Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #16
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default more on freeland

something i found on draftexpress.com can't copy the article, but check at the middle of it where it reads in big letters "big man stand-out: Joel Freeland"

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1340

apparently he is giving everyone a good impression. though he showed a little fatigue on the last days of the camp
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #17
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Darius Washington Jr. is by far the most underated player in the draft. I saw a bit of his game in the Orlando camp and he was in a seperate league from all other players there including Jordan Farmar.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #18
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

Leone Powe and Hasan Adams
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:52 PM   #19
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far

Will Blalock and Steve Novak are going to be great 2nd Round Gems. Novak can be as good as Peja, with his jumper. And Blalock is highly unknown but could end up being the best PG in this draft with his great court vision, great athletism and has a 3 point shot that is developing.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlang1982
Will Blalock and Steve Novak are going to be great 2nd Round Gems. Novak can be as good as Peja, with his jumper. And Blalock is highly unknown but could end up being the best PG in this draft with his great court vision, great athletism and has a 3 point shot that is developing.
Are you serious?

Novak as good as Peja? Get outta here with that garbage.

He can't guard power forwards because he isn't strong enough and he can't guard small forward because he isn't fast or quick enough. He has no post game and he stunk it up at the Orlando camp (couldn't buy a trey and that is he is calling card).

Screams Dan Langhi to me. I'd stay away. The shooting stroke and take your breath away but I don't see him being a major impact player at the next level. He'll be a lot close to Skita than Peja.

Blalock as the best PG in the draft? Did I miss something?

Marcus Williams is probably better than or as good as a good number of starting NBA point guards right now. Blalock can't even get a stiff at the first round in what is perceived to be a very weak draft.

I'm sorry, my friend, but you are waaaay off on your predictions for these two players. Way off.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #21
tlang1982
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Are you serious?

Novak as good as Peja? Get outta here with that garbage.

He can't guard power forwards because he isn't strong enough and he can't guard small forward because he isn't fast or quick enough. He has no post game and he stunk it up at the Orlando camp (couldn't buy a trey and that is he is calling card).

Screams Dan Langhi to me. I'd stay away. The shooting stroke and take your breath away but I don't see him being a major impact player at the next level. He'll be a lot close to Skita than Peja.

Blalock as the best PG in the draft? Did I miss something?

Marcus Williams is probably better than or as good as a good number of starting NBA point guards right now. Blalock can't even get a stiff at the first round in what is perceived to be a very weak draft.

I'm sorry, my friend, but you are waaaay off on your predictions for these two players. Way off.

Everything you described about Novak sounds like Peja. He's an in between size and too slow. Wow sounds like a pretty accurate comparisson to me. They are both excellent open catch and release shooters.

And I'm so tired of people in love with marcus williams. He had the most talent of any college team by far and couldn't lead them. What's he going to do with a lottery team? He's too small and doesn't have the blazing speed to make up for his lack of size. His shot is suspect and his decision making is still at question. I'd take Darius Washington's PG passing ability's over Marcus. He'll be a bust. You can quote me on that.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #22
tlang1982
I airball my layups

OH and I almost forgot about my boy Blaylock. How many games have you watched of his?? oh yea you didn't, Iowa State probably wasn't on TV where you're from. His stats don't show it but watch some game tape and the proof is there. There's a reason like teams like the Celtics brought him back twice cause they were amazed by his ability and skills that are ready for the NBA game NOW not 2 years down the road.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Everything you described about Novak sounds like Peja. He's an in between size and too slow. Wow sounds like a pretty accurate comparisson to me. They are both excellent open catch and release shooters.

And I'm so tired of people in love with marcus williams. He had the most talent of any college team by far and couldn't lead them. What's he going to do with a lottery team? He's too small and doesn't have the blazing speed to make up for his lack of size. His shot is suspect and his decision making is still at question. I'd take Darius Washington's PG passing ability's over Marcus. He'll be a bust. You can quote me on that.
Marcus Williams is 6'3.

That's big for a point guard.

That right there disqualifies you from knowing what the F you are talking about.

Quote:
OH and I almost forgot about my boy Blaylock. How many games have you watched of his?? oh yea you didn't, Iowa State probably wasn't on TV where you're from. His stats don't show it but watch some game tape and the proof is there. There's a reason like teams like the Celtics brought him back twice cause they were amazed by his ability and skills that are ready for the NBA game NOW not 2 years down the road.
The Celtics brought a lot of guys back for a second workout............like Marcus Williams.

Anything else you want to be wrong about?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #24
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

id like to see G Mac do good in the nba
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #25
tlang1982
I airball my layups

Quote:
Marcus Williams is 6'3.

That's big for a point guard.

That right there disqualifies you from knowing what the F you are talking about.

The Celtics brought a lot of guys back for a second workout............like Marcus Williams.

Anything else you want to be wrong about?

Marcus Williams is 6'2" accourding to the pre-draft measurements. also has 12.4% body fat one of the highest for the entire draft class not to mention out of the PG's. Get your facts straight.

So wouldn't that tell you something if they bring both in for 2 workouts.

And here's a direct quote from Ainge: "I did caution that Williams needs to get himself in better shape and play better defense"
Old 06-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #26
fatboy11

Quote:
Marcus Williams is 6'2" accourding to the pre-draft measurements. also has 12.4% body fat one of the highest for the entire draft class not to mention out of the PG's. Get your facts straight.

So wouldn't that tell you something if they bring both in for 2 workouts.

And here's a direct quote from Ainge: "I did caution that Williams needs to get himself in better shape and play better defense"
Williams is 6'3.25 in shoes. In the NBA............they wear shoes.

Will Blalock is 6'0 in shoes, but Williams is too short?

http://www.insidehoops.com/draft-pro...urements.shtml

Williams is always out of shape. Doesn't affect his game. He hasn't really gassed in any workouts that I know of.

Are you trying to tell me that the Celtics would be more likely to take Will Blalock than Marcus Williams at #7?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #27
tlang1982
I airball my layups

Quote:
Williams is 6'3.25 in shoes. In the NBA............they wear shoes.

Will Blalock is 6'0 in shoes, but Williams is too short?

http://www.insidehoops.com/draft-pro...urements.shtml

Williams is always out of shape. Doesn't affect his game. He hasn't really gassed in any workouts that I know of.

Are you trying to tell me that the Celtics would be more likely to take Will Blalock than Marcus Williams at #7?

No you're not listening. I said Marcus will be a bust. He couldn't lead a team that had more talent then some of the lottery teams in the draft. 2nd I was saying Blalock is more athletic a better passer and a SLEEPER, do you understand the tile of the forum topic "this year's draft sleepers" Williams will be atop this draft's busts. He is no where near a Chris Paul. He's not even near a Deron Williams. He's going to be a backup PG at best.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #28
fatboy11

Quote:
No you're not listening. I said Marcus will be a bust. He couldn't lead a team that had more talent then some of the lottery teams in the draft. 2nd I was saying Blalock is more athletic a better passer and a SLEEPER, do you understand the tile of the forum topic "this year's draft sleepers" Williams will be atop this draft's busts. He is no where near a Chris Paul. He's not even near a Deron Williams. He's going to be a backup PG at best.
I MADE THE FUCCKING TOPIC, DUMBASS. I DID.

The topic says "sleeper", not "sleepers". One player, not open for discussion or suggestions. There is no debate about what the topic was intended for because I only I know.

I know what the topic was about and it was only about one player, Joel Freeman. It wasn't a topic for "draft sleepers". It was a topic for a guy that is a true sleeper. Someone no one was heard of before last week.

You said that Marcus Williams was small for a PG, right? Okay, I proved you wrong.

You said Marcus will be a bust. Did you prove me wrong? No because you can't right now.

Facts are facts and mine are right. Your's aren't.

This topic was for Joel Freeland because he is the ture sleeper of the draft. Everyone knew who Steve Novak, Will Blalock, and every other player in this draft was before last week. No one knew who Joel Freeland was. It doesn't get more sleeper than Joel Freeland.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #29
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Leon Powe and James WHite

Agreed! Powe is too low in all the mock drafts, and White is a kind of a player that should be better suited for NBA than college game. People tend to say that he never reached his potential in Cincinnati, but I don't see White as someone who could actually lead a team. However, he has a good shot at becoming a solid 4th or 5th option for a team that picks him. he is not only about physical ability, he understands the game too.

I think Dee Brown could be a sleeper. He definitely did not benefit from the situation he was in when Deron Williams run the show at Illinois, and this season when he got to play pg full time, there were too much expectation and the Illinois team was actually pretty bad. Brown might be a bit small, but he has all the attributes of a goofd point guard. I'm not saying he could be a star, but a soild pg starting for a weak team or a good back up for a better pg. I think he could fit well to NJ and play back up to Kidd.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #30
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Marcus Williams couldn't lead a team. Are you kidding me UConn was the best team all year and he was the heart and sole of it. He recorded 16 assists in a game against Notre Dame and I don't care if people say he is out of shape cause he was one of the quickest players in COLLEGE last year. Plus Williams has a nice jump shot and can score in the lane at will. He is much better than Deron Williams ever will be. I also agree that Novak has range in his shot and will be a nice find who can stroke the 3 in round 2.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: