'm the type that usually has to end up on the ground hurting for me to call anything. I know one time I was playing real tough defense on this one fool and he was much bigger and stronger than me. I eventually got in his head and he wanted to go outside and go at it. Bunch of weak ass men. They make me sick.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: