Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #61
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Posterize's Pro Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I feel like a lot of Blair's physicality and aggressiveness is partly credited to his massive hulking frame. I wonder that if he drops some weight, he won't be able to play to his style. I only saw a few of his games, and I thought a bigpart of his game that gave him an advantage was his massive tank-ish body just plowing through dudes.
It's true. But when you think about it he could drop so much weight and still be a tank. He's 6'6" 277. Imagine if he dropped 30 lbs. He'd be 6'6" 247. That's still frickin huge. He'll always be a tank. I'd like to see him drop about 12 lbs to 265, maybe 260, but no less.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #62
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If anybody knows anything about Gani Lawal they should write a scouting report on him for me
Old 06-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #63
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

i saw on the espn home page there was a chad ford article about international prospects which had joe ingles and patty mills as the picture, is anyone an insider than can copy the article, will rep!
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #64
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey Posterize, planning on doing another mock draft contest deal again this year?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #65
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Hey Posterize, planning on doing another mock draft contest deal again this year?
Probably after the withdrawal date. I think I was last place last year and it was my own game lol
Old 06-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #66
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Supposedly Teague is being told to stay in college. Same with Daye.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #67
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I'll continue this tomorrow, been busy buying a new car
Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #68
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Eric Maynor, PG, VCU

Is going to have to put serious work in in the gym to get up to the level he needs to be athletically in the NBA. Should also consider hiring a nutritionist so he can add weight to his tiny frame. Has good height but is a twig and needs to put on a good 20 pounds. His vertical (31.5”) shouldn't even be looked at. He's never been a guy who has relied on superior athletic skills, but he does need to improve somewhat in this area. Extra weight lifting, eating, and calf raises for the young buck.

You ever see that kid at the playground that has the ugliest form on his jumpshot, yet it goes in every time? And you get pissed because you're leaving him open thinking there's no way in hell that ball can go in, and it's all net? That's Eric Maynor. I really can't explain his shot. It looks anything but normal, and he's not a sharp shooter, but he is a very good shooter. I think I remember hearing a story about him breaking some part of his arm and that's how he developed that form? Anybody that can verify that, thanks. It's almost pointless for me to comment on his jumper saying it's “ugly” or “he won't be able to extend it to the NBA line” because like I said, his shot is just unpredictable.

His best offensive weapon is his jump stop into a floater in the paint. Seems like he's watched a lot of Tony Parker to get that move down. When you know how to do it it's one of the higher percentage shots out there. It's something that I was also taught as a shorter player (5'10”) with only average athleticism. Since your percentages of finishing at the rim with decent athleticism and below average height is slim, the floater allows you to get off a short, layup type shot while also keeping your shot from getting blocked. Enough arc is put on the ball that whether it hits the front rim, back rim, backboard, wherever it'll go it as long as it's straight. Maynor has almost perfected the shot once he gets in the lane and with his poor athleticism it'll help him overcome it. Another one of his best attributes is his ability to change speeds with the dribble. He can go from 0 to 60, back down to 30, then back to 60 with ease, keeping his defender on their toes.

Maynor's biggest strength his his defensive ability. He has the potential to be a lock down perimeter defender at the next level if he gains that weight. Expect whatever team that drafts him to automatically make him a defensive substitution in times when that's needed. His opponents will have to keep their dribble tight. Maynor pokes any fancy/unneeded move away from them.

Something that makes Maynor stand out from the rest of the point guard crop is that he is just that, a point guard. Guys like Holiday, Curry, Flynn, and Teague all have questions on how they will play the PG spot in the NBA, either because they're switching positions or because they're known more as “shoot first” guards. Maynor already knows the position and though he scored a lot in college he was never a “shoot first” kind of player. He's a guy that the fans will love no matter how good he is just because he gives it his all. There's really nothing I can say bad about him, his only knock is that he's destined to be a solid role player. And if you're getting a consistent role player in the teens then you're getting just what you should expect.

Comparison: Undecided
Stock: 13-21
Best Fits: Indiana (13), Philly (17), Atlanta (19)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #69
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Maynor a lot. I was amazed he weighed so low at the combine. I knew he was skinny and all, but he was the lightest guy there I think, at 6'3! Needs to get bulked up, like you said, by 15-20lbs. Can't see it hurting his game.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he'll be a defensive stopper, per se. He'll be solid, perhaps a bit above average, but I don't see any all-defense teams ahead of him. He's such a heady player he sees opposing offenses developing and know what he needs to do to disrupt it, but in an on ball situation I don't think you'll be able to say "go shut him down Eric" that often.

The biggest positive he has over the other points, and maybe it's come with being a 4 year player, I see him being able to run any system. With the other guys (namely Lawson/Flynn) it remains to be seen if they'll be able to utilize their skills in anything but a running team. Maybe someday? Of course, but with Maynor you know he can. I am worried about his shot, yes it's funky as all hell which isn't always a killer, but it's a slow release and I'm worried about him getting it off consistently. Whoever drafts him is going to need to tweak his shot in a pretty big way.

I love that on offense, he'll make his teammates play. It's one of the few things I loved about Jamaal Tinsley, you get open and he'll feed you the ball. He's just such a smart player, he understands every facet of the game. He's not going to be an All-Star, but will be a very capable starter on good teams within a few years. I'd have absolutely no qualms with him becoming a Pacer, espcially if we're able to trade back a few spots and net another small piece.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #70
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stephen Curry, PG, Davidson

“He's too small. He's not strong enough. His game doesn't translate to the NBA. He'll never learn how to play point guard. His numbers are inflated from playing at Davidson.”- all the talk going against Stephen Curry. How about this one? “That boy can play some basketball, no doubt.” Has plenty of height to play PG in the NBA and if his doctor is credible at all, Curry claims that his doc told him he still has growing to do. Needs to add muscle (I should probably stop mentioning this because every rookie does) though I wouldn't put on too much weight. He should stay right around 190 lbs. The added weight is mainly to help him from getting hurt when penetrating to the bucket. He's another guy, like Flynn, whose gas tank just doesn't have an empty. Great stamina.

We all know Curry has a sweet jumpshot. He has excellent range and doesn't lack “the NBA's lost art” aka the mid range jumper. Is an excellent catch and shoot player. There's questions about his jumper in the pros because it's a low release point. I think the low release point is more due to how he shoots the ball on his way up instead of at the height of his elevation. I don't think it's any easier to block the shot because 1) he gets it off so quick and 2) he goes straight up, instead of having the ball out in front of him.

His penetration ability in the NBA is going to be questioned. He really doesn't have the strength or the athleticism to finish with the big boys. One thing he does have is that floater/push shot like Eric Maynor, though I'd like to see him develop this move more. A lot of times on drives to the bucket he'll finish with a little runner rather than a layup because he lacks the strength to power the ball up. What he does have is a great left hand. Can drive left to the bucket and finish with the left even on more difficult layups. If he can get the defense to eventually respect his driving ability, his step-back jumper off the dribble will become one of his go-to moves.

I personally don't know about Curry's defense. To be honest, I never really cared to look at it when I watched him and even if I did I may have questioned it because of the level of talent he played against. I hope that he's at least an average defender who doesn't get exposed every time down the floor. He'll need to be much more than a pure offensive player.

The only question I have about Curry is his ability to run set plays in a structured offense. Of course if he ends up playing for Mike D'Antoni or Don Nelson, this won't be an issue. He has all the tools to be a very good guard; shooting, ballhandling, passing, competitive spirit. But I wonder if he would be able to orchestrate lets say...the Princeton offense? He has the tools to be a point guard, he just needs to have the mindset (he's far from being the only PG in this draft with the same issue). He won't be able to launch the ball at every bit of daylight he gets. He won't be able to dribble up the court and take a shot before all 4 of his teammates are even on the right side of the court. Once he realizes he doesn't have to force shots and create to get himself open, but that others will get him open for him, he'll be fine.

Stock- Just about anywhere
Best Fits- Minnesota (6), NY (8), Indiana (13), Philly (17, I can hope can't I?)

...and his mom is
Old 06-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #71
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

By the way, I've decided I can't do Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Jrue Holiday, and Demar Derozan. Pac10 games come on at like 11pm in Philly, didn't have time for a lot of them. Though I did see a lot of James Harden just because I was a fan.

Remaining players I'm doing:

Earl Clark
Ahmad Nivins
Derrick Brown
Hasheem Thabeet
Blake Griffin
DaJuan Summers
Ty Lawson
Tyler Hansbrough
Wayne Ellington
Jerel McNeal

Last edited by Posterize246 : 06-10-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #72
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

post his mom!!
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #73
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
By the way, I've decided I can't do Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Jrue Holiday, and Demar Derozan. Pac10 games come on at like 11pm in Philly, didn't have time for a lot of them. Though I did see a lot of James Harden just because I was a fan.

Earl Clark
Ahmad Nivins
Derrick Brown
Hasheem Thabeet
Blake Griffin
DaJuan Summers
Ty Lawson
Tyler Hansbrough
Wayne Ellington
Jerel McNeal

Tell me about it man, wish I'd utilized the DVR a lot more. I just can't get into the scouting portion until I have some understanding of where Indy'll draft. Do look forward to Nivins, Brown, and Summers (especially him, seems like Jeff Green 2.0) though. Don't have much knowledge of potential 2nd rounders. Some Dante Cunningham thoughts'd be cool, think he'll be able to be a rotational 4?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 AM   #74
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

Earl Clark
Ahmad Nivins
Derrick Brown
Hasheem Thabeet
Blake Griffin
DaJuan Summers
Ty Lawson
Tyler Hansbrough
Wayne Ellington
Jerel McNeal
Repped, when it gets here.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #75
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
post his mom!!

mmmmm
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: