Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Nashty
Serious playground baller

Default LAL/HOU/IND trade idea

Howard to Rockets
Asik, Granger, Lin to Lakers
Nash to Pacers

Lakers do it because Dwight and Nash don't fit with Kobe, they get Asik who is a defender/rebounder and don't need the ball on offense, Granger who can be scorer off the bench and is also a great spot up shooter and solid defender, and Lin who can run some pick and rolls.

Lakers Lineup: Lin, Kobe, Granger/MWP, Gasol, Asik

Rockets do it because they want to get rid of Lin's contract and they want Dwight because they want a post presence and he is also a better rim protector than Asik.

Rockets lineup: Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Motiejunas, Howard

Indiana do it because they need another perimeter scorer/facilitator but Granger is not that guy because he's more of a spot up shooter, and Hill is more of a defender, so they get Nash who excels at pick and roll and can score and pass.

Nash/Hill, Stephenson, George, West, Hibbert
Nashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Default Re: LAL/HOU/IND trade idea

Lakers get worse.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
sprainedankle
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Lakers get worse.

Not sure why the Pacers would do it either really. For Granger for Nash??
sprainedankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Lakers get worse.

Not really, Lakers don't need Howard so much because they already have a post player in Gasol, Asik would be a great fit because he can rebound and play defense and he won't ask for more touches like Howard. Nash is a much better spot up shooter than Lin, but Lin is better defender, much more younger and can score and create off the bench with Blake starting. Granger is a great fit with Kobe because he can score 20 points without needing the ball in his hands and plays good defense.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprainedankle
Not sure why the Pacers would do it either really. For Granger for Nash??

They need a guy who can score and create from the perimeter, they got George and Hill who are not that great, and Granger is more of a off the ball player. With Nash running the offense, George would be playing more like a spot up shooter, cutter and transition finisher, the role that fits him better than the scorer/playmaker. Pacers bench would become stronger with Hill moving there, and he's a player who can score and create and can spot up when playing with Nash in the lineup. West would have much more open looks running the pick and pops with Nash, and Hibbert would get more quality passes in the post.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashty
They need a guy who can score and create from the perimeter, they got George and Hill who are not that great, and Granger is more of a off the ball player. With Nash running the offense, George would be playing more like a spot up shooter, cutter and transition finisher, the role that fits him better than the scorer/playmaker. Pacers bench would become stronger with Hill moving there, and he's a player who can score and create and can spot up when playing with Nash in the lineup. West would have much more open looks running the pick and pops with Nash, and Hibbert would get more quality passes in the post.
this is a terrible trade idea. giving up granger for nash is TOO much. i agre that indiana needs a real pg, but nash is too old. i'm a fan of his so i know very well that his retirement is in sight. granger still has a lot left in the tank and is a much more valuable trade asset.

having said that, indiana would be set if they could somehow get chris paul. i believe tony allen might test free agency as well, so if he could get picked up too. last night was an awful display of ball handling by the pacers, george hill can't bring up the ball well enough, the guy goes through hell to bring it up...it was painful watching that. dj augustin sucks sht too. pacers deserve props to have lasted 7 games against the champs without a real pointguard.

cp3 is a just a dream though, but i definitely believe pacers can get a veyr worthwhile player in exchnage for him, prefferably at the most lacking position on their roster.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
this is a terrible trade idea. giving up granger for nash is TOO much. i agre that indiana needs a real pg, but nash is too old. i'm a fan of his so i know very well that his retirement is in sight. granger still has a lot left in the tank and is a much more valuable trade asset.

having said that, indiana would be set if they could somehow get chris paul. i believe tony allen might test free agency as well, so if he could get picked up too. last night was an awful display of ball handling by the pacers, george hill can't bring up the ball well enough, the guy goes through hell to bring it up...it was painful watching that. dj augustin sucks sht too. pacers deserve props to have lasted 7 games against the champs without a real pointguard.

cp3 is a just a dream though, but i definitely believe pacers can get a veyr worthwhile player in exchnage for him, prefferably at the most lacking position on their roster.

Granger is declining, his averages and FG% is falling by every season, and he is 30 years old and can't stay healthy. Nash is old, but I think he can put up 11/9 for one or two more seasons, he don't need to be great like in his prime, Pacers play great defense and have offensive talent, they just need a facilitator. But I agree with you, it's too much to give up for a 40 year old PG, how about if Rockets include Robinson or Smith in the trade?

Last edited by Nashty : 06-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
annbafan
I hit open layups

Quote:
Granger is a great fit with Kobe because he can score 20 points without needing the ball in his hands and plays good defense.

then why would the pacers want him to trade out? imagine had they had an additional 20-point scorer against the heat... the outcome of the series might have been different...
annbafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by annbafan
then why would the pacers want him to trade out? imagine had they had an additional 20-point scorer against the heat... the outcome of the series might have been different...

Him and George are similar players, and he wouldn't help that much against the Heat, they need a guy who can score and facilitate and Granger is a guy who plays off the ball, I mean he would be an upgrade over Stephenson but they need scoring and creating off the dribble. And I exaggereted a bit with him averaging 20+, sure he did it in the past, but he will be more like a 15 PPG on 41% shooting when he comes back.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I don't do it for the Pacers. If Granger comes back, he adds more of a scoring punch to the Pacers that they were missing in these playoffs. Nash will continue to decline and I think they are worse with him on the floor anyway. Pacers rely on defense. Having Nash play matador will just get Hibbert in foul trouble faster.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
noob cake
College star

Notice to Lakers fans

Please provide justification as to why Rockets would want to send Lakers assets when:

1) Dwight is a unrestricted free agent
2) Rockets have the cap space to sign him outright.

/r
A Concerned Rockets Fan

Also Lin's contract has positive value. He is not someone you have to send assets to dump.
noob cake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
Notice to Lakers fans

Please provide justification as to why Rockets would want to send Lakers assets when:

1) Dwight is a unrestricted free agent
2) Rockets have the cap space to sign him outright.

/r
A Concerned Rockets Fan

Also Lin's contract has positive value. He is not someone you have to send assets to dump.

This

Also considering the new CBA the Lakers are not really in a position to do a S&T.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
bluechox2
#knickstape

howard cannot be traded, only retained or let go
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Granger is declining, his averages and FG% is falling by every season, and he is 30 years old and can't stay healthy. Nash is old, but I think he can put up 11/9 for one or two more seasons, he don't need to be great like in his prime, Pacers play great defense and have offensive talent, they just need a facilitator. But I agree with you, it's too much to give up for a 40 year old PG, how about if Rockets include Robinson or Smith in the trade?
I didnt realize he was 30 already, that is old. For some reason I thought he was 28 or so.

But yeah, granger coming back won't do much to address the real issue within the team. They definitely need more offense but even more vital than scoring is allowing offense to happen. That cant happen if george hill is being pick pocketed every possession. So I guess the ideal solution is to pick up a good facilitating pg with good scoring ability too...unfortunately cp3 is a real long shot. They could keep granger and pick up at the very least a real pg who can safely bring up the ball. Paul george has been improving at creating offense too.

which FA's are going to be available?

I used to be a fan of granger, stopped following him for a couple years and was very surprised to hear how indiana was playing well in the playoffs without their star(now it is paul george/hibbert running the show)
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
I didnt realize he was 30 already, that is old. For some reason I thought he was 28 or so.

But yeah, granger coming back won't do much to address the real issue within the team. They definitely need more offense but even more vital than scoring is allowing offense to happen. That cant happen if george hill is being pick pocketed every possession. So I guess the ideal solution is to pick up a good facilitating pg with good scoring ability too...unfortunately cp3 is a real long shot. They could keep granger and pick up at the very least a real pg who can safely bring up the ball. Paul george has been improving at creating offense too.

which FA's are going to be available?

I used to be a fan of granger, stopped following him for a couple years and was very surprised to hear how indiana was playing well in the playoffs without their star(now it is paul george/hibbert running the show)

I don't think they can sign a free agent, they will have 56 millions of salary next season even without David West. If they can Calderon would be a good fit, he's like a poor man's Nash, he can score and pass from the pick and roll, and can shoot spot up threes. Calderon and Hill would be great PG rotation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: