Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Eddie Jordan 76ers new head coach

not too stoked
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

nicsman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eddie Jordan 76ers new head coach

Hey he's not everyone's ideal candidate, but let's at least give him a chance eh? EJ could turn out to be a great coach for this team.
nicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah atleast hes a established coach in the nba and has done ok. anything is better then dileo .
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll just copy and paste my posts from in the NBA forum on this topic...

Quote:
I'd be happier if we had only given him 2 years. And didn't it just come out that Doug Collins/Jeff Van Gundy were going to be contacted for interviews? Did they decline? Or were those just false rumors? Eddie Jordan is decent. That's about it. I don't like the princeton offense in the pros. As far as EJ on defense...is he a poor defensive coach or did he just have a lack of defensive personnel? (I'm not trying to support him, just asking if anyone knows)

Seasons with the Wiz

'04-'05 23rd in defensive ppg/24th in defensive fg%/21st in defensive 3fg%
'05-'06 21st in defensive ppg/23rd in defensive fg%/20th in defensive 3fg%
'06-'07 28th in defensive ppg/27th in defensive fg%/29th in defensive 3fg%
'07-'08 12th in defensive ppg/19th in defensive fg%/29th in defensive 3fg%

If he allows teams to score 100+ on us every night the boo birds are going to come out quick.

Quote:
LOL on philly.com you can vote "Is Eddie Jordan the right choice?"

Yes- 23.9%
No- 76.1%
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:07 AM   #5
the big stick
I airball my layups

the big stick has no real reputation yet.

When I first heard about this, I was pretty upset but, I remember he coached a pretty banged up wizard team and he did get production out of them. The fact that he has a relationship with Stefanski is refreshing because, he will be given every opportunity to succeed. At this point, I think we need a coach who will be around for three plus years. He is not my first choice but, we could have done worse. I just hope that he continues to stress solid defense because as a team The 76ers stink offensively.
the big stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far

Princeton offense doesn't work in the NBA - particularly in the playoffs. Jordan has a losing record as head coach. He's not known as tough or as a disciplinarian. He's not known for developing young players. His teams, both with Sacramento and Washington, were horrible defensively.

I'm afraid that the goal now is to resign Miller and milk continued mediocrity out of this team, as if that will get people excited somehow.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far

I Kind Of Like This That EJ is Coaching The Sixers But I Don't Think Much Of Them Are Gonna Give In To EJ They Were Better With DeLio
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
"I thought it was a first-class process," Casey said. "I thank Ed Stefanski for allowing me to get to the final two, and even though I didn't get it, it was definitely first class. I was told it was a matter of having a comfort level with Eddie Jordan, and I totally understand that. I think the world of Ed Stefanski."
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...t_coach.ht ml

In other words, Stefanski already had his man.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Could be worse I guess. Not a great coach, but not a bad one either.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #10
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

Anything could always be worse, but basically, by hiring Jordan, the Sixers are telling everyone that now they have to try and re-sign the soon to be 34 year old Andre Miller and that their goal is to become consistently mediocre. To win 45 to 48 games and sometimes sneak into the second round before ultimately suffering the same fate the Wizards did.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
ppierce34

Well no coach was gonna turn this team into a title contender, so that's not really my issue with it. There's players that have to be brought in for that. The team has it's holes, I just don't think Jordan's philosphy is gonna do a whole lot for the team.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

That much is true, but people assosicate with the team are already saying how good Miller would be for Jordan's offense. If we don't properly rebuild and are content with perpetual mediocrity, than Miller and Jordan are the ideal pieces to make that happen.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
ppierce34

Well the team the way it is constructed, isn't going to be a contender regardless, unless Iggy and Thad take that big step and Brand can be integrated properly. I would hope they would look beyond Miller as he's aging and just really not the guy they need, but we'll see.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

That goes back to my now dead Sixers Musts post - they need to find a taker for Dalembert, need to find a young PG, have to hope Young, Iggy, Smith and Speights develop, hope Brand is healthy, need a coach who can intergrate the pieces, and must get a shooter.

Right now, they can re-animate Red Auerbach of the 1960's or get Phil Jackson and they still won't be a contender. However, they could theoretically make some moves whereby it's possible to view them as a team that could make noise and possibly contend in 2 years. It won't be easy, but it's possible. That won't however happen if they bring back Miller and essentially build toward mediocrity and second round playoff exits as the team's ceiling.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: