Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Default Rudy Gay for Amare?

We dont do this deal unless there is a contract extension in place with Amare, well he'll probably resign here anyways because we have the most money to do so, Amare would be foolish to leave the money on the table.

Quote:
Phoenix:Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, #2 Overall Pick
Memphis:Amare Stoudemire, Goran Dragic, #14 Overall Pick

It makes sense for both teams and solves a need for the Grizzlies.

When healthy Amare is the most talented PF in the NBA, and he solidifies our frontcourt at the PF position, and gain the #14 pick where we can land either Clark,Daye,Henderson,Johnson,or Budinger depending who is still available.

Phoenix replaces Amare with an athletic wing to build for the future around, and gains leverage with the #2 pick to possibly draft Rubio while serving as a back-up to Nash for 1/2-1 full season.

Phoenix:
PG-Nash/Rubio
SG-Richardson/Barbosa
SF-Gay/Barnes
PF-Warrick/Swift
C-Shaq/Lopez

Memphis:
PG-Conley/Dragic
SG-Mayo/
SF-Clark/
PF-Stoudemire/Arthur
C-Gasol/Darko/Iran

Last edited by Interminator : 05-28-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Rudy Gay for Amare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
We dont do this deal unless there is a contract extension in place with Amare, well he'll probably resign here anyways because we have the most money to do so, Amare would be foolish to leave the money on the table.

It makes sense for both teams and solves a need for the Grizzlies.

When healthy Amare is the most talented PF in the NBA, and he solidifies our frontcourt at the PF position, and gain the #14 pick where we can land either Clark,Daye,Henderson,Johnson,or Budinger depending who is still available.

Phoenix replaces Amare with an athletic wing to build for the future around, and gains leverage with the #2 pick to possibly draft Rubio while serving as a back-up to Nash for 1/2-1 full season.

Phoenix:
PG-Nash/Rubio
SG-Richardson/Barbosa
SF-Gay/Barnes
PF-Warrick/Swift
C-Shaq/Lopez

Memphis:
PG-Conley/Dragic
SG-Mayo/
SF-Clark/
PF-Stoudemire/Arthur
C-Gasol/Darko/Iran

I would like this deal but there are three flaws

1. I would think that Pheonix would want something mor as well. We should also give them Darko's expiring contract.

2. Only if Amare agrees to an extention before he gets traded would i do this if I were Chris Wallace. I mean, he will be a free agent after next season and he would be looking to go somewhere where he could truly be a star.

3. Warrick is still a free agent. We would have to resign him first for this trade to happen, wouldn't you think?

Do these flaws make sense? Other than all that, I'm 50-50 on this trade.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

The suns wanted more during the season. I think they would want more. Probably another pick. Or more.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
The suns wanted more during the season. I think they would want more. Probably another pick. Or more.
Is it worth throwing in #27 to get it done?

I remember the Suns wanting Conley, Gay, & Warrick from us, but they would've thrown something extra in return if we agreed to it.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
I would like this deal but there are three flaws

1. I would think that Pheonix would want something mor as well. We should also give them Darko's expiring contract.
Deal.

Quote:
2. Only if Amare agrees to an extention before he gets traded would i do this if I were Chris Wallace. I mean, he will be a free agent after next season and he would be looking to go somewhere where he could truly be a star.
Name the other places in 2010 where he could go & truly become a star.
Mayo/Stoudemire could be our Kobe & Shaq, well not exactly but you get the point.

Quote:
3. Warrick is still a free agent. We would have to resign him first for this trade to happen, wouldn't you think?
Yeah he would have to agree to a sign & trade.
Thats easy considering we have his bird rights, and we can sign him to what he feels is his value($6 Million) rather than looking for a MLE offer on the open market and us being able to match it and bring him back cheaper than what he wanted.

I like Hakim but he is going to get a rude awakening on the Free Agent market, most teams just naturally arent going to go over $4-$5 Million for a 27 year old tweener SF/PF without elite scoring ability.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Is it worth throwing in #27 to get it done?

I remember the Suns wanting Conley, Gay, & Warrick from us, but they would've thrown something extra in return if we agreed to it.

They also wanted our top pick next year. They were being very unreasonalble during trade talks. But we can sit here here and debate trades and what not. It all comes down to the grizzlies doing what they think is best.

Which usually is not good for anyone but heisleys check book
Old 05-29-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

If this trade were to happen, I'd want Clark 100%. That way, with scoring being taken care of at the 2 and 4 by Mayo and Stoudemire, we can have Clark, who has a nice all around game filling in at the 3. He's got great length, agility, he flows with the game, he has solid defense and can defend the 2, 3 and could defend a bit of the 4 aswell. He also doesn't have a go to scoring mentality, which could be a major knock on him, but if he's going to be playing with the likes of Mayo and Stoudemire, that wouldn't exactly be a bad thing.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Has everyone forgotten he's recovering from a very serious eye injury?

Has everyone forgotten when healthy hes the most talented PF in the NBA.

When Amare isn't 100% mentally or physically he still is better than Pau Gasol, you can take that how you want.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Has everyone forgotten he's recovering from a very serious eye injury?

I dont think that will be an issue.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

I am skeptical about this trade b/c I don't know much about Dragic. And if we can get Earl Clark to replace Rudy, I would do this, I guess
Either way, don't do this trade unless Amare agrees to an ex. (like that's going to happen...)
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I am skeptical about this trade b/c I don't know much about Dragic. And if we can get Earl Clark to replace Rudy, I would do this, I guess
Either way, don't do this trade unless Amare agrees to an ex. (like that's going to happen...)
It all depends on the money.

Amare isn't exactly a Bright Lights Big City guy, Memphis is big enough for him considering he almost came here before to play for the Tigers.

The issue is money, if we offered him a 6/$95 Million Dollar extension he would sign immediately.

He provides an anchor in the post on offense & defense.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #12
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
It all depends on the money.

Amare isn't exactly a Bright Lights Big City guy, Memphis is big enough for him considering he almost came here before to play for the Tigers.

The issue is money, if we offered him a 6/$95 Million Dollar extension he would sign immediately.

He provides an anchor in the post on offense & defense.

Yeah, he thinks he could play in New York. Who is he kidding?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I saw some interviews and reports on him. He really is leaning towards new york or washington as his next destination.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah I saw some interviews and reports on him. He really is leaning towards new york or washington as his next destination.

Well, both of those teams fit. He wants to go to NYC because of D'antoni's system, obviously. I'm guessing that he wants to play with the stars in Washington, but the wizards will have to give up Butler or Jamison. I think it's Jamison.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Well, both of those teams fit. He wants to go to NYC because of D'antoni's system, obviously. I'm guessing that he wants to play with the stars in Washington, but the wizards will have to give up Butler or Jamison. I think it's Jamison.

Very true it seems like he knows that the east is weak on big men. He knows he could dominate that confrence.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: