Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Chuck's 2009 Mock Draft

1. LAC – Griffin
Duh

2. MEM – Rubio
Keep him or trade him he’s still the pick

3. OKC – Thabeet
OKC seems set on Thabeet and he could fit nicely if not too much is expected right away

4. SAC – J. Hill
Arguably the BPA, the other BPA Harden doesn’t fit with Martin. Trade bait for Rubio? Memphis needs a PF.

5. WAS – Harden
Fills a big need at the 2

6. MIN – Evans
A combo guard with more athleticism and skill than the FA-to-be Foye

7. GSW – Holiday
High riser of the draft?

8. NYK – Curry
NY will do anything to land LBJ including drafting his friends

9. TOR – DeRozen
Fills a big need on the wings

10. MIL – Jennings
They like Flynn as well but Jennings is too talented not to take at 10

11. NJN – Clark
Their fans have been clamoring for this guy. Riots (of 10 fans) would erupt if they passed

12. CHA – Henderson
Charlotte likes local guys and they need a SG

13. IND – Blair
Indy could use a PF to pair with Granger

14. PHO – Flynn
Nash’s replacement?

15. DET – Mullins
Detroit needs some bigs and could wait on Mullins

16. PHI – Teague
Philly needs a PG, esp. one that can shoot

17. CHI – J. Johnson
Adds some depth at both forward spots

18. MIN – T. Williams
A very versatile player that Minny could use on the wings

19. ATL – Lawson
First Law, now Lawson but Atlanta needs PG insurance

20. UTA – Hansborough
Another white guy in Utah, but with Boozer and Milsap in limbo why not?

21. NOH – Maynor
Probably going to be sold, so the BPA is drafted here

22. DAL – Lawal
With both Bass and Hollins Free agents and their only back-up bigs, it’s a logical choice

23. SAC – Budinger
Could be a steal this late, but not sure who else takes him.

24. POR – Daye
They could use some forward depth, and with no “bangers” why not a pacific NW guy?

25. OKC – Ellington
Ellington’s shooting would be a nice compliment to Westrbook’s size and D

26. CHI – M. Thorton
With Gordon a FA, Hinrich more the back-up PG, they could use a SG.

27. MEM – S. Young
Memphis could use an experienced winner on the wing like Young

28. MIN – D. Summers
Minny completes retooling their perimeter rotation.

29. LAL – Casspi
With Odom and Ariza’s status with the team in doubt a SF makes sense.

30. CLE – Collison
Cleveland needs a PG, and a seasoned player to help now, as opposed to Mills.

Done under the assumption Calethesis goes Greek.

Last edited by ChuckOakley : 05-28-2009 at 05:20 PM.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chuck's 2009 Mock Draft

Not bad, a few things I'd like to comment on.

3. I think this is a reach for Jordan Hill and he'll be exposed in private workouts, don't think he'll slide much farther than 7 or 8, but can't see him cracking the top 3.

6. Can't see the Grizzlies taking Tyreke Evans that high when they already have Mayo, Evans needs the ball in his hands too much to coexist with OJ.

7. If the Warriors are looking for a pure point guard, then Jennings is not the pick, he's more of a combo guard. I do think he'd flourish in this system though.

13. Don't see how Dejuan Blair is a high risk, high reward player. He's one of the few players that you know exactly what you'll be getting.

27. No way James Johnson drops this low, let alone out of the top 20.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Both NBAdraft.net and DraftExpress have 24 to Portland, 25 to OKC, 26 to Chicago, and 27 to Memphis.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whats up with you basing off all these picks on "local kids"

???

Memphis better not get Evans, and if they do, Mayo or Gay gotta go.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Not bad, a few things I'd like to comment on.

3. I think this is a reach for Jordan Hill and he'll be exposed in private workouts, don't think he'll slide much farther than 7 or 8, but can't see him cracking the top 3.

6. Can't see the Grizzlies taking Tyreke Evans that high when they already have Mayo, Evans needs the ball in his hands too much to coexist with OJ.

7. If the Warriors are looking for a pure point guard, then Jennings is not the pick, he's more of a combo guard. I do think he'd flourish in this system though.

13. Don't see how Dejuan Blair is a high risk, high reward player. He's one of the few players that you know exactly what you'll be getting.

27. No way James Johnson drops this low, let alone out of the top 20.

3. I just don't see who else they pick other than Derozen. Thabeet? They already have Camby, Kaman and Jordan. Harden? They have Gordon. The PG's are a reach and they have Davis and Mike Taylor.

6. Evans - yeah I know, but who else is there, the next forward (which they need) is Clark, but that may be a reach. Evans is pretty much the BPA. They could keep him or trade him, but for a team with a fading fanbase a local guy like Evans probably couldn't hurt.

7. Jennings is more pure than Elllis who they have playing PG. Also not sure else who fits here since they have too many SG/SFs and Wright and Randolph at PF.

13. Dejuan is high risk since he is overweight and had two knee surgeries I believe. Sean May, anyone?

27. Probably not, but I didn't know who else would draft him.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Both NBAdraft.net and DraftExpress have 24 to Portland, 25 to OKC, 26 to Chicago, and 27 to Memphis.

Ohh.. I went with what Real GM came up in the simulator.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Whats up with you basing off all these picks on "local kids"

???

Memphis better not get Evans, and if they do, Mayo or Gay gotta go.

Ehh... in a crap shoot draft such as this why not. It seemingly does happen. Also with teams thinking more financially, I wouldn't be surprised if this logic prevailed.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Ohh.. I went with what Real GM came up in the simulator.

It's all good. Who do you think will go where in the new order?
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Indy took Blair, but if they did so at 13 over Maynor, Patterson, Williams, Johnson, etc etc, I'd be very upset. He brings rebounding and that's about all. Of all the things we need from a big boards is one of the last.

I'm really wanting a Maynor or Johnson at 13.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not bad. I think you hit it dead on with the Chicago-Mullens pick for the exact reason you stated.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Nobody will take jordon hill that high, especially a team who's had him in their city and in their own building so many times

Lawson or flynn ahead of jrue holiday would be a terrible decision
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looks pretty good, really like Toronto pick make alot of sense.

I know it probably won't happen but does anyone else think that Minny would be better of drafting Thabeet?

Al Jefferson is more of PF playing the C position to me and with Thabeet they could move Al back to his natural position. Just my take on it tho
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #13
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I'd just like to add that Jennings is a true PG. He is flashy, but don't look at his assist numbers from over in Europe as they count them differently from over here.

At first it was one of my least favorite picks, but now that I think about it, I really like Teague with the Bucks. He is a scoring point, but that team needs more scorers. They have a lot of decent scorers, but no big time scorers after Redd.

There aren't really any crazy picks in my opinion, except Calathes, who I like, but will probably go 2nd round. I'm not high on Hill, but he will probably go top 5 or 6, so 3 isn't a reach. This draft just really doesn't get me excited about too many players. I think teams are going to find a lot of decent reserves and specialty players, but very few 10 year starters/All Stars. Although, I think that is okay because the talent in the NBA has really been great the last 5 or so years with Kobe, LeBron, and Wade down to Roy, Bosh, and Al Jefferson. At some point teams need to stop getting studs and start building a team with guys that just have a role on the team.

Last edited by monthh : 05-05-2009 at 01:38 PM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The 26 pick belongs to the Bulls.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Updated with the corrected teams.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: