Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
TO or Moss >>>>>>> Shockey

WR's > TE's
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #17
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,899
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

Obviously you are missing the whole point.

The reason Shockey doesn't catch as much heat for his antics is that the fans, and the national press, aren't that interested in him. He isn't a star on the level of Moss or TO.

I wouldn't think i'd have to spell it out for you but whatever.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Obviously you are missing the whole point.

The reason Shockey doesn't catch as much heat for his antics is that the fans, and the national press, aren't that interested in him. He isn't a star on the level of Moss or TO.

I wouldn't think i'd have to spell it out for you but whatever.

The press, fans could be interested in him and he could be a star (Shockey). He still wouldnt garner the same ATTENTION as TO/Moss because he plays the TE position idiot.

WR position is considered the most egotistical, self centered, attention whoring, primadonna position in the game. That is the seperation of a TO & a Moss. The spotlight is on the WR more than the TE and will forever be.

Obviously you missed the point made and went rambling for no reason.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #19
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,899
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
The spotlight is on the WR more than the TE and will forever be.

Obviously you missed the point made and went rambling for no reason.

No your "point" merely reinforces mine you're just too slow to realize it. The reason Shockey doesn't get as much heat for his antics is that he isn't a star on the level of TO or Moss. It isn't that complicated.

And of course your original response to me "Shockey > Alge" has absolutely no relevance to the thread.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
No your "point" merely reinforces mine you're just too slow to realize it. The reason Shockey doesn't get as much heat for his antics is that he isn't a star on the level of TO or Moss. It isn't that complicated.

And of course your original response to me "Shockey > Alge" has absolutely no relevance to the thread.


My reply was in response to "People outside of NY couldn't care less about Shockey." which is false. Just a silly thought created in your mind thrown out there as a fact, a truth. I made my Shockey > Alge remark to show you people outside of NY do care not only about TE's but which TE's are better than others.

And you keep saying Shockey isnt a star on the level of Moss/TO which in FACT that means DIICK. Shockey could be a star on thier level and wouldnt get the same attention as those 2 WR's. So why do you keep spewing that? You're wrong.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #21
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,899
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
And you keep saying Shockey isnt a star on the level of Moss/TO which in FACT that means DIICK

Quote:
Shockey could be a star on thier level and wouldnt get the same attention

Those two quotes show how clueless you are.

On the one hand you say it doesn't matter that Shockey isn't a star like TO/Moss and then in the next breath you say even if he was he wouldn't get the same ATTENTION

Attention is the key issue. on the one hand you say it doesn't matter that Shockey isn't a star (and thus gets less attention than TO/Moss). Then on the other hand you say the only way for him to get the same ATTENTION, (and thus the same notoriety) would be if he was a star WR and not a star TE.

So are you trying to say non-stars get the same attention as stars do? Actually you are contradicting yourself completely so it is hard to see what you are actually saying.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Those two quotes show how clueless you are.

On the one hand you say it doesn't matter that Shockey isn't a star like TO/Moss and then in the next breath you say even if he was he wouldn't get the same ATTENTION

Hardly clueless you are just a bonehead. Shockey will never grab the attention Moss/TO does because of the POSITION he plays. It is that simple. Not because he isnt a star on thier level. The fact that the TE position isnt a source for attention grabbing players who are covered by the media. So to keep referring to Shjockey and his lack of star qualities is ridiculous. It doesnt matter if he was a star like To/Moss was...he wouldnt get the same treatment.

Shannon Sharpe had the biggest mouth in football at the moment. Said some ignorant things. Didnt rival what a WR would say. There was a reason.

Quote:
Attention is the key issue. on the one hand you say it doesn't matter that Shockey isn't a star (and thus gets less attention than TO/Moss). Then on the other hand you say the only way for him to get the same ATTENTION, (and thus the same notoriety) would be if he was a star WR and not a star TE.

No I didnt say that. I said it didnt matter if he was a star or not. He is a TE. WR's will always recieve the most attention when it comes to negativity. Always.

Follow?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #23
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,899
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
I said it didnt matter if he was a star or not.

Stars always get more attention than non-stars in every sport. Always have and always will. The fact that you are trying to argue this point makes me think you may be drunk.

The cornerback position was never an attention grabbing position until Dion Sanders came along. And the loudmouth receiver is actually a fairly recent development. Go back 10 years and there weren't many attention grabbing receivers. There was Michael irvin but he was the exception.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Stars always get more attention than non-stars in every sport. Always have and always will. The fact that you are trying to argue this point makes me think you may be drunk.

Define "star" then. Tony Gonz was a star TE. He never got more attention then the star WR at the same time he was. Fact! That is the argument. Only person drunk is the person who thinks a star TE would recieve the same amount of attention as a star WR.

Quote:
The cornerback position was never an attention grabbing position until Dion Sanders came along. And the loudmouth receiver is actually a fairly recent development. Go back 10 years and there weren't many attention grabbing receivers. There was Michael irvin but he was the exception.

CB's? Yes. WR's? Recent? Not really. That position has always been the source of entertainment, braggadoshishness. What is different is the coverage via media then vs now. You break wind and you have 4 sports channels highlighting it. THAT is the difference...the COVERAGE.

The TE position i cant ever see being on the same attention level as a WR. AS far as stars go. A star TE recieving the same attention if not more than a star WR. That day I dont see happening. If Shockey was a star? Nothing would change like other positons may have ie CB, WR.

THe WR position is a special position in the NFL. Media and even the players can say that much and has. Primadonna position in the league.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #25
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,899
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Tony Gonz was a star TE. He never got more attention then the star WR at the same time he was. Fact!

he wasn't a talker or self promoter either. Steve Largent was a star receiver but didn't get a lot of publicity either. Same with John Stockton in basketball.

Quote:
WR's? Recent? Not really. That position has always been the source of entertainment, braggadoshishness.


So name some. For every Irvin or White Shoes Johnson there were several players like Art Monk or Fred Bilitnikof.

Quote:
If Shockey was a star?

But he isn't.

Last edited by tontoz : 10-10-2006 at 04:42 PM.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
he wasn't a talker or self promoter either. Steve Largent was a star receiver but didn't get a lot of publicity either. Same with John Stockton in basketball.

That isnt what makes TO/Moss star WR's. You're not a star because you talk and self promote. Plaxico Burress does that. Roy Williams does that.

Quote:
So name some. For every Irvin or White Shoes Johnson there were several players like Art Monk or Fred Bilitnikof.

For every TO, Moss, Chad there are Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, S.Moss, T.Holt.



Quote:
But he isn't.

If he was he wouldnt get the same attention. But you miss the point of course. You cant accept the position similarity and how its viewed by those who cover it. Cant help you with that...one day you'll cease to be stubborn and close minded and see things for what they are.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #27
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,899
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

If you want to say that WRs get more attention than TE is agree.

However that just reinforces my point. Let's go back to the original post;


Quote:
If Jeremy Shockey was African American


he still wouldn't get the bad press that TO and Moss get.


I think we can agree on that.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,229
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Yes we can.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
TO or Moss >>>>>>> Shockey

i don't get why would compare 2 wide recievers to a Tight End?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #30
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
If Shockey was a star?


But he isn't.

oh okay so shockey isn't a star?

Get Real.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy