Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

http://www.marca.com/2009/05/30/balo...243707521.html

google translate : http://translate.google.com/translat... tory_state0=

"In United States is still speculating on the future of Ricky.The Spanish have already confirmed that his agent is already talking with some managers in the NBA. "You have to see what is best for me. Memphis has two, but that does not mean anything"
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

pulling a steve francis..

maybe he'll end up in houston

j/k
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Wizards need to trade up from the 5th spot to get him.

Rubio
Arenas
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

If they stay healthy that could be nice playoff squad out East.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
GiveItToBurrito

I'd think that he'll wind up being drafted by Sacramento, either at number four or through a trade. I can't really blame him for not wanting to go to Memphis; staying below the luxury tax is one thing, but I've never seen a team try to cut salary as much as Memphis does. The owners don't have to spend absurd amounts of money, but part of owning an NBA team is being willing to spend enough to put a quality product on the floor, and Memphis' ownership just does not seem willing to do that. It's a shame, too, because they've got a decent young core, and they're really just an elite prospect away from being a team on the rise.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

i wouldnt want any part of that cheap ass team either.

doesnt rubio have to buy out his contract in spain with his own money or something?

and then come to the nba and play for the grizz
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

That's cool. We already have Conley. I say we just draft him and trade his rights along with Jaric for a solid front court scorer.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Wizards need to trade up from the 5th spot to get him.

Rubio
Arenas
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

If they stay healthy that could be nice playoff squad out East.

Then maybe if Arenas has a good season they can trade him away again before he hurts himself again?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
i wouldnt want any part of that cheap ass team either.

doesnt rubio have to buy out his contract in spain with his own money or something?

and then come to the nba and play for the grizz

Yeah, NBA teams can only give 500k towards a players buy out, rest is by the player. His buy out this year is $6 million (or was it 8?) and next year, it rockets up to $11 million, meaning, Rubio, will have to pay, at least $5.5 million to come over and play for Memphis, or whoever drafts him
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

This post is trash, and you don't know Spanish or you are a liar.

He just said he wants a good future project, he don't say anything about not playing for Memphis.

Rubio haters, please stop lying.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
This post is trash, and you don't know Spanish or you are a liar.

He just said he wants a good future project, he don't say anything about not playing for Memphis.

Rubio haters, please stop lying.

er actually you fail. he said memphis has the no.2 pick , but it means nothing because he doesnt want memphis. funny how the next article talks about memphis intalk with new york for a trade huh.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ehhh...I dont know, i still dont like these young players walking into the league, and being able to hold teams up like this. Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth all the way around.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Who the **** is Ricky Rubio?

18, never played a day of NBA ball in your life, and your trying to call the shots? I don't understand why stuff like this doesn't hurt a players stock. Only in the NBA...
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Yeah, NBA teams can only give 500k towards a players buy out, rest is by the player. His buy out this year is $6 million (or was it 8?) and next year, it rockets up to $11 million, meaning, Rubio, will have to pay, at least $5.5 million to come over and play for Memphis, or whoever drafts him

FWIW I talked to a friend that plays pretty prominent D1 bball and he said in situations like that someone like Rubio would probably sign a big endorsement, and the endorsement company would cover the buyout
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Who the **** is Ricky Rubio?

18, never played a day of NBA ball in your life, and your trying to call the shots? I don't understand why stuff like this doesn't hurt a players stock. Only in the NBA...

I dont get it either. Plus...I CAN GAURANTEE any team that trades away a lot of pieces to acquire Rubio, is going to be dissapointed for a good while.

The ONLY 18 year old, ive known to walk into the league, and make a serious impact, was Lebron James.

This kid is going to take a few years to develope. Hes young, skinny, and im willing to bet, will be a project for a minute.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
imlmf
Banned

imlmf has decent reputationimlmf has decent reputation

i wanted to say who the f*ck he thinks he is

but then i remember when yi came to the league..
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: