Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
themallonee
Can barely lace up my sneakers

themallonee has an OK reputation so far
Default Great New Nba.com League (

Hey I am starting a new league. It will be private and consist of all 30 NBA teams. It will have the 6 official devisions. So that means I need 30 good team owners. I will manage it all year, I always keep up on my fantasy leagues. As I would hope the people who join do. I want this to be competitive and have people in that follow it all year. This league will be a bit more difficult due to the depth of your roster, since there will be all 30 teams.
If your are interested in this please email me and I will get you the league address and password. You will get to pick your favorite nba team and sooner you get there the higher up your team will be in the draft. my email is Mallonee@gmail.com
Thank you, I look forward to seeing you. -Nick

This league is through nba.com (ultimate commissioner).
otherwise, just sign up!! Its set up just like the public leagues.

Password: Jordan

link:
http://ufc2.nba.com/signup/nba/invit...6&league=13270
themallonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

good idea hope people do it......u should put this in the NBA forum too
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Melturpin

Melturpin has no real reputation yet.
Default Dallas Mavericks

Is there any way we could talk you out of using technical fouls and ejections as categories?
Melturpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
Wutaguy

Wutaguy has an OK reputation so far
Default im in

i just joined...great league... i suggested a 20 team yahoo but this is way better. Only question is i joined early as the knicks, so do i get the kincks pick or do i get like the 5th or 6th? and also...when is the draft?
Wutaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
ThaKid
King

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
u should put this in the NBA forum too
do this so more ppl know about it^^^^
Old 10-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Hey,

This is H2H with categories. So if team wins majority of the stat categories counted they win for the week? correct?

In that case, don't you feel that Ejections and Tech. Fouls are not needed? Basically, if you get 1 or 2 techs and 1 ejection you lose that category. Should that be the difference in a W/L for a week, it seems kinda petty to me....

I'm in for whatever, just my 2 cents.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
themallonee

Arrow My reply

Alright! I am pumped that you all are so excited about this league. I have spent alot of time putting it together. The live draft I think is at 1pm on sat the 21st. I put tech-fouls and ejections in the catagory list to make it even more competitive. If it doesnt work out or if everyone opposses it, i will do away with it. Other than that it is weighed just like public leagues. I will try to make the draft as accurate as possible and the sooner the you join the sooner you will draft. I want this to be fun and extreamly fair. So please please, just sign up for one team. I would love it if any of you have friends that want to play, please have them join. The league seems to be filling fast and I only have till the 20th to get all the spots full. I am hoping that each team will be more like an actual NBA team and less like an allstar roster, like many of the fantasy leagues can be.
Thank you for all the replies and feedback. If you have any questions email me, mallonee@gmail.com
-Nick

Tothe kid)Also, I want to put this in other forums however I dont know where the nba.com forum is, like you were suggesting.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
themallonee

Default yes,

Yes, t-squad you are right, it is h2h and that is how it is ran.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
themallonee

Default one more thing...

If all of you who join want the tech fouls and ejections out of the format. I will take them out asap. Hopefully this wont hold anyone back. I just wanted to see how the first week went with these 2 options added to the traditional 8 categories.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
Wutaguy

Default sorry

i dont think ejections or T's should be in there, i tried it out last year, and it just didnt work out. , only beacuse ejections dont happen often

also is there a way to make it so like each week is one win?? like say if there r 10 categories and i win 6 or 7 i think i should ulitmatly end up with 1 win.just throing it out here...

also, my bro is joining as afields, he is exicted to try a new league, so dont think that its me.

Last edited by Wutaguy : 10-11-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #11
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NBA.com fantasy league is pretty old. But I heard it screws up on draft day. You guys should switch to Yahoo.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
Wutaguy

Since my other post sucked and reeked of typos, i decided to make another more formal/readable post listing my suggestions for the league.

1. No T's and Ejections, only beacuse they dont happen often and that category will tie mostly.

2. Make the roster 5 starters and either 5 or 7 bench, this will shorten the draft and make the league better. If a team has more actual starters in their 10 fantasy starters that have a better chance to win. A starting 5 with 5 bench seems better.

3. I think u already have this but im just making sure, If i win say 6 out of 10 categoryies it counts as 1 win right? And NBA style playoffs

Those are just things I would do to make the league better.But im doing it wether way. Please respond to tell me if you're gonna change it.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
themallonee

Default Scoring Fixed

Alright, you are obviously pationate about this topic. So, I got rid of two categories; techfouls and ejections.
Cool, Lets have fun now!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #14
ThaKid
King

Teams that are left:
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Milwaukee Bucks
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Hornets
San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Clippers
Sacramento Kings
Atlanta Hawks
Washington Wizards

Last edited by ThaKid : 10-12-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #15
ThaKid
King

11 teams left....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: