Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default philly vs phoenix

this run is really impressing me. We were down 22 points, now are down by 4. Our bench is alot deeper this year, as we added some vets and some young guys, and the ones we had before are getting better. Korver looks great, iggy is doing well, seems like his shot is better and his ball handling. AI and C Webb doing the usual. Carney has done very well, doing all the little things and scoring. Im impressed, even tho its preseason.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

now that was impressive, the 5 on the floor were brunson, carney, korver, iguodala and shav against their starting 5 except amare was out and barbosa was in. We came back from 22 down, carney with the huge 3 and the win!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Good win for the sixers. It should shut up some of the haters after the Barcelona loss. Wed better beat CSKA Moscow.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

I like some of what I saw, but still a lot of the same issues.

Carney looked good, which is nice because Korver and Green are both bench players and hopefully Carney can continue and at least be solid enough to earn the spot.

Iggy did a real nice job running the point. It'll be nice to allow AI to play off the ball once in a while.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Nice win guys. I'm not gonna come in here and bash you like some other fans might. Alan Iverson played a great game but you guys also proved you dont need him to win(i'm refferring to the last 3-4 minutes of the game.) Carney was hot almost the whole night. Good luck in the regular season you'll be needing it. (You may have a shot at a playoff appearance.)
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

we dont need luck and yes we do have a shot, not "might". Shot is an understatement...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
we dont need luck and yes we do have a shot, not "might". Shot is an understatement...

What are you implying? That you'll go all the way? Imo thats a bit of an overstatement my friend. Now I think its very rude I came in here and gave you congrats on a win over my favorite team and you critique me? I came in here with respect and dignity and you try to make sound like a fool. Yes you do have a shot at the playoffs but winning the championship is a few years off (iverson is old.)
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

i never said championship. I said that we arent going to "need luck" to have a shot at making playoffs. We already have a shot. "Having a shot" basically implies that we could barely sneak in for 8th or somethin. We can do better than 8th, and the east is is wide open after the top 4 or 5.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Definately a good win and a good showing by some of our second string. Hopefully this is a boost of confidence for the yungins and show more flashes in The pres.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:05 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It woulda been better for samuel dalembert to contribute in that game.

Anyways, time will really tell what this team can be like.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:56 AM   #11
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Really happy with the confidence Carney showed in this game. Also, Iggy showing capability of playing some point was good.

I would have liked to see more of Alan Henderson and Steven Hunter. They will probably be asked to contribute during the season. Also, i wanted to see some more of Louis Williams.

And are 6ers keeping Rick Brunson? he is a very decent backup PG, but basically does the same things Ollie does...
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Nice win guys. I'm not gonna come in here and bash you like some other fans might. Alan Iverson played a great game but you guys also proved you dont need him to win(i'm refferring to the last 3-4 minutes of the game.) Carney was hot almost the whole night. Good luck in the regular season you'll be needing it. (You may have a shot at a playoff appearance.)

Yes, they don't need Allen Iverson to win because of a run they put on in the last minutes of a meaningless preseason game....sure.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: