Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Default Antichrist!

the new film from controversial film maker lars von trier has turned cannes critics/reporters into seething outrage. half of them are claiming it the most depraved and offensive film ever- it features a women cutting off her clit and william defoe dropping a boulder on his knob!- half the audience claiming it is a deep artistic masterpiece. von trier was attacked at the press conference some idiot writer who demanded he explain himself and why he made the film to which he responded "Im the worlds most important director.. I dont make films for the audience .. so I dont have to explain my art"

the man has the right idea and what ive seen of his work- mainly breaking the waves, he is a totally uncomprimising art house director, totally refreashing for a reletively big name to have this approach, i full encourage it 100%. and antichrist looks awesome. very striking visually and Charlotte Gainsbourg won the acting award at cannes, im hoping this film is gonna be awesome.

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-TN...rom=PL&index=1

has anyone seen dancer in the dark?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Default Re: Antichrist!

Cutting off her clit???? Why??
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Cutting off her clit???? Why??
you do realize that this happens to millions of women as a type of female circumcision? Depending on the culture, its either a clitorectomy or a labiectomy
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

no idea but i wouldnt worry about having to see that, the cinema cut- if it ever gets a u.s/u.k distributer will not have that scene in it i suspect.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
the new film from controversial film maker lars von trier has turned cannes critics/reporters into seething outrage. half of them are claiming it the most depraved and offensive film ever- it features a women cutting off her clit and william defoe dropping a boulder on his knob!- half the audience claiming it is a deep artistic masterpiece. von trier was attacked at the press conference some idiot writer who demanded he explain himself and why he made the film to which he responded "Im the worlds most important director.. I dont make films for the audience .. so I dont have to explain my art"

the man has the right idea and what ive seen of his work- mainly breaking the waves, he is a totally uncomprimising art house director, totally refreashing for a reletively big name to have this approach, i full encourage it 100%. and antichrist looks awesome. very striking visually and Charlotte Gainsbourg won the acting award at cannes, im hoping this film is gonna be awesome.

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-TN...rom=PL&index=1

has anyone seen dancer in the dark?

I haven't seen dancer in the dark since I deeply despise that ***** Bjork, but I've seen Idioterne by Trier and that was a truly great film.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
A. Blackmon
Banned

Quote:
no idea but i wouldnt worry about having to see that, the cinema cut- if it ever gets a u.s/u.k distributer will not have that scene in it i suspect.

Internet download!
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
DanielC

Everyone knows that Obama is the antichrist duh!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

And the award for the most disturbing trailer I've ever seen .... goes to this one.

Count me out on this movie...

and Count me out on Drag me to Hell.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Scary if you're a 5 year old girl.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
von trier was attacked at the press conference some idiot writer who demanded he explain himself and why he made the film to which he responded "Im the worlds most important director.. I dont make films for the audience .. so I dont have to explain my art"

I'd knock him on his ass for such unabashed arrogance too. Tell him if he didn't get real humble real quick he wouldn't be makin any more films/art.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
GiveItToBurrito

It looks interesting, I might see it because of Defoe and to see if it's as shocking as it's billed to be.

I saw most of Dancer In The Dark (I don't know anyone who's actually sat through the whole thing) and it was semi-interesting but very uncomfortable to watch. I could see how Trier could call himself the most important director in the world considering how much some of the more pretentious critics suck his dick. I definitely don't agree with it, but I can see where the megalomania is coming from. *sigh* if only people could stop giving acclaim to movies solely for being different and quirky and would start judging them based more on how good they are...
Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
PistolPete
The Pistol

They sure do make ****ty movies nowadays
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

I heard it was getting dogged at Cannes. Like people were outraged because all the controversial stuff they said was not redeemed enuff to be included. I'm gunna see it cuz Willem Dafoe always makes interesting choices.

I'm gunna see it cuz the damn thing is called AntiChrist. I've always been fascinated by the theme of good vs. evil. Especially used as a plot device. The pure unadulterated forces that may govern and emcompass our entire existence. That always has me compelled. Count me in, even though it very well be a pretentious piece of trash.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: