Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Who got the better end of this trade??

It's a 14 team custom yahoo league with the 9 default scoring categories...

I gave up Gerald Wallace & Marvin Williams and got Rashard Lewis & Josh Howard in return. I look at it as i gave up 2 question marks and got 2 very solid players. With Wallace, u dont know if he's gonna stay healthy. And with Williams, who knows how much playing time he's gonna get in a crowded Hawks frontcourt. Here's what my team looks like now...

G- Vince Carter
G- Baron Davis
G- Josh Howard
G- Ricky Davis
F- Kevin Garnett
F- Rashard Lewis
F- Chris Webber
F- Nenad Krstic
C- Eddy Curry
Util- Bonzi Wells
Util- JR Smith
Bench- Juwan Howard
Bench- Grant Hill
Bench- Mickael Pietrus
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

eh i dont like it
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Dude... Arent u in my league?? Or is it just a coincidence that there's a team called "GothamKnights" in my league...
Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #4
adityad
Can barely lace up my sneakers

adityad has an OK reputation so far

I think its a good trade. Especially if you are worried about Wallace's health and Williams. You know lewis is going to give you 20, 5 with a couple of 3s and decent %s. Josh howard is going to give you 18,6 with steals. You lose big time in blocks and steals but gain/wash in everything else.
adityad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

nah marvin williams is supposed to have a break out year and gwall is gwall hes good.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

I doubt Wallace is gonna average over 2 steals and 2 blocks a game again, and i doubt he's gonna be healthy all year as well. As for Marvin Williams, he's gonna be sharing minutes with guys like Shelden Williams & Josh Smith so I was more than happy to get rid of a guy who definitely wont average more than 30 mins a game. If any of the young Hawks has a breakout year, it'll more than likely be Josh Smith, not Williams. The guys I got rid of (Wallace/Williams), u have no idea what to expect from them this year. The guys I got (Lewis/Howard) are solid players and u know what ur getting because they're consistent... I was hesitant to do the trade at first, but i'm liking it the more I think about it.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
GoDuke
I airball my layups

GoDuke has an OK reputation so far

I also think it's a good trade... I absolutely love G-Wall but he's being way too overrated this year, ppl are grabbing him in 3-4th rounds...
GoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #8
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

I like the trade
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

good trade sice Wallace is a risk.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Who knows really. I think its a very even trade. But I like it for your team. You traded one solid overall player that gets you STLS and BLKS that is most likely being overvalued this year and one questionable "should have a break out season" ATL Hawk for 2 proven production players at both the REBs and the PTS department. What is smart is that combining both Lewis and Howard, you make up almost entirely on the STLs and half of the BLKS if everything remains the same as last year. That tips the trade your way brother. Made your team better overall which is the point. Still could use some work, but made a step forward....

Its tough to pull the trigger on a guy that is so solid all around and has so much hype like a G. Wallace. But this guy showed that G. Wallace can be used as a great decoy in pre-fantasy-season trades.

Good trade.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: