Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter
 
boshraptor4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Halifax
Posts: 303
Default

How about Denham Brown out of UCONN, he is very underrated, but often was called on to take the shots when it counted. He is a terrific scorer/shooter, but was sharing the ball with a very talented UCONN team and never really had the ability to showcase his game. I think he'll be in the league next year regardless of where he gets picked. This guy will surprise people and teams, he has played incredibly for Canada internationally and will devellop into a solid role player I believe.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #32
dwillreg
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 318
Default

I agree although I think Denham Brown will be a good scorer who can come of the bench. Brown scored over 100 points in a high school game and is one of the better scorers in this draft. The problem with Brown seeing as I am a UConn fan and watched almost all of their games is he is streaky. The only thing he can do is score so I expect him to be a player that can come of the bench and put points on the board in a hury.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #33
tlang1982
I airball my layups
 
tlang1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
Marcus Williams couldn't lead a team. Are you kidding me UConn was the best team all year and he was the heart and sole of it. He recorded 16 assists in a game against Notre Dame and I don't care if people say he is out of shape cause he was one of the quickest players in COLLEGE last year. Plus Williams has a nice jump shot and can score in the lane at will. He is much better than Deron Williams ever will be. I also agree that Novak has range in his shot and will be a nice find who can stroke the 3 in round 2.

"UConn was the best team all year" is without a doubt a true statement, probably an understatement. IF he's "heart and sole of it", then how come this "great" PG couldn't lead the most talented team by far from top to bottom to the Championship, hell they looked pathetic in the Big East Tourney and fell apart in the Tourney. Didn't see Deron Williams or Chris Paul do that in their college careers.....Like I've said before and say it again. Marcus Williams is not going to turn around ANY lottery team.

Here's a list of PG's drafted in the TOP 10 the last 3 years:
You tell me who of any of these he will better than!

'05
#3 Deron Williams
#4 Chris Paul
#5 Raymond Felton

'04
#4 Shaun Livingston
#5 Devin Harris

'03
#7 Kirk Hinrich
#8 TJ Ford

I can maybe see him being better than TJ because of his accident, but even that is not sure because he showed signs of his old self last year. Other than that I could see him being equal to a Devin Harris, but Devin is faster and actually moves his feet and plays D. Now Marcus does have a better J then Devin but that's it. I am so tired of Marcus getting all this praise but I don't remember any game that meant anything where I saw this kid takeover the team and get the things done that a STAR PG does. Once again where was he in the big moments? He will not get off as many jumpers as he did in college against much faster PG in the NBA and especially considering he's never in the best of shape and plays little to no D.

SO PLEASE EVERYONE GET OFF THE MARCUS WILLIAMS BANDWAGON

There are no PG's in the draft that will save your team. If you want a cheap AI get Randy Foye, If you want to put a few seasons into developing a potential big time PG get a Jordan Farmar, or a Rajon Rondo. But any team or fan listening to the hype that is Marcus Williams please give it a rest and look elsewhere.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #34
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
Default

Will Blalock! Whoo Whoo!

Will Blalock for ROY.

Steve Novak for All-NBA! Whoo Whoo!
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #35
dwillreg
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlang1982
"UConn was the best team all year" is without a doubt a true statement, probably an understatement. IF he's "heart and sole of it", then how come this "great" PG couldn't lead the most talented team by far from top to bottom to the Championship, hell they looked pathetic in the Big East Tourney and fell apart in the Tourney. Didn't see Deron Williams or Chris Paul do that in their college careers.....Like I've said before and say it again. Marcus Williams is not going to turn around ANY lottery team.

Here's a list of PG's drafted in the TOP 10 the last 3 years:
You tell me who of any of these he will better than!

'05
#3 Deron Williams
#4 Chris Paul
#5 Raymond Felton

'04
#4 Shaun Livingston
#5 Devin Harris

'03
#7 Kirk Hinrich
#8 TJ Ford

I can maybe see him being better than TJ because of his accident, but even that is not sure because he showed signs of his old self last year. Other than that I could see him being equal to a Devin Harris, but Devin is faster and actually moves his feet and plays D. Now Marcus does have a better J then Devin but that's it. I am so tired of Marcus getting all this praise but I don't remember any game that meant anything where I saw this kid takeover the team and get the things done that a STAR PG does. Once again where was he in the big moments? He will not get off as many jumpers as he did in college against much faster PG in the NBA and especially considering he's never in the best of shape and plays little to no D.

SO PLEASE EVERYONE GET OFF THE MARCUS WILLIAMS BANDWAGON

There are no PG's in the draft that will save your team. If you want a cheap AI get Randy Foye, If you want to put a few seasons into developing a potential big time PG get a Jordan Farmar, or a Rajon Rondo. But any team or fan listening to the hype that is Marcus Williams please give it a rest and look elsewhere.

It just so happend that UConn lost to George Mason in the tourney who was the hottest team in America. They wouldn't miss a shot that game and Williams wasn't the reason they lost. Second when did Chris Paul ever do anything in the tourney. O yah, he played for the most overachieving team for the past 3 years and lost in the round of 32 to West Virginia. Third I never said Marcus Williams was going to be a superstar because he is not able to consistantly score like one. But he will be one of the best passers in the league and if I'm looking for a point guard who can lead a team and pass the rock without huge point production, I want Williams.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #36
tlang1982
I airball my layups
 
tlang1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
It just so happend that UConn lost to George Mason in the tourney who was the hottest team in America. They wouldn't miss a shot that game and Williams wasn't the reason they lost. Second when did Chris Paul ever do anything in the tourney. O yah, he played for the most overachieving team for the past 3 years and lost in the round of 32 to West Virginia. Third I never said Marcus Williams was going to be a superstar because he is not able to consistantly score like one. But he will be one of the best passers in the league and if I'm looking for a point guard who can lead a team and pass the rock without huge point production, I want Williams.

I didn't see Florida have any problem w/ George Mason. It's a loosy excuse. UConn had by far the most talent and a much better team. Just curious who's in charge of leading and running the team. Oh wait the PG, guess he didn't do that great of job. Where's this supposed leadership? You explain to me how he makes Toronto, Portland, Atlanta, Boston, or Houston a good team?

All I'm saying is that he's a waist of a mid to high draft pick. Every year 15-20 of the 1st round picks never end up being more than backups. And you're telling me that Williams is one of the few that is going to emerge as one of the league leaders in assist? I'll put money on it that he'll make a great backup, but not one of the best passers in the league.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #37
tlang1982
I airball my layups
 
tlang1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Will Blalock! Whoo Whoo!

Will Blalock for ROY.

Steve Novak for All-NBA! Whoo Whoo!

You are joke. Tell me how many games you saw of Blalock??

That's what I thought.

60-70% of the kids who are drafted never make any real contributions. All I'm saying is that Steve Novak is going to get his open shots and be a great role player for most teams. There is real lack of quality PG's out there and a lot of the best ones are on there last few years on top. Taking a gamble on Blalock will pan out for a team.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #38
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlang1982
You are joke. Tell me how many games you saw of Blalock??

That's what I thought.


How you going to ask me a question and then say "That's what I thought" one line later before I can answer?

"You are joke".

Quote:
60-70% of the kids who are drafted never make any real contributions. All I'm saying is that Steve Novak is going to get his open shots and be a great role player for most teams. There is real lack of quality PG's out there and a lot of the best ones are on there last few years on top. Taking a gamble on Blalock will pan out for a team.
No, no, no. You said Steve Novak could be Peja. Peja has been an All-Star and All-NBA performer in his career.

Keep back tracking and spitting out mistruths, son.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #39
artificial
:-P
 
artificial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: alone with everyone
Posts: 4,412
Default

someone got owned badly in this thread, and is still posting

btw fatboy, you seriously messed up with the thread title. as evidenced by this thread, most people read the thread title, the last coment, and without going further, start posting...

still, i cant believe they dont read the first post. sad.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #40
Bill Swerski
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG
id like to see G Mac do good in the nba
Everyone is on his side, I just can't see anything else besides career back-up, and a short career.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #41
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
someone got owned badly in this thread, and is still posting

btw fatboy, you seriously messed up with the thread title. as evidenced by this thread, most people read the thread title, the last coment, and without going further, start posting...

still, i cant believe they dont read the first post. sad.
Yeah, I know.

I mean, I've done the same thing before too but you would think after I've chimed in like three times to explain the purpose of the thread that they would get the hint.

Oh well. Post all of your "sleepers".
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:44 AM   #42
dwillreg
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 318
Default

You never answered my question about Chris Paul tlang1982. You say Marcus Williams has no leadership and he brought his team to the Elite Eight. Last time I checked Chris Paul wasn't a bad leader because he in the round of 32. I'm not saying Marcus Williams is better than Rudy Gay, but if you watched UConn like I did and you didn't know about Rudy Gay's rep, you would think Marcus Williams was the best player on that team. I think Rudy Gay has much more room and will be a much better NBA player, but I think Marcus Williams could be the difference in making or missing the playoffs with a lottery team in need of a point guard.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #43
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer
 
Wicked_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: "503" City of Roses
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
I think Dee Brown could be a sleeper. He definitely did not benefit from the situation he was in when Deron Williams run the show at Illinois, and this season when he got to play pg full time, there were too much expectation and the Illinois team was actually pretty bad. Brown might be a bit small, but he has all the attributes of a goofd point guard. I'm not saying he could be a star, but a soild pg starting for a weak team or a good back up for a better pg. I think he could fit well to NJ and play back up to Kidd.

no doubt! i forgot about Dee Brown, i'm suprised a lot of mock drafts have him in the 2nd round. I personally watched him play 2 last season and he was killing it. he is lightning quick, good jump shot and gets players involved. He is definately not a traditional PG but who realy is nowadays.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #44
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 628
Default sleeper pick

i think the lakers should draft james white. put that guy in training with kobe bryant for one offseason, and you are looking at the sixth man of the year. this kid has the most insane hops ever.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #45
SilverHawk
I Hit Open Layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1
Default Joel Freeland

I'll stick to the topic for a moment here. I personally have never heard of Joel Freeland before but I have seen a few mock drafts that have the Lakers taking him in the first round so apparently some scouts have seen or heard of him.

I may get slammed for this one (and probably should), but it may be that Ryan Hollins is the sleeper of the draft. I just graduated from UCLA, so I can't believe that I just wrote that, but I have read reports that say he might go in the first round and maybe even before Jordan Farmar. Most mock drafts either don't have him getting drafted or going late in the second round, so I am not sure where these reports are coming from, but that would be a huge shocker in my mind, even if he is known by most scouts already.
SilverHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy