Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Sign Boozer - then trade him for Bosh?

I'm posting here rather than the main forum as my only source is from Valenti & Foster on 97.1 today…

Here is a dirty breakdown:

There is a rumor that Toronto is interested in dealing Chris Bosh, and is looking at a deal that works like this…

Carlos Boozer signs with Detroit, then, we trade him to Toronto for Chris Bosh…

Sounds good to me. What do you guys think? I have concerns with Boozer and his durability, as well as his defense. Bosh seems to fit our team better. Also I guess Bosh has family in the Detroit area? We get a one year trial with Bosh and if it doesn't work out, we still have 2010 flexability…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sign Boozer - then trade him for Bosh?

what is the rule on trading a guy you just signed? Its not the same as the you cant repackage for already traded players, but I cant remember if there are any restrictions. Meh is my opinion. Boozer is a much better low post scorer and rebounder than bosh, but bosh is way more versatile and can actually defend. I guess we would still have 5+ mil of cap space after signing boozer right?
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I didn't think about that trade rule (I remember it being brought up when we signed Kwame).
I don't know what kind of figure they are planning to offer Boozer.
Good points though, Booze… Carlos is better in the post, while Bosh has more versatility… I am just always concerned with Boozer's health, and Bosh seems to have more upside. I'm also concerned that Boozer flourishes with a good PG, which I personally feel we lack, as Stuckey isn't going to be the answer at the point. Stuckey will likely flourish more as a 2, like his hero Dwayne Wade. I'd like to sign Andre Miller if possible, but thats not happening unless we move Rip, and put Stuckey at the 2 otherwise signing Miller would put Stuckey back on the bench. Boozer and Miller would be great, or even Bosh and Miller
Old 06-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moving Rip would be a big mistake IMO. Stuckey still has potential and could improve quite a bit yet.

I think this Boozer sign and trade rumor was actually in the rumors here on ISH. When someone signs somewhere I think they can't be traded until December. I like the idea because I like Bosh more than Boozer. Sure he's a jump shooting PF. So are KG and Sheed and they both have won in the NBA finals. I think Bosh with Prince and Rip is enough to make a run at the finals again. Anyway around it, I really think we are going to end up with Boozer so we should probably get used to that idea.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here's what was in the rumors a couple of days ago

Quote:
Although Carlos Boozer could be headed to Detroit in a free-agent deal in July, there's a chance he'll end up going to Toronto in a package for Chris Bosh. The Bulls remain interested in Bosh, but Luol Deng would have to be part of a package going to the Raptors. The Raptors, privately, are acknowledging for the first time that they might need to trade Bosh, rather than risk losing him to free agency in 2010. NY Daily News
Old 06-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

If Toronto wanted Boozer, I think it would make more sense for them to do a straight sign and trade with Utah. That gets Bosh out of the eastern conference at least.

I'm sure Utah wouldn't mind pairing Williams and Bosh too.

For us to get involved it'll have to be more than just sign and move Boozer, we'd have to sweeten that deal I do believe.

Honestly, I hope to get Boozer for relatively cheaper than Bosh's inevitable max deal. Though, before this year Boozer was looking like a beast, especially the beginning of the 07 season where he was putting up 23/11.5 until January, it's always scary spending big money on a free agent.

I hope if he comes to Detroit he can stay healthy for 3-4 years, provide an offense post present and finally someone to grab some rebounds.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

Utah can't make the deal because they can't afford all that salary. That is why Boozer will be out of there to begin with. Bosh is definitely the better of the two, though I do agree about hoping to get Boozer cheaper. I don't think Boozer can get the type of deal Bosh will end up getting. I think Bosh can win a championship with the right pieces around him. I'm not sure that Boozer can.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

They'll be able afford it as it makes Okur expendable. 2010/11 would be rough with AK's contract, but it wouldn't prevent them from resigning Bosh, just lose money that one year.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

If you guys can get Bosh out of him, my Jazz might prefer to cut out the middle man and go straight to Toronto.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Okur is their #1 priority so I see them giving him the money first. I understand what you are getting at but I don't think they will let him get away like Detroit did.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi

If you guys can get Bosh out of him, my Jazz might prefer to cut out the middle man and go straight to Toronto.

For Utah to do the trade, the Jazz would have to do a sign and trade. That means spending more money off the top for Boozer and handicapping themselves for Memo/Millsap
Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
For Utah to do the trade, the Jazz would have to do a sign and trade. That means spending more money off the top for Boozer and handicapping themselves for Memo/Millsap

Yes it does. But, would Utah prefer Bosh, Okur, or Millsap?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: