Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #31
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cant play ball anymore at the park closest to my house...

^True enough eh. Last week my cousin and I see four guys who are all probably 16-17 range. We challenge them to a game and give us their worst player to try and be fair as possible (we're older 25 and 31) and they scoff at us and they're all like "I'm not playing with those old guys". One of their guys gets tired of arguing and agrees to play with us.

Not even half way though the game, 9-1 for us actually and the punks throw a fit and walk off the court. Why not stick it out and try and learn from this experience. I paid my dues from the older guys. Thats just how it works. I should of taken their ball away for being such *****es.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #32
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

this is kidna unrelated to the topic but it kinda reminded me of it.. i had a couple of friends who tried to rob this big black dude a couple of years ago.. the black dude opened up his backpack and pulled out a sawed off shotty..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #33
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember when I played against older opponents, ha, I killed them. They played hard though, and I did learn one thing, watch out for those damn elbows. I got hit with elbows on both cheeks(the face) while, my team full of HS students, dominated. The whole time, I was saying "cant touch this"
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #34
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

On a side note, it depends who you play with. Back in the day I preferred playing with blacks because it raised my game up a ton. They were quicker, faster, and jumped higher so I had to compensate by working on my jumper. To this day I'm pretty lethal from outside the arc, but I'm also equally as good inside the paint as I grew to appreciate the toughness that was associated in some of these playground pick-up games. I'm old enough now not to put up with anyone who's "chirpin" out there. I don't care what color you are, if you're going for an easy lay-up, I'm hacking. If I block your shot, I'll yell at you for bringing that weak stuff at me. But, like I said before, it depends on who you play with. Some people will take that stuff to heart and get offended, while on the other hand, and for the most part, it challenges them to play better and they adapt. I haven't had a basketball scuffle in years.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #35
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

So you're not gonna hoop at that court because of some random dudes who ain't did nothin' yet? Just go up there tomorrow and hoop.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 AM   #36
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
So you're not gonna hoop at that court because of some random dudes who ain't did nothin' yet? Just go up there tomorrow and hoop.

I second that. Also just because they are black, it does not mean that they have guns and knives. I have balled all over Los Angeles and Compton and I have seen a few fights but I have never seen guns or knives used in a fight over a pickup game.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #37
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Damn, I wish I had a bball court near my house...but at least people don't carry guns here.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: