Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rubio ok with OKC but not memphis?

According to chad ford's mock draft. I understand that JCN had a bad relationship with memphis and they traded pau, but I cant imagine a cosmopolitan Spaniard preferring OKC to Memphis in terms of living. Pau supposedly liked living there and he would be on a team with another spaniard, marc gasol. Is it just based on the inept ownership/management? I dont see OKC as much better in that regard, though only time will tell.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rubio ok with OKC but not memphis?

Prob doesnt wanna play with Mayo and Gay
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rubio, westbrook, durant, jeff green and a better center if they sign it this summer.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

okc fans actually show up for games?
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

According to Chad Ford? I'll wait for the report of the meeting between Chris Wallace (Grizz GM), Lionel Hollins (Grizz coach) and Rubio, his agent and family before I offer any further comments on this whole situation.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Apparently, from what I've gathered from information, he doesn't want to go to a bad "franchise". The team in Memphis has a few major issues:

- They have a promising young guard with Conley who has won over the team and they are high on him. Rubio wouldn't come into the situation as a starter, and probably wouldn't be in a position to challenge him for the starting spot. I would anticipate the team trying to develop the 18 year old off the bench, and I don't think that's an ideal role from his viewpoint.

- Memphis isn't a good franchise. They are among the worst in attendance and fan support. They also are perennial losers who haven't won anything. They have some good developing talent, but that doesn't mean the team will suddenly become a winning franchise.

- Location. Tennessee isn't exactly the most attractive option for him.

The bottom line is that RR isn't going to pay millions of his own money to come to a mediocre team where he would be a backup in Tennessee when he can stay in Spain, keep his money, and run the team and be a star there.

Last edited by Showtime : 05-27-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
- They have a promising young guard with Conley who has won over the team and they are high on him. Rubio wouldn't come into the situation as a starter, and probably wouldn't be in a position to challenge him for the starting spot. I would anticipate the team trying to develop the 18 year old off the bench, and I don't think that's an ideal role from his viewpoint.

That part makes no sense- okc is the team with a franchise pg- westbrook is on a whole different level than conley- conley is a weak starting pg or an above average backup- westbrook is a future all star and the next triple double machine
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
That part makes no sense- okc is the team with a franchise pg- westbrook is on a whole different level than conley- conley is a weak starting pg or an above average backup- westbrook is a future all star and the next triple double machine
I guess you didn't read. This isn't my opinion, this is what I've heard from sources on radio interviews and such (the team's announcer commentated on the situation and the indications he got from members of the franchise is that the staff is very happy with Conley and would like to move forward with him). The Grizz are happy with Conley and like him and the progress he made last season. Therefore, in all likelihood, they wouldn't replace a develop young PG who they like who has already played for the team for a 18 year old who has never played a single minute of NBA ball. Rubio would come off the bench.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
ThreeBD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ThreeBD has an OK reputation so far

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/05...-1st-pick.html

Here si teh consensus of the Top 6 picks of 59 mocks updated since 5/18/09
ThreeBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Apparently, from what I've gathered from information, he doesn't want to go to a bad "franchise". The team in Memphis has a few major issues:

- Memphis isn't a good franchise. They are among the worst in attendance and fan support. They also are perennial losers who haven't won anything. They have some good developing talent, but that doesn't mean the team will suddenly become a winning franchise.

- Location. Tennessee isn't exactly the most attractive option for him.

The bottom line is that RR isn't going to pay millions of his own money to come to a mediocre team where he would be a backup in Tennessee when he can stay in Spain, keep his money, and run the team and be a star there.
well, lets see. OKC is also a terrible team. It does have better fan support and the FO hasnt had enough time to really judge them. Memphis is a much more cosmopolitan and worldly city than OKC and that really is my point. If its about not wanting to be in podunk USA, memphis is a better option than OKC. If its about playing time, I agree that Westbrook is a much better guard than Conley. If Rubio is as advertised, there is no way conley keeps the starting spot.

So, IMO, its a similar deal between memphis and OKC. Terrible team (and I really dont expect OKC to be much better next year). Memphis has worse fans, but how long does the OKC new franchise smell last? and memphis is a much better city.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
rubio, westbrook, durant, jeff green and a better center if they sign it this summer.
whos that better center on the market? kristic is as good as its gonna get for them IMO.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Westbrook is not a natural PG. He doesn't run the team very well. They'd be better off moving him to the two and having Rubio run the point.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
Superjock
I airball my layups

Superjock has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis62
Westbrook is not a natural PG. He doesn't run the team very well. They'd be better off moving him to the two and having Rubio run the point.

in my opinion that wouldnt work.westbrook is what 6'3"?westbrook showed great promise at the point,especially at the end of the season this year.they should try to,and they probably will,take harden.that would be a better fit for them than rubio imo.my guess is the kings will probably take rubio.im not a big fan of thabeet,he seems like a huge bust to me.
Superjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis62

I really really disagree with the viewpoint that westbrook should be moved to the 2- as far as "running the team" he was a rookie to the nba pg position and will improve, westbrook could be good enough at the 2 but will be great at the 1

If okc has the chance and they think rubio is the best than sure I guess they draft him, but as far as needs replacing westbrook is second only to replacing durant and okc would benifit more from help up front if possible- though pg is like pitching, you can never have too much so we may see

I think okc should either take thabeet if they love him or trade rubio or thabeet for a better chance next year at moteijunas or whoever else in what should be a very good pf and a better c draft
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont know where he ends up i will bet money a trade goes down. Any chance NY could make a run at him? Whatever pieces are factored one should be a sign and trade of Nate Robinson. Sound good?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: