Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star
 
cavsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: akron ohio
Posts: 1,753
cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far
Default cavs brethren come here with your off-season questions

I'm not posting in the nba forum anymore too many haters in there that I wanna haymaker
So i'l come to where cavs fans unite

1. Does anybody know how much we will be over the cap after wally and joe smith come off?

2.what bout if ben gets bought out? Does that still count against the cap?

3.how much would u pay to keep andy?

4.in the draft what would u go for?

5.what free agents would u target?

6.do u think jj will be a good player or injury prone?

Last edited by cavsfanatic : 06-01-2009 at 01:47 PM.
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,268
Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
I'm not posting in the nba forum anymore too many haters in there that I wanna haymaker
So i'l come to where cavs fans unite

1. Does anybody know how much we will be over the cap after wally and joe smith come off?

2.what bout if ben gets bought out? Does that still count against the cap?

3.how much would u pay to keep andy?

4.in the draft what would u go for?

5.what free agents would u target?

6.do u think jj will be a good player or injury prone?

1. IDK
2. IDK
3. a MLE and that's it.
4. Someone with lowpost talent.
5. Any big with lowpost talent but good midrange so they do not always clog the middle; amare, bosh, etc. Athleticism like that can really help the Cavs in the middle on both ends, and they aren't limited to the low block so the lane can be open sometimes for Lebron to attack.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
JayJay23
I airball my layups
 
JayJay23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 70
JayJay23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Does anyone have any sort of site that shows players contracts and team salary cap situations?

also how much can teams be over the cap given each year?
JayJay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star
 
cavsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: akron ohio
Posts: 1,753
cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
1. IDK
2. IDK
3. a MLE and that's it.
4. Someone with lowpost talent.
5. Any big with lowpost talent but good midrange so they do not always clog the middle; amare, bosh, etc. Athleticism like that can really help the Cavs in the middle on both ends, and they aren't limited to the low block so the lane can be open sometimes for Lebron to attack.
U know somebody gone offer andy like 10 million right? Don't u think we have to keep andy? If ben does retire that'll jus leave z if we lose andy.
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star
 
cavsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: akron ohio
Posts: 1,753
cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay23
Does anyone have any sort of site that shows players contracts and team salary cap situations?

also how much can teams be over the cap given each year?
It has to be a site but I only have internet on my phone but I will google it later today
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star
 
cavsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: akron ohio
Posts: 1,753
cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Ok I found a site. Http://h*o*o*p*s*h*y*p*e.com/salaries/cleveland.htm
Delete the stars

Its mind boggling how much cap space we will have after next season. We had 91 this year if andy opts out we will have 65 for the upcoming season

After next season we will have 35 million if lebron doesn't opt out and we all know he will and when he does we will have 18 million on the cap lol. That's amazing.... of course we will have some new players after this season

Last edited by cavsfanatic : 06-01-2009 at 01:43 PM.
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
1~Gibson~1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,572
1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: cavs brethren come here with your off-season questions

Quote:
1. Does anybody know how much we will be over the cap after wally and joe smith come off?
Right now our cap room = 32,000,000 (estimated)

after Joe + Wally + Wright + Varejao + Trey Johnson comes off our cap room = 11,963,000 (estimated)

Quote:
2.what bout if ben gets bought out? Does that still count against the cap?
if he gets bought out depending on how much we pay him yes

Quote:
3.how much would u pay to keep andy?
idk

Quote:
4.in the draft what would u go for?
DeJaun Summers SF from Pitt in the first round

Marcus Thorton SG from LSU in the second round or Dionte Christmas SG from Temple

Quote:
5.what free agents would u target?
as much as i dont wanna say it......Boozer. But i doubt he'd take the MLE

Kidd maybe
Shawn Marion maybe
Rasheed Wallace maybe
Charlie V maybe

idk.......that's why im not the GM

Quote:
6.do u think jj will be a good player or injury prone?
back injuries are never good for bigs, especially young ones because they'll probably have more throughout their career. I think he'll be an average big though throughout his career.

10-15 ppg/6-9 rpg

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 06-01-2009 at 02:42 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
JayJay23
I airball my layups
 
JayJay23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 70
JayJay23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
Ok I found a site. Http://h*o*o*p*s*h*y*p*e.com/salaries/cleveland.htm
Delete the stars

Its mind boggling how much cap space we will have after next season. We had 91 this year if andy opts out we will have 65 for the upcoming season

After next season we will have 35 million if lebron doesn't opt out and we all know he will and when he does we will have 18 million on the cap lol. That's amazing.... of course we will have some new players after this season
Thanks dude
JayJay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
JayJay23
I airball my layups
 
JayJay23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 70
JayJay23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

How much cap are actually allowed?...106 mil isi?
JayJay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star
 
cavsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: akron ohio
Posts: 1,753
cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay23
How much cap are actually allowed?...106 mil isi?
I think its only 58 million which makes no sense but I jus saw on cleveland.com/cavs that its 58 million..... we'll be over either way.
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
JayJay23
I airball my layups
 
JayJay23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 70
JayJay23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cavs brethren i have some off-season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
I think its only 58 million which makes no sense but I jus saw on cleveland.com/cavs that its 58 million..... we'll be over either way.
yeah how come we will have 35 million to spend next year if anderson opts out, if its only 58 million...is there some sort of limit your allowed over?
JayJay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy