Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #76
FrenchDude
Decent playground baller

FrenchDude has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
If the Grizz keep the 2nd pick, then it's going to be Thabeet or Rubio and then trade him. Heisley wants Thabeet more than anyone and considering he is the biggest cry baby of them all, I expect to see that lumbering tower in a Grizz uni next season.

Can M.Gasol play PF?
FrenchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #77
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
SOLID not SPECTACULAR....shot 28% from field.....
It was the Olympics.

Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #78
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchDude
Can M.Gasol play PF?
No he can't.

Gasol & Thabeet will give us 2 lumbering 7'0 C's playing in the front court.

Maybe it will work on offense, but unless Thabeet is able to dominate the paint like he did in college we will probably struggle on defense espescially when it comes to athletic/versatile post duos in our own division.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #79
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchDude
Can M.Gasol play PF?
He sure as hell won't be able to guard the likes of Amare Stoudemire who would just blow past him every time. Gasol isn't fast enough or agile enough to guard the 4 spot.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #80
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Rubio is garbage I'm telling everyone on this board that now.. mark my words.
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #81
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
Coming from a poster with Sebastian Telfair as username, that means nothing.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #82
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Who the **** is Ricky Rubio?

18, never played a day of NBA ball in your life, and your trying to call the shots? I don't understand why stuff like this doesn't hurt a players stock. Only in the NBA...

Same way I feel. He outta be lucky someone wants his punk ass. He don't like it he can keep his punk ass in Spain. He probably ain't gone live up to the hype anyway.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #83
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Hes going to be very good, at worst case scenario if he doesnt become the star player that people expect he should be a solid starting PG and a very good defensive PG.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #84
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat cool

He'll be a rich mans version of hinrich. both have extremly good defensive prowess and have excellent hands on defense.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #85
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymac
He'll be a rich mans version of hinrich. both have extremly good defensive prowess and have excellent hands on defense.

they both will be all-stars. being sarcastic. As far as a username, that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Final thing, just saying, He will not be anything special.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #86
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Same way I feel. He outta be lucky someone wants his punk ass. He don't like it he can keep his punk ass in Spain. He probably ain't gone live up to the hype anyway.

Agree
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #87
Bodin
Great young streetballer

Bodin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Rubio is garbage!! Seems like such a spoiled brat. He signed a contract to play in Spain so he should stay there and finish out his contract. Either he doesn't like his current situation or doesn't want to play their anymore (i.e. he wants to play for the NBA now).

So now he's going to have to pay a bunch of money for the next few years to come to the NBA. And get this, he's already demanding they he doesn't play for certain teams.

So what if he gets on a team here and he doesn't like his situation? Is he going to pack up and head back home to Europe? He just doesn't seem man enough to play in the NBA. Really he should just stay in Europe, finish his contract, and if he's finally grown up by then he can come play in the NBA.
Bodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #88
jinsanity
I hit open layups

jinsanity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
What the hell does that mean?

Chris Paul & Deron Williams didnt look like All Stars in Beiging either.

Well, there was a point made that Rubio played good defense in the China game. But the Chinese guards are scrubs. So shutting them down isn't much of an accomplishment. Remember we're discussing an NBA prospect here and a good performance defensively against some scrub guards on the Chinese national team (which is big man focussed) isn't necessarily a good indicator of how he'll defend the likes of Rose/ Chris Paul and co.
jinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #89
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

You guys cleary don't appreciate/understand the different system and culture sports have outside the NBA.

Basically, every player has freedom of choice in their career. They will sign for youth teams (normally whoever offers, or in their hometown), and their team will normally offer them a better long-term contract if it looks like they'll break into the first team.

The only way a player can move teams is if another team offers to buy him from his existing team. Once a price is agreed, the player will then negotiate a contract with the new team, which he can accept or decline, but essentially the player will decide. Players can be offered contracts at any time so naturally teams won't want their contract to expire. Trades almost never happen, its all about buying and selling.

It's not like in the NBA where your contract follows you around and you have to be traded for rather than bought. The NBA system is all about trying to keep things equal, the European system gives more freedom which allows for a much bigger difference between the teams.

So I don't blame Rubio for not wanting to go to Memphis or OKC - he's brought up somewhere he'd always have a choice, and who the hell from outside of America wants to end up in either of those two?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a shortlist of potential destinations (NY, LA, SF, all the well known American cities) and would be unhappy anywhere else.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #90
Terp in LA
I airball my layups

Terp in LA has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Wizards need to trade up from the 5th spot to get him.

Rubio
Arenas
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

If they stay healthy that could be nice playoff squad out East.

Who's that?
Terp in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: