Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #16
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: OFFICIAL OFFSEASON: Needs & Questions

Aiight guys I got my blog site up, just hit me up and comment if ya like here's the link:

http://milehighcrewopinions.blogspot.com/
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #17
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

If available, I believe the Nugs should draft Darren Collison at PG. If not, they should pick A.J. Price at PG.

They should definitely re-sign Birdman, and maybe Dantay Jones. For a big man, I think they should seriously consider signing Drew Gooden who is an unristrictred FA, or Courtney Sims, or Chris Wilcox who are also unrestricted FAs. They should let Hart, Carter, and Hunter go and take a hard look at Petro in summer camps this summer.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
If available, I believe the Nugs should draft Darren Collison at PG. If not, they should pick A.J. Price at PG.

They should definitely re-sign Birdman, and maybe Dantay Jones. For a big man, I think they should seriously consider signing Drew Gooden who is an unristrictred FA, or Courtney Sims, or Chris Wilcox who are also unrestricted FAs. They should let Hart, Carter, and Hunter go and take a hard look at Petro in summer camps this summer.

Even though those are good players I really don't think the nugs have need for any more pf's with no shooting-

The reason the list is so small imo is because it needs to be more of a pf/c or c type and needs to be an outside shooter to spread the court- I really think the list goes rasheed, okur, or maybe yi because I know dirk is ungettable and so probobly is bargnani, and spencer hawes- I don't think the jazz would s+t okur to denver so to win a championship or atleast be at that level the best and only target out there is rasheed

On the draft pick I just HOPE for more than backup potential- like collison but lester hudson imo could be a steal at 34 if nugs can't trade in for holiday or teague because hudson could be a rotation player and possibly a future starter
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #19
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Even though those are good players I really don't think the nugs have need for any more pf's with no shooting-

The reason the list is so small imo is because it needs to be more of a pf/c or c type and needs to be an outside shooter to spread the court- I really think the list goes rasheed, okur, or maybe yi because I know dirk is ungettable and so probobly is bargnani, and spencer hawes- I don't think the jazz would s+t okur to denver so to win a championship or atleast be at that level the best and only target out there is rasheed

On the draft pick I just HOPE for more than backup potential- like collison but lester hudson imo could be a steal at 34 if nugs can't trade in for holiday or teague because hudson could be a rotation player and possibly a future starter

You raise some valid points. However, given the assumptions that the Nuggest plan to stay under the salary cap, their options are somewhat limited. Thus, they need to bring in someone to spell Nene and KMart and not make stupid mistakes. Gooden fits that bill, and he is not too expensive, making less than $2 million per year. Courtney Sims was quite impressive in the Development League this year and also comes at an inexpensive price. Rasheed, Bargnani, Hawes, Okur and Yi will cause the Nuggets to exceed the salary cap unless they trade someone for them. That someone would have to be Nene or KMart and I don't see that happening.

They need to dump Hunter's salary of $3 million+ per year to give them some flexibility. It would be a smart move if they could trade Kleza and change for David Lee, but, Lee wants big money also. Given the parameters facing the Nuggets, I believe their chance to upgrade will come from free agents. On the 2nd round draft side, I would focus on Collison, Price, and Mills. I don't know much about Hudson.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
kurple
NBA All-star

Trade Bobcats pick for a top 15 pick this draft.

Draft Ty Lawson

Keep Heart and Petro, let AC, DJ and Bird go (Because bird is gonna ask for a big contract or a long contract and he is 31 years old)

Sign Anthony Parker and Charlie V

Billups - Lawson - Heart
Parker - JR - Weems
Melo - JR - Balkman
Kmart - Charlie V - Balk
Nene - Petro - Hunter

+ Dice 3 mill

80 mill team and a championship team.
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #21
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Trade Bobcats pick for a top 15 pick this draft.

Draft Ty Lawson

Keep Heart and Petro, let AC, DJ and Bird go (Because bird is gonna ask for a big contract or a long contract and he is 31 years old)

Sign Anthony Parker and Charlie V

Billups - Lawson - Heart
Parker - JR - Weems
Melo - JR - Balkman
Kmart - Charlie V - Balk
Nene - Petro - Hunter

+ Dice 3 mill

80 mill team and a championship team.

Is the 3 mill what mcdyss counts on next years payroll?

I don't like your plan of trading in for pick 15 and then taking lawson- lawson despite what some have said would not be a good fit for the nuggets and won't really even be a very good nba player- he isn't among the top 10 pg's in this draft for the nugs imo
Holiday/rubio
Jennings
Curry/teague
Hudson/maynor
Calathes
Mills
Flynn
Collison
Lawson
That's my list and I don't know the foreigners and some others but there are still 11 better fits at pg so at pick 15 lawson would be a terrible pick- can't shoot or finish and being so small he will struggle in the nba without being a scorer- and he isn't a very good defender overall
Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #22
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Denver still has the TE correct? Anyone think they'll pull something off and use it?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #23
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Denver still has the TE correct? Anyone think they'll pull something off and use it?

That may or may not be used, but I do think the 10 million dollar trade exemption could be a huge trading chip- I think its how we get rasheed wallace in denver

If the owners are willing to pay there would be a lot of options for the exemption
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
kurple
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Is the 3 mill what mcdyss counts on next years payroll?

I don't like your plan of trading in for pick 15 and then taking lawson- lawson despite what some have said would not be a good fit for the nuggets and won't really even be a very good nba player- he isn't among the top 10 pg's in this draft for the nugs imo
Holiday/rubio
Jennings
Curry/teague
Hudson/maynor
Calathes
Mills
Flynn
Collison
Lawson
That's my list and I don't know the foreigners and some others but there are still 11 better fits at pg so at pick 15 lawson would be a terrible pick- can't shoot or finish and being so small he will struggle in the nba without being a scorer- and he isn't a very good defender overall

Quote:
The pleasant surprise: Ty Lawson

Two players are neck and neck for the top spot in this year's Draft Rater. You could easily guess that one of them is Blake Griffin, but most folks never would have guessed that the other is Lawson.

Lawson, who is coming off an electric performance in leading North Carolina to the championship, grades out highly for several reasons: Although he's short for a point guard, his shooting numbers (47.1 percent on 3-pointers), strong assist rate and microscopic turnover ratio (9.1, first among point guard prospects) all point to him as an NBA keeper.

The Draft Rater puts Lawson slightly ahead of Griffin for first, but this doesn't mean a team should take Lawson first. The standard error in the projections for point guards is higher than it is for big men, which means random noise could be putting Lawson ahead just as easily as on-the-court performance. If the consensus is that Griffin is the better player, I don't think Lawson's statistical record alone is strong enough evidence to refute it. Additionally, we've heard questions about Lawson's work ethic and injuries.

But the rating is emphatic enough for me to say Lawson should be at the top of the college point guard ladder, ahead of Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Jeff Teague & Co. (If you're wondering about Ricky Rubio, I'll have more on him next week.)
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...pRedirect=http
Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #25
kurple
NBA All-star

And Parker is signing with a european team so, this would be a cool idea as well.

TE + Picks for Etan Thomas and 5th pick. Then trade Thomas to a team who want cap space in 2010 for a quality big example. knicks/ David Lee.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #26
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
And Parker is signing with a european team so, this would be a cool idea as well.

TE + Picks for Etan Thomas and 5th pick. Then trade Thomas to a team who want cap space in 2010 for a quality big example. knicks/ David Lee.

The 5th pick and david lee would be a great return on the te even if nugs had to include a lot of future picks- I think something like that is possible

On lawson I guess we just disagree- I will say despite what the stats say he will not be productive as a 3 point shooter in the nba- my guess is (without looking) that his college 3 attempts are not high because of how many players who can shoot and score on unc- more than that he shoots a set shot and shooting from the floor combined with being so small does not look good for getting off shots in the nba- really he just isn't a good shooter

Someone will take lawson before 34 so I just think if the nugs trade into a pick to grab a gaurd that rubio, jennings, holiday, curry, and teague are just so much better than lawson that if the nugs aquire a pick they might as well go for a player who could be very good or great- lawsons ceiling is that maybe he could be a decent backup pg, I don't think he's a rotation player on a contending team
Old 06-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Lightbulb Re: OFFICIAL OFFSEASON: Needs & Questions

well since recent trades have teams trading good players for close to nothing, it makes me feel the nuggz have a chance to gain an impact player for nothing... like 5 min ago i heard atlanta is getting crawford for acie law and speedy claxton lol... and wizards giving up #5 pick for to probable bench players.. or jefferson to spurs.... nuggz future is bright
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #28
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
well since recent trades have teams trading good players for close to nothing, it makes me feel the nuggz have a chance to gain an impact player for nothing... like 5 min ago i heard atlanta is getting crawford for acie law and speedy claxton lol... and wizards giving up #5 pick for to probable bench players.. or jefferson to spurs.... nuggz future is bright

Didn't they get Foye\Miller? pretty good because when there healthy in the East they can deff make a playoff push.

Anyways It'd be awesome if the Nuggets could pull of a move like the Spurs getting RJ. Don't see it happening tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #29
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
3. Draft a good young pg, this will allow the kid to develop under Chauncey
They have ty lawson
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #30
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
They have ty lawson

And now one of four things on my list is completed....if the Nuggets do address all my issues I will be the happiest nuggets fan in the world
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: