Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #46
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OFFICIAL OFFSEASON: Needs & Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Tim thomas might be the best fit out there- doesn't fill the defensive big need, but plays the 4 and would be a good complement to carmelo in addition to mixing well w nene, kmart, and birdmans games

Also he could probobly be cheap wich fits the nugs- thomas shooting and perimiter game would do wonders for carmelo and nene and the team

If not thomas
Nachbar
Illysova
Outlaw
Hermann
Radmonovic

Still can't believe nugs passed on pursuing rasheed- there are no more that give post D and perimiter O like him

T. Thomas may be a good choice as a veteran player and he's only 32 years old. If healthy, he could be a good backup for Nene and KMart, while Sharpe develops. If he could give the Nuggets about 12-15 minutes per game, he would bring a fairly decent scoring touch.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #47
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For all of those who doesnt like the idea of Anthony Carter is getting alot of PT, he's getting alot of love from Memphis and their connection is "pretty strong"

Link

Quote:
CARTER TO MEMPHIS?

While some believe it's a foregone conclusion free-agent point guard Anthony Carter will re-sign with Denver, that might not be the case.

A source told Pro Basketball News that interest between Carter and Memphis is "pretty strong." The Grizzlies wouldn't give Carter more than a one-year minimum deal, which is all the Nuggets will offer him.

However, the source believes the Grizzlies could steal Carter away because he's worried about his playing time being cut after the Nuggets last month traded for rookie point guard Ty Lawson on draft night.

If the Nuggets don't re-sign Carter, there's a strong chance they would sign point guard Marcus Williams, who is averaging 15.0 points and 9.0 assists in the summer league for Memphis, and had a league-record 17 assists in his first game.

"I think that's the plan," Williams said of going to Denver if Carter leaves. "They only have two (point) guards on the roster. Hopefully, I can make a push there if things don't work out here."

The Grizzlies are considering signing Williams. However, if they sign Carter, they wouldn't need Williams, and he would be in line to bolt to Denver.

Williams, who has career statistics of 6.1 points and 2.9 assists over three seasons, also said Indiana is looking at him "a little bit."

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 07-18-2009 at 01:45 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #48
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

^^^^ Thank GOD for this great gift..... Memphis has been the lifesaver for the Lakers and now they can be for us.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #49
Triplelefthook
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Triplelefthook has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
T. Thomas may be a good choice as a veteran player and he's only 32 years old. If healthy, he could be a good backup for Nene and KMart, while Sharpe develops. If he could give the Nuggets about 12-15 minutes per game, he would bring a fairly decent scoring touch.

I would actually like this move - but Kenyon and Thomas do not get along. They nearly came to blows a few years ago when the Nets and the Knicks met in the playoffs
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #50
Triplelefthook

Hey guys - how serious are we about making a big move this off-season? Is Kroenke willing to go over the salary cap?

if he is then there are definitely moves to be made. The trade exception from the Camby trade doesn't expire until November 1st.

this is from ESPN regarding trade rumors of Carlos Boozer:

"If the Jazz can't complete a three-team deal involving one of the few teams possessing cap space when they ultimately move Boozer, they'll either be trying to work with a team that has a good-sized trade exception (Miami, New Jersey and Denver all qualify) or looking for a conventional trade that includes a contract like those possessed by Sasha Pavlovic or Greg Buckner."

The Jazz need to dump salary RIGHT NOW... if the nuggets are serious can't they trade Balkman ($2 million) and the $10 million trade exception for Carlos Boozer ($12 million)??
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #51
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplelefthook
Hey guys - how serious are we about making a big move this off-season? Is Kroenke willing to go over the salary cap?

if he is then there are definitely moves to be made. The trade exception from the Camby trade doesn't expire until November 1st.

this is from ESPN regarding trade rumors of Carlos Boozer:

"If the Jazz can't complete a three-team deal involving one of the few teams possessing cap space when they ultimately move Boozer, they'll either be trying to work with a team that has a good-sized trade exception (Miami, New Jersey and Denver all qualify) or looking for a conventional trade that includes a contract like those possessed by Sasha Pavlovic or Greg Buckner."

The Jazz need to dump salary RIGHT NOW... if the nuggets are serious can't they trade Balkman ($2 million) and the $10 million trade exception for Carlos Boozer ($12 million)??

To me, it wouldn't make much sense for the Nuggets to pay that kind of money for Boozer to be a backup player. Also, I doubt if he would want to be a backup. I believe that the Nuggets are serious, but, they shouldn't wait too long or all of the fairly good players will be taken.

A thought, how about Shelden Williams, formerly of the Timberwolves, and originally drafted by the Hawks? He's only about 25 years old, he's and UFA, and can possibly develop into a good backup, or even an eventual starter. Also, Ike Diogu is still on the market, and there's always Drew Gooden.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #52
Triplelefthook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
To me, it wouldn't make much sense for the Nuggets to pay that kind of money for Boozer to be a backup player. Also, I doubt if he would want to be a backup. I believe that the Nuggets are serious, but, they shouldn't wait too long or all of the fairly good players will be taken.

A thought, how about Shelden Williams, formerly of the Timberwolves, and originally drafted by the Hawks? He's only about 25 years old, he's and UFA, and can possibly develop into a good backup, or even an eventual starter. Also, Ike Diogu is still on the market, and there's always Drew Gooden.

Fair enough - I think that this move would push Kenyon to the bench... which he wouldn't like either.

But do you guys think we are ok just signing Drew Gooden and then starting the season?

it's tough, because any impact player we can sign right now its hard to find a place for him in the starting lineup.

How about Tyson Chandler for Balkman and the trade exception?

David Lee? Tim Thomas?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #53
Triplelefthook

You guys confident leaving this team as it is?

Hoping that Melo, JR, Nene and Kleiza (if we re-sign) have career years?

That Kenyon will miraculously be healthy for 70 games again?

That Lawson will be able to be effective enough to keep Billups fresh for a late season playoff run?

That Billups will stay healthy?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #54
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

If and when Andre Miller signs with Portland..... that team just got a lil bit better imo.... they can seriously compete with us and Utah now.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #55
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

That Lawson will be able to be effective enough to keep Billups fresh for a late season playoff run?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. You're not?
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #56
Triplelefthook

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. You're not?

No. If the Lakers re-sign Odom they will have improved their team imo, the Spurs have impoved their team, the Mavs and Blazers have also improved and the Nuggets are relying on a miracle of Kenyon staying healthy, then Melo/JR/Nene all making major leaps in their game next year..... i have faith in Melo, not as sure about JR and Nene.

the spurs and blazers won the same # of games as we did last year
Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #57
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:

If this team is left as is there is no chance of a title- nothing has been done to the top of the roster to try to win it

Gotta hope for those career years and health, but kenyon really should be moved while healthy if they won't raise payroll- at current payroll kmart is just not worth it- he's a luxery you'd want if you could fill all the other needs but if you're playing it cheap your highest paid player needs to be one of your best or atleast 3-4 best

If lawson is the 2nd gaurd its asking way too much- his game and size is not made for the nba and I just can't understand how so many here think the backup gaurd spot is filled- like him as a 3rd gaurd but this team still really needs a gaurd

Just wondering how so many are pleased when nothing at all was done to actually try to win it all- still a playoff team but still not a real chance of winning- I want more and am pissed they won't go for it now when we all know our best guys can be as good or better than any other team

The front office has been really bad so far this offseason, hope they have a late move or its wasting a season that could otherwise be the greatest in franchise history
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #58
Triplelefthook

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
If this team is left as is there is no chance of a title- nothing has been done to the top of the roster to try to win it

Gotta hope for those career years and health, but kenyon really should be moved while healthy if they won't raise payroll- at current payroll kmart is just not worth it- he's a luxery you'd want if you could fill all the other needs but if you're playing it cheap your highest paid player needs to be one of your best or atleast 3-4 best

If lawson is the 2nd gaurd its asking way too much- his game and size is not made for the nba and I just can't understand how so many here think the backup gaurd spot is filled- like him as a 3rd gaurd but this team still really needs a gaurd

Just wondering how so many are pleased when nothing at all was done to actually try to win it all- still a playoff team but still not a real chance of winning- I want more and am pissed they won't go for it now when we all know our best guys can be as good or better than any other team

The front office has been really bad so far this offseason, hope they have a late move or its wasting a season that could otherwise be the greatest in franchise history

THANK YOU, el gringos. i agree. I actually do like Lawson more than most, and love the move to replace Dahntay with Afflalo.... but that is NOWHERE near enough! If we stay put as a team we need CAREER years from 4 of our starting 5 players, a repeat performance from Andersen, a great rookie year from Lawson and therefore a better late season performance from Chauncey - and even then i am not sure if we can get further than we got last year

if we don't make a move thisyear - then our best chance at a title was last year, when we had the Lakers on the ropes and threw opportunities away to close them out in games 1 and 3. I am not so sure we would have beaten the Cavs, but we would have beaten the Magic
Old 08-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #59
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Now that Kleiza is gone our roster is at 10. So this gives the green light to sign Coby Karl. The question is that there is one more spot open on the roster. The million dollar question is WHO WILL THE SIGN? And will this just be a player to take up a seat on the bench or will they look for someone who can contribute NOW and something good fot the team.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #60
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone else annoyed with LK comments? seems like fans of other team think he's one of our main guys and it's a BIG loss and then there's some Nuggets fans who think Coby Karl is going to do a better job
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: