Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #31
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Sixers hire Eddie Jordan as their new head coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I really like Williams, he could be good but without Andre Miller they will have to rely on him more as a playmaker.

Whats the beef between Snider & AI?

Dunno, but if I had 3 guesses I bet I could get close
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #32
CarpeDiemKJ
I hit open layups

CarpeDiemKJ has an OK reputation so far

Sixer fan, would you bring back A.I.?
CarpeDiemKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #33
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I really like Williams, he could be good but without Andre Miller they will have to rely on him more as a playmaker.

Whats the beef between Snider & AI?
Started with AI skipping "fan appreciation" activities at the end of '05-'06, then the whole fiasco with Ed Snider saying in a courtside interview that Iverson had demanded a trade and that "they would accommodate it" and Iverson saying Snider was lying and that it never happened but he would leave if asked. Then Snider had Iverson stay away from practices/games until they could trade him. And the "Jamal Tinsley treatment" started here (cleaning out his locker before traded, etc.). The relationship had a very ugly ending. It'd only be a matter of time before he had a problem with Jordan (had run-ins with Larry Brown at the start, Randy Ayers, Chris Ford, Jim O'Brien, and Mo Cheeks).

The Iverson era in Philly is done. It's the same as Brett Favre pretty much. The fans love him. The city appreciates him. And the team will celebrate his history every time he visits. But he's not allowed back on the team.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #34
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
People know more about Doug so they would have welcomed him better. But supposedly he didn't even get an interview. It was reported yesterday that Van Gundy/Collins were going to be contacted for an interview and today we have a coach.

People who got interviews:

Eddie Jordan (twice)
Dwane Casey (twice)
Tom Thibodeau
Kurt Rambis
Chris Ford
Jay Wright

what a list

There weren't really that many options, though. Saunders could have worked, but Washington snapped him up over a month ago. Avery Johnson is the only other high profile guy, but he doesn't really seem like the type of guy who Philly would want, since he's a defensive coach and their d is already good enough. Casey doesn't seem bad, but he's been nowhere near as successful as Eddie Jordan. Thibodeau is the only guy on that list who I might have chosen over Jordan.

Also, if Andre Miller really does leave and Williams becomes the point guard, the offense is going to get a lot worse, so it makes sense to have a coach who can call plays on offense with the best of them. Williams can fill it up and he's a decent playmaker, but he really doesn't seem like someone you would want as your point guard, and I'm kind of afraid of Philly having a Golden State-like drop off next year if they can't draft someone who can contribute immediately.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #35
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Started with AI skipping "fan appreciation" activities at the end of '05-'06, then the whole fiasco with Ed Snider saying in a courtside interview that Iverson had demanded a trade and that "they would accommodate it" and Iverson saying Snider was lying and that it never happened but he would leave if asked. Then Snider had Iverson stay away from practices/games until they could trade him. And the "Jamal Tinsley treatment" started here (cleaning out his locker before traded, etc.). The relationship had a very ugly ending. It'd only be a matter of time before he had a problem with Jordan (had run-ins with Larry Brown at the start, Randy Ayers, Chris Ford, Jim O'Brien, and Mo Cheeks).

The Iverson era in Philly is done. It's the same as Brett Favre pretty much. The fans love him. The city appreciates him. And the team will celebrate his history every time he visits. But he's not allowed back on the team.

I guess that makes sense.

Realistically what do you see Philly doing this offseason?

Does their core of Iggy,Thad,Brand,and Sam Dam stick together?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #36
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Given the Stefanski - Jordan ties, we could see this coming. Still, I had hopes in Thibodeau.

Probably won't get the Sixers anywhere they haven't recently been. The team will be needing some defense. Let's see how Brand gels into this.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #37
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I guess that makes sense.

Realistically what do you see Philly doing this offseason?

Does their core of Iggy,Thad,Brand,and Sam Dam stick together?
Sam doesn't want to be here. We don't want him here. But there's nobody who wants him, and the only way to get rid of him is to package him with Thad. They'll go PG with the 17th pick. And they'll try to find a shooter through free agency, but if they don't find one that can get on the floor it doesn't really matter.

Willie Green/Reggie Evans are also guys they'd like to move, particularly Evans to open up room for Speights. Jason Smith coming back from injury will replace what Ratliff gave us in terms of production. Green is a decent role player but a shooting guard that can't shoot. Opposite of what we need. Miller will walk.

I see a boring offseason ahead.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm the only Sixer fan who likes this move. lol

Think Eddie is going to surprise us. I'm anxious to see who we end up drafting. After watching that draft combine I want Stephon Curry man.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #39
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Think Eddie is going to surprise us. I'm anxious to see who we end up drafting. After watching that draft combine I want Stephon Curry man.

surely there was someone better out there? no?
who knows...time will tell.
With a healthy Elton Brand, fully integrated, they could make some real noise.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #40
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:

I'd love Curry. He'd have to have a Jeremy Maclin type day though.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
surely there was someone better out there? no?
who knows...time will tell.
With a healthy Elton Brand, fully integrated, they could make some real noise.

Not sure...it seems Eddie Jordan was thier guy all along.Stephen A Smith reported this when Mo Cheeks was fired. That he was thier guy. So I doubt Sixers were really serious at other contestants.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #42
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not sure...it seems Eddie Jordan was thier guy all along.Stephen A Smith reported this when Mo Cheeks was fired. That he was thier guy. So I doubt Sixers were really serious at other contestants.

side note: I once met Mo Cheeks walking down a side street in SoHo Manhattan. I stopped him to say hi. He was very gracious.
what a great Philly team that was...'80? '81?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #43
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Sixers hire Eddie Jordan as thier new HC

This was the NJ connection at work. Like it says in the article, Ed Stefanski was the GM of the Nets while Eddie Jordan was a relatively highly touted assistant coach. Had he not left that off season he did he would've taken over as Nets coach instead of Frank.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #44
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

Bla,wish he was still in washington.Are owner got Butthurt after an 0-5 start and are new guy wasent any better.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #45
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good hire. Quality coach. Him and Sam Mitchell should've never been fired this season. I hate it when bad teams blame their coaches for losses.
Good luck to coach Jordan and the sixers next season.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: