Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #16
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: Sixers hire Eddie Jordan as their new head coach

Their offense will be a lot better, although the defense won't be quite what it was. It'll be interesting to see how Andre Miller, Williams, and Iggy do in the system, too, considering how much it favors scoring point guards and shooting guards who can handle the ball. It's a good hire, although Jordan would have been better on the Kings.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
Their offense will be a lot better, although the defense won't be quite what it was. It'll be interesting to see how Andre Miller, Williams, and Iggy do in the system, too, considering how much it favors scoring point guards and shooting guards who can handle the ball. It's a good hire, although Jordan would have been better on the Kings.

Andre Miller is a free agent. Whether he returns or not is anyones guess. The draft is where Sixers will be lookin for a PG regardess if Miller signs or not. Thad Young should excel in his offense.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
Miller isn't coming back.

I'd be happier if we had only given him 2 years. And didn't it just come out that Doug Collins/Jeff Van Gundy were going to be contacted for interviews? Did they decline? Or were those just false rumors? Eddie Jordan is decent. That's about it. I don't like the princeton offense in the pros. As far as EJ on defense...is he a poor defensive coach or did he just have a lack of defensive personnel? (I'm not trying to support him, just asking if anyone knows)

Seasons with the Wiz

'04-'05 23rd in defensive ppg/24th in defensive fg%/21st in defensive 3fg%
'05-'06 21st in defensive ppg/23rd in defensive fg%/20th in defensive 3fg%
'06-'07 28th in defensive ppg/27th in defensive fg%/29th in defensive 3fg%
'07-'08 12th in defensive ppg/19th in defensive fg%/29th in defensive 3fg%

If he allows teams to score 100+ on us every night the boo birds are going to come out quick.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #19
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Andre Miller is a free agent. Whether he returns or not is anyones guess. The draft is where Sixers will be lookin for a PG regardess if Miller signs or not. Thad Young should excel in his offense.

Yeah, I know, I'm just assuming he will since the only team that he would fit in on that's actually looking for a point guard is Portland, and I just don't see many reasonable deals between the two teams as far as a sign and trade.

It'll be interesting to see who they draft, since I doubt anyone good enough to start will fall to the 18th spot or wherever Philly is drafting. Curry would be ideal for the system and the personnel, and he might even be able to contribute immediately, but I haven't heard much about the 76ers trying to trade up to get him.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Miller isn't coming back.

I'd be happier if we had only given him 2 years. And didn't it just come out that Doug Collins/Jeff Van Gundy were going to be contacted for interviews? Did they decline? Or were those just false rumors? Eddie Jordan is decent. That's about it. I don't like the princeton offense in the pros. As far as EJ on defense...is he a poor defensive coach or did he just have a lack of defensive personnel? (I'm not trying to support him, just asking if anyone knows)

Seasons with the Wiz

'04-'05 23rd in defensive ppg/24th in defensive fg%/21st in defensive 3fg%
'05-'06 21st in defensive ppg/23rd in defensive fg%/20th in defensive 3fg%
'06-'07 28th in defensive ppg/27th in defensive fg%/29th in defensive 3fg%
'07-'08 12th in defensive ppg/19th in defensive fg%/29th in defensive 3fg%

If he allows teams to score 100+ on us every night the boo birds are going to come out quick.

As far as EJ's defense, yeah, it's pretty poor. Part of it could be who he's had on his teams, though. Washington the last few years had a complete black hole in Antawn Jamison, a couple of guys who love to gamble for blocks and steals (Larry Hughes, Gilbert Arenas, Etan Thomas, and Caron Butler), and no real stoppers other than sort of Jared Jeffries and Deshawn Stevenson. Philly's got enough long and athletic young guys that I think they'll be able to compensate for Jordan's shortcomings as long as they keep on putting in effort, hence my belief that Jordan's a good fit.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think there's any way Miller is back. I saw something in the Miami Herald that the Heat were interested in him. With so much money tied up in Iggy/Brand/Dalembert, plus next year we'll owe Thaddeus Young money, Philly will just let his big contract walk.

When you add in what happened at the end of the season, with Miller deciding to skip the end of season meeting, I doubt it rubbed well with management. I never had a problem with Andre. He's a cool customer and more often than not was our best player on the floor. But giving him a deal of 3+ years would only be worth it if management saw us winning a championship in the next 2 years with this nucleus, which obviously is not happening.

I expect to see Lou starting at the PG spot next year even if we do go PG first round. I doubt whoever we draft is good enough to start as a rookie. Next season should be ugly. Welcome to Philly Eddie! Don't be scared!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #22
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

LOL on philly.com you can vote "Is Eddie Jordan the right choice?"

Yes- 23.9%
No- 76.1%
Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #23
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
LOL on philly.com you can vote "Is Eddie Jordan the right choice?"

Yes- 23.9%
No- 76.1%

Is it better than Doug Collins?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

Is it better than Doug Collins?
People know more about Doug so they would have welcomed him better. But supposedly he didn't even get an interview. It was reported yesterday that Van Gundy/Collins were going to be contacted for an interview and today we have a coach.

People who got interviews:

Eddie Jordan (twice)
Dwane Casey (twice)
Tom Thibodeau
Kurt Rambis
Chris Ford
Jay Wright

what a list
Old 05-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #25
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I would rather see Iverson back in philly before I see EJ coaching the team.

I guess it doesn't matter after the goose egg they laid against orlando
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #26
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Since Eddie Jordan enjoys scoring guards...

maybe........

just maybe......

Philly brings in........

Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Won't happen. Ed Snider wouldn't allow it. If he wants a scoring guard then try to make a good career out of...

He'll more than likely be the starting PG next season.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
People know more about Doug so they would have welcomed him better. But supposedly he didn't even get an interview. It was reported yesterday that Van Gundy/Collins were going to be contacted for an interview and today we have a coach.

People who got interviews:

Eddie Jordan (twice)
Dwane Casey (twice)
Tom Thibodeau
Kurt Rambis
Chris Ford
Jay Wright

what a list
I like Thibodeau as a candidate, but I also think Patrick Ewing should've gotten an interview.

Derek Kellogg hasnt proven anything yet but he is a very good coach who probably fits better in the NBA due to his coaching methods.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #29
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Won't happen. Ed Snider wouldn't allow it. If he wants a scoring guard then try to make a good career out of...

He'll more than likely be the starting PG next season.
I really like Williams, he could be good but without Andre Miller they will have to rely on him more as a playmaker.

Whats the beef between Snider & AI?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
CarpeDiemKJ
I hit open layups

CarpeDiemKJ has an OK reputation so far

Great hire. His system and that roster goes together like hit and run.
CarpeDiemKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: